Will the negative reaction change WWE's booking?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
You still have to have an upload service, usually (I would assume) the way it works is they have a cable converter in their video card to upload directv directly from their cable box to their pc. The Internet WWE will probably make it tougher to stream ONLY if those sources drop their ppv's, honestly. I doubt it will take more than a month or few to get the WWE-network online to go straight to streaming sources. All you really need would be a vpn or two to run course through services detecting your IP, and you could re-route the services to a direct stream just as well.

I am horrible at explaining, but all i'm saying is their network won't stop piracy, it might slow it down for a ppv or two max. The really beauty of pirates is the fact the top tier is made up of some of the most intellectually prepared and capable people. People who could make a shitload of money working against piracy, but instead they make a decent amount working to try and force things like the WWE-network to adapt. I think the WWE-network is great, and 10$ for a ppv is awesome, all i'm waiting for is WWE to get a little more smark-oriented and I will gladly jump ship.

WWE deserves all the credit in the world, as places like Disney MGM and all that shit continue to work towards 10-12$ movie tickets etc, when you can get it home for free. I would gladly drop 2-3$ to see a movie quality work at my house, and would do so for every item - because movie theatres need to die out. The days of 8$ popcorn and things of that nature are years gone, at least as far as people with common sense are concerned. Most of the great movies at Sundance end up being available to dl months before they even hit theatres, in DVD quality nonetheless, but that is a different argument for another time i guess.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Serious question: is it more or less difficult to stream from an online source (Roku, Android, iOS, etc.) than it is to stream from PPV on television? I ask because a buddy (who's a tech geek) and I were talking about the WWE Network and he said that the streaming service aspect has to do with the fact that it's harder to put up illegal streams from those sources than from TV, which WWE probably figures will cut down on the illegal viewing of PPV's. He also mentioned that's probably why they're not worried about DirecTV and others talking about no longer carrying WWE PPV's.

Personally, I have no frickin' clue. That's not my bag, baby.

wk

Honestly, it's easier 10 fold. You don't need expensive equipment to take the feed from your TV to your PC and then stream it, all you need is decent screen-capture software (such as xSplit, obviously many who are doing this won't bother to purchase it) and then set it up on an off-shore dedicated server/VPS to just constantly capture and stream the 'screen' of the machine, so to speak.

Your friend is talking rubbish :lol1:

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Ah. Okay. I'm not a tech guy, so hearing what he said sounded like Greek. Reading what you typed is a lot clearer. I'm not sure if the two of you agree or not, but at least I can understand your point.

Nothing will stop internet piracy. The only things that will keep movie theaters going are dating and people's desire to have that in-theater experience which it is still prohibitively expensive to create in your home. Also, kids will still want to go to the movies, so families will keep them going. If you're willing to eat the expense for the tickets, treats, etc., it's a lot of fun.

Just my $0.02 on the movie industry.

wk

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Back on topic, I think it could change WWE's booking. The likely Orton v Batista match won't happen now because it would get buried by the 80,000 crowd, especially if it came after a hot Lesnar, Taker, Bryan, Cena or Punk match.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Ah. Okay. I'm not a tech guy, so hearing what he said sounded like Greek. Reading what you typed is a lot clearer. I'm not sure if the two of you agree or not, but at least I can understand your point.

Nothing will stop internet piracy. The only things that will keep movie theaters going are dating and people's desire to have that in-theater experience which it is still prohibitively expensive to create in your home. Also, kids will still want to go to the movies, so families will keep them going. If you're willing to eat the expense for the tickets, treats, etc., it's a lot of fun.

wk
buddy you can buy a decent projector, a lazyboy, and a pretty reasonable surround sound for well under 1000$ at this point. Sure it wont be exactly the same, but youd save that in food and ticket money in 10 years easily.

Reactions: Jonathan

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score

wk

Uhm, I'd say we couldn't disagree more tbh :lol1: - I mean, sure it's going to be harder for the on-demand content where people who have legit accounts can go on and play whatever they want, because those who watch the stream will only be able to watch the one "live channel" (I presume they're having a channel of some kind which just shows random content?) . You're right though, nothing will stop it, just like the "war on drugs and terror" - nothing will stop those, so why try? Sure for terror, but drugs? Pointless.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Back on topic, I think it could change WWE's booking. The likely Orton v Batista match won't happen now because it would get buried by the 80,000 crowd, especially if it came after a hot Lesnar, Taker, Bryan, Cena or Punk match.

Not an issue if it came before Punk vs. HHH/Kane, Taker vs. Lesnar, Bryan vs. Sheamus. It would lessen the "value" of the title, but it wouldn't be the first time they've had the main title match not be the last match at a Mania.

wk

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
buddy you can buy a decent projector, a lazyboy, and a pretty reasonable surround sound for well under 1000$ at this point. Sure it wont be exactly the same, but youd save that in food and ticket money in 10 years easily.

This. Cousin has an 90" projector in his apartment, cost £350 about 4 year ago. Netflix/Sky movies/torrents and you're set.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score

Some people enjoy the experience of going out.

Kinda like, I could buy and cook the steaks for a lot cheaper than I can go to Texas Roadhouse. But, the wife and I like to go out, have someone else cook the food and do the dishes, etc. Then all we have to worry about is getting home for the sex.

wk

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Not an issue if it came before Punk vs. HHH/Kane, Taker vs. Lesnar, Bryan vs. Sheamus. It would lessen the "value" of the title, but it wouldn't be the first time they've had the main title match not be the last match at a Mania.

wk

That's not what I said at all. I'm saying the crowd would boo it whenever it happened, and the hate would be increased if it came after some big WM match. Wasn't talking about the value of the title or arguing about its position on the card.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
You can bet your ass when people start posting in huge #s that they are boycotting WM things will take a quick turn IMO.
yea Vince will really give a fuck that a bunch of basement dwelling "smart" marks aren't going to steal his PPV because he won't push their undersized uninteresting ring general to the top

I'm on my phone, but pretend the above text is yellow for me

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
This. Cousin has an 90" projector in his apartment, cost £350 about 4 year ago. Netflix/Sky movies/torrents and you're set.
yeah i dropped 280 on my hdmi projector before, dropped 150 on an extra lamp with warranty on it, got a dank setup from craigslist and pirated the shit, only buying movies when they hit 5-10$ mark, and netflix. I would honestly rather wait, and then watch it later. If there was a service to pay for MGM monthly for new movies etc, i would gladly do it for each one. Honestly why people buy cable anymore is so far beyond me. You drop 60$ on internet (which is bullshit in and of itself) why would i spend more money? The idea is to make the industry conform to a realistic #. We raised minimum wage to what, 8.20 an hour? So every single seat in the house is that much for a movie? Every person is probably paying 2-3$ an hour for tv they get, which is chalk full of ads? FFS the preshow on youtube is free but they have advertising, why should cable be any different?

Sorry going to far with it all, but at the end of the day im not paying some asshole 25 million dollars on one picture, the industry ran unregulated too long with too much bullshit going on, and I will not partake in helping pay for it until cost efficiency becomes important to those fuckers as much as it is for me tbh. Movies costing 200+ million because there are 10 big names in it. Fuck em, a grip of new people would do a great job for 5% of their cost! I dont go to see a movie because someone is in it, that shit just isnt for me.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
yea Vince will really give a fuck that a bunch of basement dwelling "smart" marks aren't going to steal his PPV because he won't push their undersized uninteresting ring general to the top

I'm on my phone, but pretend the above text is yellow for me
I got your back. I got corrected a full page ago, but thanks for reminding me I was wrong.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Some people enjoy the experience of going out.

Kinda like, I could buy and cook the steaks for a lot cheaper than I can go to Texas Roadhouse. But, the wife and I like to go out, have someone else cook the food and do the dishes, etc. Then all we have to worry about is getting home for the sex.

wk
the difference is your wife and you are really only paying 5-10x more on drinks than food. A steak runs for 2-3x the cost of it, max, and you are also paying for someone to cook and produce the food, as well as someone to serve and someone to clean your dishes after. Movies? Popcorn prices? we are talking 10x easily.

Reactions: Wacokid27