Will The Miz go back to jobber status soon?(Miz and Punk house show incident)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Punk is very sloppy in ring. That's hard to deny. Everyone botches. Even a legend like Owen Hart botched (He broke Stone Cold's neck)

To be fair, that wasn't so much a botch as it was Owen just being sloppy. Austin even warned him before the match that dropping to his ass instead of his knees wouldn't allow him much room to protect himself, but he didn't listen. I don't blame Austin for never wanting to work with Owen again after that.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
This "Punk is very sloppy in the ring" stuff is so weird to me. I think a good 95% or so of his matches he is flawless and doesn't get the credit he now deserves (apart from his die hard marks). You're right, he does make mistakes and the marks never want to admit that, but this phase of everyone saying "he is sloppy in the ring" baffles me. He just simply is no where near as good as his marks think he is, but he is still one of the best wrestlers in WWE without a shadow of a doubt.

Reaction score
People have posted pictures on websites (wrestlezone i think) and people think it looks more like Punk's fault. Everyone said that Miz dropped Punk prematurely but in the pictures they're both dropping at the same time. Everything in that picture looks normal except the fact that punks head is about to hit the mat. It could have just been the fact that Punk lost his balance which caused it to happen. Last night they did the same move again but this time it worked. I think this was just a case of Punk losing a bit of balance. Anyway, it was nothing serious as Punk fought again at the house show and looked good still.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Images of the incident.
33e9759936a37a61f1096c56ff87a8a9.jpg

d41dae05ed657ba4055c5748d076a57d.jpg

111a99614898bd94028bb1f591fe9906.jpg

Everyone botches, it's apart of wrestling. You can't say that no one in their entire career of wrestling hasn't botched before or failed. Yes, they are professionals however they're human beings. How many of you got 100% on your exams continuously? Right, I didn't think so. The point there is that you do make mistake on your exams likewise wrestlers make mistakes in the ring. Everyone knows the consequences and the risks of wrestling such as broken bones, dislocations, etc. The good thing is that CM Punk is not injured, fine and alive.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
TBH looking at those pics it seems like Punk shares some of the blame. Look at how Cesaro, once Ryback started falling shifted his center of balance and fell with Ryback, thus hitting the ground with his full body and dividing the impact. Miz seems to be falling just fine but Punk is not falling with him. Maybe Punk is late, maybe there was some miscommunication but it seems like this is a mistake from both guys.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Danielson said:
It looks like he didn't carry him backwards to me

Yeah, Miz didn't pull him backwards. How much can Punk really do in that position? He has to trust Miz unfortunately for him.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
And you think the stalling suplex wasn't planned? It was a double spot were Ryback did the suplex on Cesaro and Miz did it on Punk. Everyone botches. Punk is very sloppy because he gets caught up in the motions and doesn't like to listen to other people.

OH HELL NO CM PUNK NEVER BOTCH!

Dat LeoFarooq Deathbane said:
Gohan everyone botches every once in a while. It happens all the time. Punk botches his GTS all the time, Owen who was a better wrestler then Punk botched, even Shawn Michaels botched, and this is just going by if Miz is to blame at all. It could still be Punk's fault, but either way the only thing that matters is that Punk is okay. That's all.

OH HELL NO CM PUNK WAS WAY FUCKIN BETTER THEN OWEN! And Miz should get FIRED! If this was Mr. Kennedy Kennedy he would have been FIRIED ON THE SPOT! OH WAIT!? :pipebomb: a\And Mr. Kennedy IS A WAY FUCKIN BETTER WRESTLER THEN THE MIZ! Miz is the Wrost WWE Champion/Wrestler of ALL TIME! CASE CLOSED!

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Saylor said:
Images of the incident.
33e9759936a37a61f1096c56ff87a8a9.jpg

d41dae05ed657ba4055c5748d076a57d.jpg

111a99614898bd94028bb1f591fe9906.jpg

Everyone botches, it's apart of wrestling. You can't say that no one in their entire career of wrestling hasn't botched before or failed. Yes, they are professionals however they're human beings. How many of you got 100% on your exams continuously? Right, I didn't think so. The point there is that you do make mistake on your exams likewise wrestlers make mistakes in the ring. Everyone knows the consequences and the risks of wrestling such as broken bones, dislocations, etc. The good thing is that CM Punk is not injured, fine and alive.

I don't get that argument. I'm not gonna get involved in the 'my guy is better than your guy' thing, but if this were a one off thing then that would be a fair way to put it, but it isn't. Sin Cara aside, I can't think of anybody who has made nearly as many botches in the ring as Miz has over the past year or so. At least Cara has a bit of an excuse as well, given his moveset is complicated and his mask is Blue, Miz, however, has an incredibly easy moveset in comparison to most WWE guys (granted, the pleb that thought up this suplex spot deserves to be shot). He needs to improve in the ring, and this whole 'everybody makes mistakes' excuse can only be used so many times.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
OH HELL NO CM PUNK NEVER BOTCH!

OH HELL NO CM PUNK WAS WAY FUCKIN BETTER THEN OWEN! And Miz should get FIRED! If this was Mr. Kennedy Kennedy he would have been FIRIED ON THE SPOT! OH WAIT!? :pipebomb: a\And Mr. Kennedy IS A WAY FUCKIN BETTER WRESTLER THEN THE MIZ! Miz is the Wrost WWE Champion/Wrestler of ALL TIME! CASE CLOSED!

CM Punk better than Owen Hart in the ring? Get over here @"Senhor Perfect"

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
who was the road agent that came up with the idea?

This is the main problem for me tbh. It's not a move Miz should do, it's for heavier guys. We don't know whose fault was it as far as the physical botch does but the spot was poorly booked.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
CM Punk better than Owen Hart in the ring? Get over here @"Senhor Perfect"

Do I really have to comment on it? I like Punk, I really do, but he couldn't lace up Owen's boots.