who's the better midfielder?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

joshboi

Reaction score
guys, who is the better midfielder zinedine zidane or david beckham?

i'll leave u guys to decide

Wrestling Station

Plain and simple. Zidane.

You should have said other names than Beckham to compare with a legend like Zidane. examples; Ronaldinho, Gerrard, Deco, Ballack, Lampard, Messi (all of them are better than Beckham tbh).

phantomgerald

Beckham beats Zidane only in crossing. He gets owned everywhere else.

Switchy

Reaction score
Zidane is legend plain and simple and is a great (mostly) all round player. Beckham is better at him in a few factors of play but Zidane is just amazing at all aspects of the game rather than Beckham who is only good at crossing and set pieces (corners, Fk's, pens)

samborambo

Reaction score
You can not compare Beckham with Zidane. Zidane was a true master in the game, Yeah Beckham delivers a good ball but he is not in the same league as Zidane.

Untouchable

Reaction score
Zidane is legend plain and simple and is a great (mostly) all round player. Beckham is better at him in a few factors of play but Zidane is just amazing at all aspects of the game rather than Beckham who is only good at crossing and set pieces (corners, Fk's, pens)

beckham really aint that good a FK's and Pens, look how often he just hits the wall, he'll do it like 9 times outa 10, and lets not even go into his pens, lateley they have been poor.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Yeah but he's better than Zidane imo at set pieces is all i'm saying. If you want free kicks these days Juninho is the man.

phantomgerald

beckham really aint that good a FK's and Pens, look how often he just hits the wall, he'll do it like 9 times outa 10, and lets not even go into his pens, lateley they have been poor.

Most free kicks either hit the wall or fly over, its common. But when Beckham gets over the wall, the other team must really be worried because he's usually accurate.

Reaction score
when they were playing at madrid beckham went on record as saying that zidane was the best player in the world.zidane is up there with maradona ,pele and beckenbauer true masters of their art.If you wanted to compare an englishman to zidane you should have chosen gerrard.Gerrard can't dribble like zidane but he can play on the right wing,as an offensive midfielder, as a defensive midfielder and as a second striker.When gerrard is on top form you'll get the impression that liverpool are playing with 12 or13 players instead of 11.

phantomgerald

Although i'm a Chelsea fan, I have to agree with you. Gerrard is the only ENglish player that can even be mentioned in the same breath as Zidane. At this point, unless Gerrard gets alot of medals in the next few years, then Zidane will still be better.

Reaction score
i don't think you can relate quality of a player to the number of medals won.ex. steve mcmanaman won 3 champions league medals .Also gerrard is playing in a league where right now there are 3 titans[liverpool ,chelsea and man utd] whereas at the time when zidane was ruling la liga bearcelona was in pre ronaldinho era with a decent but ordinary team.Thank god for la liga there was rafa and his valencia side.But don't worry i see gerrard with a few more fa cup ,league and champions league medals by the time his career ends.

Wrestling Station

i think Kaka is the most player that can match Zidane. Eventhough Gerrard is very good, but i think Kaka has more skills that can be compared to Zidane.

Zidane is a pure arab talent, and everytime you see him dribbling the ball, you feel that he is using a magnet or something. Awesome player. Despite him winning several medals before Ronaldinho era with Barcelona, but his talent cant be measured by number of medals nor the play situation.

So i think the players that can be some how compared to Zidane are:
1- Kaka
2- Gerrard/ Ballack
3- Messi/ Deco
4- Totti (when he plays as an offensive midfielder).

phantomgerald

i think Kaka is the most player that can match Zidane. Eventhough Gerrard is very good, but i think Kaka has more skills that can be compared to Zidane.

Zidane is a pure arab talent, and everytime you see him dribbling the ball, you feel that he is using a magnet or something. Awesome player. Despite him winning several medals before Ronaldinho era with Barcelona, but his talent cant be measured by number of medals nor the play situation.

So i think the players that can be some how compared to Zidane are:
1- Kaka
2- Gerrard/ Ballack
3- Messi/ Deco
4- Totti (when he plays as an offensive midfielder).

I think Messi is overrated right now. He's good, but not top ten sort of good. How could he actually be over Totti for example in your list. Most people are blinded by the fact that he's young.

Reaction score
i don't think messi is overrated,he may still lack match experience but if he performs to the best of his ability for barca this season like he did last season you'll soon have big clubs throwing around 30-40 million euros to get his signature.

About zidane apart from his technical ability what made him great was also the fact that he was a big man,it was not easy to shrug him off the ball.

the dark knight

Plain and simple. Zidane.

You should have said other names than Beckham to compare with a legend like Zidane. examples; Ronaldinho, Gerrard, Deco, Ballack, Lampard, Messi (all of them are better than Beckham tbh).
better than beckham is arguable. but comparing them to zidane is....:drinks_drunk:

Beckham beats Zidane only in crossing. He gets owned everywhere else.
not in free kicks and penalties.

.....phantom already replied.

when they were playing at madrid beckham went on record as saying that zidane was the best player in the world.zidane is up there with maradona ,pele and beckenbauer true masters of their art.If you wanted to compare an englishman to zidane you should have chosen gerrard.Gerrard can't dribble like zidane but he can play on the right wing,as an offensive midfielder, as a defensive midfielder and as a second striker.When gerrard is on top form you'll get the impression that liverpool are playing with 12 or13 players instead of 11.
please remove maradona. the only player i can add to the legends list right now is henry.

and messi is in the over rated section :)

bottom line, zidane > becks.