With the new champion, does much change?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
How does the title scene change now Bryan has won it? I assume the first month or two of feuds is going to be HHH trying to get it back. What happens afterwards? How long will his reign be? Let's discuss it.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I see it going one of 3 ways to be honest.... #1.. HHH continuously harasses Bryan, constantly throwing title defenses at him and Bryan constantly retains the title anyway, week after week after week. #2... Vince comes out tonight and orders HHH to back off of Bryan because he won it fair and square despite HHH trying to interfere... have Vince threaten to "fire" HHH if he carries it any farther.. #3... He loses the title at the next PPV and just hangs around the title picture for another 6-8 months before heading to the obscurity of the mid card.

There are lots of other routes... but in my opinion those are 3 of the best ways to go... as I said and I will repeat, In My Opinion.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Bryan and Hunter should have a rematch after their MOTN. A hardcore stipulation like 30 minute Iron Man match would be added.

Alternatively, they could just choose Orton, who has his rematch clause and didn't tap out. This will probably happen if Hunter/Stephanie are going to take time off our screens now, as many people want.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm sure Orton will get his rematch at ER. I'd enjoy another match against Hunter for the belt, and I find it possible that Lesnar could win the strap later on. But as of right now it'll be the fallout of the authority storyline, unless a big swerve comes later tonight.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Orton rematch, then HHH might try and get someone to act on his behalf to win the belt back or most likely he will will step back in the ring to try and get it. I say Bryan holds it till Summerslam. Brock most likely candidate to end his reign.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I imagine Bryan will probably hold it till Summerslam. Batista's gone from the picture especially with his movie being out in the Summer and him promoting it. I'm hoping for Brock to be back in the main event scene, but it's a shot in the dark. More logistically, I see Cesaro possibly stepping up to be the number one contender after ER.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Most of this seems downhill, its great though Bryan is now the champ but idk how long this one is gonna last.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I could see Bryan's championship reign going a number of different ways. I think he'll lose it at Summerslam at the earliest and Survivor Series at the latest. I would prefer if he got a long reign, ala Bret Hart from '94 and Shawn Michaels from '96, both of whom held the championship from Wrestlemania to Survivor Series in those years. And they could easily stretch his championship reign out that long because Bryan doesn't exactly have a short list of opponents with whom he could square off with - Triple H (who he's obviously fighting at Extreme Rules), Randy Orton (he has a rematch clause in his contract, although the last thing I want to see is another Bryan/Orton match), Batista, Bray Wyatt, John Cena, and, of course, Brock Lesnar. Here's one way Bryan's championship reign could go:

Extreme Rules - Triple H
Payback - Randy Orton
Money In The Bank & Battleground - Batista
Summerslam - John Cena in a rematch from last year
Night Of Champions & Hell In A Cell - Bray Wyatt
Survivor Series - Brock Lesnar

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
only thing changing is the channel when DB comes out

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
New era of younger talents. Hopefully, Dean becomes a good champion again. He's boring.
The US title means completely nothing at this point, I'm not even sure if a new champion would put any meaning into it. The IC title is barely staying relevant due to poor booking, the US title is just dead.

Zulqi

Jobber
Reaction score
The US title means completely nothing at this point, I'm not even sure if a new champion would put any meaning into it. The IC title is barely staying relevant due to poor booking, the US title is just dead.
WHC means nothing as well. It means something now but when they have been split apart, the WHC will be back to its piece of shit level.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
WHC means nothing as well. It means something now but when they have been split apart, the WHC will be back to its piece of shit level.
As of right now it means something considered it's merged. Afterwards, if they do something right with the belt and give it to someone like Cesaro, there could be more hope for it.