Will TNA Ever Be As Big As WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Right now it's not only a money issue of whether TNA can expand to the point of WWE it's also from the creative standpoint. WWE went through so many incredible eras and reinvented themselves so many different times. TNA really needs to hit their first big landmark. Sadly that's not going to happen simply pushing old WWE talent and ignoring the incredible talent that they already had right under their noses. It's gimmicks like VKM, Shark Boy, Black Machismo, Curry Man (yes Curry Man...seriously...cmon people...the guy dances around the ring like an asshole and wears a plate of curry on his head) and various others that'll continue to hold TNA back for a long time to come. You can't just appeal to disgruntled WWE fans by having a jobbing fish boy suddenly turn into a raging red neck or a tag team ironically with the same initials as the other companies boss declaring to wage war. TNA has all of the tools they need to rise head and shoulders above WWE if they really wanted to and worked hard at creating innovative storylines and feuds. Guys like AJ Styles, Kaz, Shelley, Sabin, Daniels, Petey Williams, Joe, Christian..and that's just to name a few. Most of their roster is incredibly talented.

Wrestling Station

I dont think so.. well you ever see a TNA PPV like what happend in WM24 with that arena and all the setup and all the huge expenditures? i dont think so!!

TNA will stay as what ECW used to be.. in a small arena. They cant expand coz they will have to pay more money to hire an arena that has like +50,000 seats while they may only get actually 6,000 fans attending their show with cheap/free tickets ROFL.

anyway.. thats not my opinion... thats actually a fact! TNA will never be as big as the WWE coz if they only tried to expand, they cant afford to pay their bills.

HBKforever

Reaction score
No, and I don't think they'll even be as big as WCW. I think ECW is more of a realistic goal....The problem is that alot of people see the TNA roster as WWE/WCW rejects. The other problem is that TNA pushes most of these guys as well, other than Angle they really didn't steal any top talent from the WWE and Angle was even on ECW at the time he left. Cage was never more than a mid-carder, Booker was at the end of his rope, Nash was always injured, and Sting is getting near the end of his career as well. If TNA puts more emphasis back on the X division and push guys like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe they could have a chance to be ECW. I will also say that they're women's division is FAR superior to WWE but other than that they are worse than WWE in everything else right now. We'll see what happens, but I just don't see TNA making it that much bigger than it is right now, even if wrestling as a whole becomes more popular.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Not in my life time they won’t, Hell there’s a better chance of wrestling dying off completely then TNA becoming as big as the Fed. Don’t get me wrong though, I would like to see it happen just for the fact it will MAKE the creative teams (on both sides) write better storylines/ shows and you know actually have some sort of competition in the world of wrestling.

imported_JozMan

TNA iMPACT is going to be on Fox 8 This saturday at 10:30 in Australia!

The 1st Ever time its being shown in Australia! :)

Reaction score
Let's not forget wwe has been around for 50+ years and TNA has only been around 6 years or so!:music_serenade:

WFS2008

Reaction score
I dont see TNA ever getting as big as WWE but I could be wrong. The thing with WWE is that it has a lot of history and aside from its problems every so often its run very well. Ill always be a WWE fan because thats what I grew up with, I just want TNA to be able to give them a kick in the ass to get the ball rolling again.

CT Styles

I watched my first TNA ep just then and I must say that their promos imo are very amateur compared to WWE in general and with dickheads like Sharkboy and stuff you can't take it seriously. TNA is a fast rising promotion but I think they should sack some of the idiots and replace them with people who have talent. At some points it looked like schoolkids playing dress-ups.

poet682006

Reaction score
I'd say probably not but who knows? Nobody thought WCW could beat the WWF for 84 straight weeks so anything can happen.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

DX Degenerate said:
I watched my first TNA ep just then and I must say that their promos imo are very amateur compared to WWE in general and with dickheads like Sharkboy and stuff you can't take it seriously. TNA is a fast rising promotion but I think they should sack some of the idiots and replace them with people who have talent. At some points it looked like schoolkids playing dress-ups.
I agree, that is the problem with TNA, as well as their overbooking. I mean I can't keep up with iMPACT! sometimes, there is just too much too quick. They need to calm down and develop stories better.

poet682006

Reaction score
Well, I think that's their big selling point: In ring action as opposed to extra-curricular melodrama. TNA's appealing to "wrestling" fans as opposed to "sports-entertainment" fans. In the latter what goes on outside the ring is more important to what goes on inside the ring. In the former it's the opposite.

CT Styles

Well if wrestling was their priority why is there schoolgirls like Sharkboy & Curryman playing dress-ups in there. They should try and sign RVD & Sabu to lighten up the X-Division and they could replace those two oxygen bandits Sboy and Cman. What you're saying is wrestling not promos is the priority then sack Sharkboy, Curryman & Super Eric or give them better gimmicks.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I am tried of people trying to compare them to WWE..and asking will TNA Catch WWE

Look WWE has been around since 1952 and trust me they was not big in like only a few years....it takes time

TNA been around since 2002

so I mean thats what 5 or 6 years they been around....trust me it took WWE alone time to get where they are...damn...so give TNA time...they might catch them one day...

so thats my answer MAYBE

LadyHotrod

I just don't think TNA has what it takes. The WWE is just too big to take down. No matter how stupid the storylines get, millions of people will always support it. It will always get ratings. It will always make money.