Will TNA Ever Be As Big As WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mike1989

Reaction score
Not unless they do a WCW, throwing tons of money at John Cena, Batista, MVP and co to jump ship. If they can't, then they will never be as big as the WWE not even if they go as they do for ten years.

Reaction score
What everyone is forgetting here, TNA cant even be compared to WCW at this point. WCW was around for 10-12 years before it was competing on the same stage as WWF. Sure WCW has the WWF talent that they had pursuaded into jumping ship, or the ones who were fired or left WWF for WCW for whatever reasons. But the one thing we are all forgetting, WCW has the home grown talent the same as WWF did. They both have/had wrestling schools or what some would call as farm feds. Where their stars would get the training they needed and some build up with local fans. Then when they were brought to the big stage they were in a position where they could be built up. From the ground up! Like Benoit, Goldberg, Luger, Sting, these guys were built from the ground up by WCW. They were cornerstones to the company. They were there for a majority of the life. People saw them progress. They started in the bottom ranks. Climbed to the top. and created a cycle like WWE had and still had. TNA has main eventers from other companies saturating their main event field. They have their own talent, and thats what they need to build. Like it was said elsewhere in this thread, they do too much too fast. They need to build storylines. I have seen in TNA once you think something is going to last a while, it doesnt. Sure you can say WCW was full of WWF main eventers, but they had a balance. Goldberg, Benoit, Sting, Booker T, being mainstay names in WCW that filed the main event for many years. But one thing that WCW did that I havent seen TNA do, they changed the gimmicks, names, looks. TNA has Team 3D with the same gimmick, Booker T, same gimmick, Kurt Angle still going on about the medals hes just all roided up, Rhino, same gimmick, Sting, same, Jay Lethal is a recycled gimmick. Sure you may tell me that WCW didnt change all the gimmicks either. But look at the ones they did change, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Hulk Hogan. Hulk Hogan has the most known gimmick in the whole wrestling world. There is not one wrestling fan that doesnt know the Hulkamaniac gimmick and the red and the yellow. But you ask them, which one was better, more then half will tell you Hollywood Hogan. Changed his whole gimmick, alignment, everything. Thats why WCW caught up with WWF. TNA is going to have to do their own things, make their own creative strides to catch WWF. At this point, they arent doing it. Maybe in 8 years they will be to a point where they can do that. Maybe someone will move in as a partner who owns a television channel and be able to pour money into the product. Or maybe Jeff Jarret will win the lottery. Heres to hoping :drinks_drunk:

poet682006

Reaction score
Well if wrestling was their priority why is there schoolgirls like Sharkboy & Curryman playing dress-ups in there. They should try and sign RVD & Sabu to lighten up the X-Division and they could replace those two oxygen bandits Sboy and Cman. What you're saying is wrestling not promos is the priority then sack Sharkboy, Curryman & Super Eric or give them better gimmicks.

You mean dumb gimmicks like "The Hurricane" and "Goldust"? As long as you have wrestling you're going to have some cheesy gimmicks. I notice you targeted the two masked wrestlers. Is there something wrong with masks? Traditionally Mexican Luches wear masks.

Poet

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
TNA can get better, but not on a WWE level for a while. I know that WWE would love some competition, but they will always win, so it doesn't really matter if TNA gets to the top or not business wise. They could buy their selves bankrupt, and that might happen soon at the pace they're going. I could see there ratings going up to about a 1.5 at the end of the year if they continue doing what they've done in the past month.