Will TNA Ever Be As Big As WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

Now keep in mind I know next to nothing about TNA mainly because I don't get it in Australia except PPVs but I have looked at it and seen the X Division plus some very talented people on the roster and I was wondering, will one day TNA be as big if not bigger then WWE? Or will WWE just buy it as it starts to build up and eliminate any competition?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

this is one of those questions that you cant answer. always depends on circumstances

The Rated R CMStar

One has to say no, not because its TNA, but just because the business is not in the full capacity to built another mega-company. TNA needs an improvement in the ratings to go to the other level, as they already proved they can attract the big names(Cage, Angle, Booker), but in a moment in which wrestling is in a slump and not very attractive, do you think that TNA can get that 2.0 improvement they need?

And to think that TNA will survive with 1.1 waiting for the slump to be over is highly unlikely

chessarmy

Meh, I've answered this question like a thousand times already...so, I guess I'll make it a thousand and one (hahaha, I'm so fuckin funny)

Pro Wrestling is in a slump right now, and as CMS said, wrestling isn't as "attractive" to people as it was in say, the 90's. BUT, I think it is just a stage that will eventually pass. TNA needs make themselves known...I live in the NY area and I never see commercials for TNA, thats why when you ask anybody on the street what TNA is, they'll either ignore you because they think you're asking them about tits and asses, or they'll think your some pervert. Either way, the key to TNA's success and for them to eventually become a rival and a company that WWE needs to worry about, all they need is more advertising and more exposure...once they get that, I believe wrestling as a whole will get alot more viewers, and a new monday night wars will begin

CT Styles

Yeah cos it is unique with the 6 sided ring and stuff and people might find it interesting to see how they use it and I believe one day that they could become a rival company, now they are not and I have never even see anyone on WWE TV mention TNA so I think that proves they are not a problem right now but I think they could be in the future with what you said, exposure.

gashface

Reaction score
It will take years of steady rise, but yes, it could as long as the wrestling slump begins to subside within the next few years.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i highly doubt it... i think tna will succeed in some way but wwe is to well set and it would take a long ass time for tna to become as well known as wwe...

dstebbins

Reaction score
Now keep in mind I know next to nothing about TNA mainly because I don't get it in Australia except PPVs but I have looked at it and seen the X Division plus some very talented people on the roster and I was wondering, will one day TNA be as big if not bigger then WWE? Or will WWE just buy it as it starts to build up and eliminate any competition?

Sure you can. Just go to iTunes and download the episodes. They're usually on iTunes before the Saturday replay show happens.

Techniq

Reaction score
No, I don't think it'll ever be as big. But I do think it will be big..

Destroyer

Reaction score
No i dont think so even if they keep stealing some top talent from wwe

McLovin

Reaction score
I don't think TNA will become as big as WWE. The main reason is they don't have enough money to. WCW had a lot of money with Ted Turner so he could compete. TNA has a fund that isn't going to last long, and I don't think they have made a profit yet.

todd_gaines

Reaction score
yea i think tna in time will be as big as wwe and hopefully thats sooner then later so the wwe will get better like during the monday night wars, who knows maybe with some freak luck tna will be that big in a few years and maybe could have there own monday night show, that's what i like to see.

Dr. Bunsen

Reaction score
I doubt there will be Monday Night Wars. If anything WWE will lay off their workers and buy out TNA for good when the slumps get low-down and bam we have an entertainment monopoly... well maybe not exactly. I don't like TNA very much because they use to much tension to make a less IMPACT for the climax, but I guess WWE doesn't have enough tension
**I guess except in the long run for WM if you count that**
I think the WWE knows more of what they're doing vs. TNA.

I know this might sound riddiculous but I perfer UFC than pro-wrestling. I recently got turned on by this sport. I still watch both WWE and TNA however I don't find them as entertaining.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

dstebbins said:
Sure you can. Just go to iTunes and download the episodes. They're usually on iTunes before the Saturday replay show happens.
Well actually iTunes America and iTunes Australia have different products, so I don't know if you can in Australia