Will the negative reaction change WWE's booking?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
That's not what I said at all. I'm saying the crowd would boo it whenever it happened, and the hate would be increased if it came after some big WM match. Wasn't talking about the value of the title or arguing about its position on the card.

And the point I was making regarded the statement you made about "especially after a hot Lesnar....". If they did the match after a gimmick or Divas match and before Undertaker vs. Lesnar (or what-have-you), the negative reaction wouldn't be nearly so loud.

To the OP, I do think the negative reaction might change their thoughts on booking. But, the idea that they'd change their booking to avoid a bunch of people booing (which is a reaction, which is what they're after) is a non-starter. As long as, at the end of the night, the crowd goes home happy (which they would if you ended the night with Taker beating Lesnar or Punk beating HHH or Bryan beating Sheamus), they're not worried about crowd reaction to one match. If Orton vs. Batista ended and the next match had the crowd revved up chanting "Yes!" while Bryan beat Sheamus, WWE would be pleased as punch.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
the difference is your wife and you are really only paying 5-10x more on drinks than food. A steak runs for 2-3x the cost of it, max, and you are also paying for someone to cook and produce the food, as well as someone to serve and someone to clean your dishes after. Movies? Popcorn prices? we are talking 10x easily.
I'm more disturbed by the fact that Texas Roadhouse is his go to spot for a steak

come on son

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
the difference is your wife and you are really only paying 5-10x more on drinks than food. A steak runs for 2-3x the cost of it, max, and you are also paying for someone to cook and produce the food, as well as someone to serve and someone to clean your dishes after. Movies? Popcorn prices? we are talking 10x easily.
j
But at least I don't have to pay for the sex.

wk

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
lol just giving you shit man. it's not TOO terrible like 1/2 the time

goddammit aids you shit head. now this post looks dumb because I didn't quote waco

Reactions: Wacokid27

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'm more disturbed by the fact that Texas Roadhouse is his go to spot for a steak

come on son
Never frozen steaks? This isnt west coast bs here buddy. In the midwest, Roadhouse has quality products from only hours away. They do farm slaughterhouse shit here in the midwest. Sorry you get the frozen stuff we dont want in San Fran. :pity1:

Reactions: Wacokid27

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
WWE deserves all the credit in the world, as places like Disney MGM and all that shit continue to work towards 10-12$ movie tickets etc, when you can get it home for free. I would gladly drop 2-3$ to see a movie quality work at my house, and would do so for every item - because movie theatres need to die out. The days of 8$ popcorn and things of that nature are years gone, at least as far as people with common sense are concerned. Most of the great movies at Sundance end up being available to dl months before they even hit theatres, in DVD quality nonetheless, but that is a different argument for another time i guess.

Movie theaters aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Despite what damage pirating HAS done to the movie industry, it isn't irrecoverable or unsustainable. Films still break box office records for opening weekend and total overall gross all the time, such as The Avengers, Avatar and the Harry Potter and James Bond franchises. One shouldn't underestimate the experience that most people have of watching a movie in a dark theater with others. It just carries a more special and magical feeling to it than sitting at home and watching it on a normal TV does, at least the first time you watch it. (I'd also wager to bet that the majority of movies that someone downloads is the kind of movies they're not likely to leave the house to go see in a theater anyway.)

Back on topic, I think it could change WWE's booking. The likely Orton v Batista match won't happen now because it would get buried by the 80,000 crowd, especially if it came after a hot Lesnar, Taker, Bryan, Cena or Punk match.

As long as it wasn't the main event, WWE likely wouldn't care either way if the live crowd happens to shit on it. And I'm still banking on Punk/Triple H headlining this year anyway.