Woman loses her damn mind at RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'm guessing the major character overhaul and additional exposure highlighted his flaws, although the Reigns hate is getting very circlejerky.

I'm still sticking by Reigns though, he has a certain star presence to him.
People can say the booking hasn't been bad but it was awful from what I saw. The "please like Roman" campaign from post-Rumble until his match with Brock was the definition of cringe

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Seab hit it with the additional exposure highlighting his flaws.
Lets play it like baseball, and look at a five-tool prospect.

Can Roman wrestle? Absolutely. He may be the best in WWE at delivering believable offense. In the Shield he got the hot tag, kicked ass, left.
Can Roman talk? He is awesome at being Ambrose's pal, throwing quips that feel natural. Felt much more confident that way, too.
Can Roman be charismatic? Oh hell yeah. Remember that epic staredown with the Wyatts? Dude bleeds coolness.
Does Roman look like a star? Ask Vince.
Can Roman play a character? Very few people are better at being a badass than this 260 pound Samoan bulldozer, right?

We saw all this with the Shield.

People don't wanna see the 260 pound Samoan badass cut these 20 minute long narrating ass promos, people don't wanna see him have this Hoganesque matches where he sells and sells and sells and makes a comeback, people don't wanna hear him talk about magic beans and have verbal debates with Sheamus that never end... They just wanna watch the guy beat ass. And every time they wrote "Roman Reigns comes out and beats somebody's ass" on the script it was AWESOME. When he has big PPV matches that have big stories they're often the best match on the show. Dude's got a tremendous amount of talent.

Give the guy a story, too.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't really think it's really got a lot to do with Reigns as much it has to do with the product as a whole being weak and over saturated. I've never been a big fan of Reigns, but I am a big fan of Seth Rollins and the product sucked when he was on top as well.

Hell, I remember wanting Reigns to have a run with the belt because Rollins was getting really boring.

But what I think is part of the problem is that we sit through these 3 hour lackluster Raws and twiddle our thumbs. So it makes sense to look down upon the person who is supposed to be the main guy.

Now whether this is true for anyone other than me, I don't know. I can't really pick anything out about Reigns I dislike but the direction of the product with him is not entertaining as I would like. And since it really wasn't entertaining with Rollins on top and I was even wanting him to lose the belt, it makes me think it's a possibility.

I don't think any one wrestler, regardless who it is, can carry over 5 hours of programming every week. And there is always so much emphasis on the top guy, with the records and stories of all the other talent being very inconsistent.

I dunno. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much but even though I'm not enjoying the Reigns push, I doubt it has everything to do with him. Hell I loved Daniel Bryan and the Raws after he won at Wrestlemania weren't that great either.

Reactions: Swift

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
I don't really think it's really got a lot to do with Reigns as much it has to do with the product as a whole being weak and over saturated. I've never been a big fan of Reigns, but I am a big fan of Seth Rollins and the product sucked when he was on top as well.

Hell, I remember wanting Reigns to have a run with the belt because Rollins was getting really boring.

But what I think is part of the problem is that we sit through these 3 hour lackluster Raws and twiddle our thumbs. So it makes sense to look down upon the person who is supposed to be the main guy.

Now whether this is true for anyone other than me, I don't know. I can't really pick anything out about Reigns I dislike but the direction of the product with him is not entertaining as I would like. And since it really wasn't entertaining with Rollins on top and I was even wanting him to lose the belt, it makes me think it's a possibility.

I don't think any one wrestler, regardless who it is, can carry over 5 hours of programming every week. And there is always so much emphasis on the top guy, with the records and stories of all the other talent being very inconsistent.

I dunno. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much but even though I'm not enjoying the Reigns push, I doubt it has everything to do with him. Hell I loved Daniel Bryan and the Raws after he won at Wrestlemania weren't that great either.

I second this. Even when Seth has the belt WWE over all felt like a dirty sock.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Everybody was on board with Reigns being pushed before it happened. We had threads on here talking about how he would win the 2015 rumble in early 2014 and everyone was happy. Only after the push started did people decide it was a bad idea. What changed?

Because being one-third of The Shield covered up most of his weaknesses. Not hard to be liked when you're the silent, bad-ass enforcer of the group who hardly has to speak or do anything other than get the hot tag and rush in and destroy everybody with your power moves. Once Reigns had to sink or swim on his own and have people buying into him on the strength of his own character and promos, he sucked. And to make matters worse, he's being pushed over people the audience care about more (Ambrose, Bryan when he was around), which only serves to intensify the dislike.

I personally don't think he's as awful as people make him out to be, but he's not interesting enough in his current state to want to see become the new face of everything for the next several years either. And I'd say that even if there wasn't another superstar with a promising future as a main eventer that I liked more than him.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
That is the thing... Roman was LOVED in the Shield. He was loved because he was a silent brute and played the heavy hitting heel well. After they broke up, even slightly before that, people began wanting Ambrose or Rollins to take off, hardly anyone spoke on Roman outside of his Shield run unless it was in a negative way. He isn't awful and he doesn't suck but he is dry and lifeless when he isn't fighting/wrestling. Looking at how limited John Cena is in the ring with his moveset and just in general, do you think people would love him half as much if he didn't have the drive and the charisma on the mic?

People are pissed about Roman because he is being pushed like he is ready to be the face of the company and he is not, not because he sucks.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Because being one-third of The Shield covered up most of his weaknesses. Not hard to be liked when you're the silent, bad-ass enforcer of the group who hardly has to speak or do anything other than get the hot tag and rush in and destroy everybody with your power moves. Once Reigns had to sink or swim on his own and have people buying into him on the strength of his own character and promos, he sucked. And to make matters worse, he's being pushed over people the audience care about more (Ambrose, Bryan when he was around), which only serves to intensify the dislike.

I personally don't think he's as awful as people make him out to be, but he's not interesting enough in his current state to want to see become the new face of everything for the next several years either. And I'd say that even if there wasn't another superstar with a promising future as a main eventer that I liked more than him.
Again, shit booking. Thanks for confirming what I've been saying. You've got a guy with a lot of obvious strengths and instead you book him in a way to show what we don't want to see.

Snowman nailed it, you confirmed it without meaning to. Thank you.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

This tweet probably sums up how Roman feels perfectly

It would be interesting to sit down with Reigns and talk to him about his push and his feelings on the crowd. He would never be candid in an actual interview, but in a moment of honesty I wonder if he really gives a shit? My best guess is 'no'.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Again, shit booking. Thanks for confirming what I've been saying. You've got a guy with a lot of obvious strengths and instead you book him in a way to show what we don't want to see.

Snowman nailed it, you confirmed it without meaning to. Thank you.

Telling you why Reigns clearly isn't deserving of his push is "confirming" what, exactly? If you can't cut a promo, you don't belong being the face of the company. Simple as that. It wouldn't be as big of a problem if you had a special type of aura/charisma/magnetism that caused people to gravitate towards you in droves, but evidently, Reigns doesn't. He doesn't have Goldberg's aura and intensity, and he isn't gonna carry the company for any number of years by barely ever talking. Name one other successful face of the company who you can say that about. Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena, etx. are/were full of charisma and promo abilities.

Booking also includes other things such as wins, losses, storylines you're involved in, etc., and Reigns' booking from that standpoint hasn't been as flawed as people say it has been.

There comes a time when people have to stop putting all the blame on WWE for Reigns' failure and start admitting that the man himself just doesn't have the necessary tools to carry the company. When it comes to a point where you're advocating booking someone to the absolute bare minimum just to stay over - i.e. say few words, whoop ass, and do about nothing else - then it's clear the company is backing the wrong guy.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
When Bret Hart was face of the company, Vince booked him to his strengths not Hogan's. The same took place with Austin because each person is different and, lo, and behold society took to him.

Jim Cornette says pro wrestling is dead. It is an entertainment company now which spells an uphill battle for one Roman Reigns.

This is why the booking system being used for Cena is now being applied to Reigns. This is bad systemology, however, because being human isn't so rigidly defined.
Society can dictate what is popular not a system. Austin was extremely popular for reasons that went against Vince's tradional system.

Each babyface eventually had to sell out and crossover. Reigns biggest problem could come at this point. Until then, WWE shouldn't anticipate so much. Book Reigns like a man, because it isn't truly fair to book him otherwise.

Roman Reigns can't cater to a demographic of 0 - 90 including both males and females. However, he could explode the demographic of 12 - 49 if he catered to mostly them.

Then again, WWE has painted themselves into the proverbial corner as usual. They are all quantity, less equality instead of a relatively decent mixture of both.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
When Bret Hart was face of the company, Vince booked him to his strengths not Hogan's. The same took place with Austin because each person is different and, lo, and behold society took to him.

Jim Cornette says pro wrestling is dead. It is an entertainment company now which spells an uphill battle for one Roman Reigns.

This is why the booking system being used for Cena is now being applied to Reigns. This is bad systemology, however, because being human isn't so rigidly defined.
Society can dictate what is popular not a system. Austin was extremely popular for reasons that went against Vince's tradional system.

Each babyface eventually had to sell out and crossover. Reigns biggest problem could come at this point. Until then, WWE shouldn't anticipate so much. Book Reigns like a man, because it isn't truly fair to book him otherwise.

Roman Reigns can't cater to a demographic of 0 - 90 including both males and females. However, he could explode the demographic of 12 - 49 if he catered to mostly them.

Then again, WWE has painted themselves into the proverbial corner as usual. They are all quantity, less equality instead of a relatively decent mixture of both.

Serious question:

I hear the argument all the time that the top babyface needs to fit the times. Watching the common man Dusty Rhodes battle the Horsemen and their excess related to people back in the 70's. The all-american cartoonish Hogan was perfect for the 80's. The rebellious period of the late 90's was perfect for Austin. Even the mid-2000's rap boom into pop culture led itself to Cena's rise...

What can you even play off of today to draw in casuals like all these guys did?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Only getting attention because attractive females. We have seen this happen a million times, no big deal.