Who Should Ric Flair’s Final Match At Wrestlemania 24 Involve...???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

who you guys want Flair to fight in his farewell match??

• Shawn Micheals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hulk Hogan

• Ricky Steamboat

• Sting

• Triple H

• Batista

• Undertaker

• Vince Mcmahon

• Mick Foley

• Randy Orton

• Total voters

vickymania

Reaction score
If rumors that have been floating all over the internet are correct, it seems as if Flair’s retirement from the in-ring aspect of professional wrestling is nearing. While nothing has been confirmed on this, I think it’s fair to state that it may indeed be true. And without sounding mean, I think it may be best if Flair did in fact retire from the competitive side of things in the next 6 months or so.

so for the sake of this question,I am going to make the assumption that Flair will have his last match at WrestleMania 24 in late-March of 2008 in Orlando, Florida.Who should be in the ring with Flair in that last match…???:g: It may be a one on one bout or a multi-man match. It could be a title bout or some kind of legends match..almost anything..what would suit "The Nature Boy"?? and who's the most eligible wrestler to share the ring with Flair??

comments people..

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I think it should be against the WWE or WHC at the time...he should win the belt...

Now I dont see why WWE just dosent give him the belt again....It would be one of the biggest and greatest moments in WWE history to see Flair retire with the gold held high at WM...I am begging for WWE to pull the trigger and do this...what could it possibly hurt more than gain? They would be gaining a great moment in history and what would they be losing?? A Great Khali or Cena match??? Fuck this....Flair for Champion one last time

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
Orton has already done it though.

Flair For Champ! That's all I'm gonna say. I'm agreeing with V1 and say that WWE should make him '17-time' WHC. If he's gonna end it at WM24 then let him go out in a blaze of glory.

Regarding who should give Flair his last match is hard. Most people would say Triple H but he's on a tangent with Vince. I'd say have, if he ever comes to WWE, Jerry Lynn. That being a long shot, my other sugesstion would be MVP or Morrison for the heel side of things. For a legends match (can Piper still wrestle) or even Rhodes (Dusty :p).

Reaction score
Flair should wrestle whoever is the WHC and win it at WM. He should probably vacate it on Raw the next night (even if hes still on the SD brand), and throw in some twist to make it interesting and say his goodbyes.

Thats just the outline basically. I would actually like to see him win it sometime during the rest of the year, and have him actually get a reign, then lose it at WM to someone who deserves it (maybe CM Punk?), and have a "passing the torch" kind of effect.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
The vacant situation is a great idea and Flair should 'choose' who is in the tournament for it or something like that.

MikeRaw

In a nature boy match where whoeever gets the most leaves wins it should be him vs Nature Boy Buddy Rogers(If hes even alive)

Naw,to be serious I think WM will be his last match and it should be like this:
Batista will be WHC by then and he has A FRIENDLY match against Flair for the belt,just out of repect cause they are buds.Then Flair can win with Figue Four.
Talk about a wrestlemania moment:)
Flair deserves to go out with a bang and this may be questionable,but I think he should have the last match on the card..
PS:If my typing sucked,sorry...Im rushing and also as everyone knows,I have a hard time typing on this keyboard...But im getting a new one tonight:)

imported_Loki

Reaction score
tripple threat flair vs batista vs hhh because he was a big "influence" to the both of im it just seems right

Reinvented

Reaction score
Flair deserves the best at the finish.....But knowing WWE they will give him a mid card match at Mania with Jeff and Matt Hardy vs MVP n Finlay n Carlito......I don't see Ric getting a title run he will just job til the end.....

Reaction score
I think whoever it is should have a good story to it...otherwise it should be an opponent that makes sense and can bring out the best in each other...

Flair vs HHH would be a good one IF HHH stays face and its a respect match...back when HHH and Flair had a match on Raw a few years back it was an amazing match and they could recapture that feeling again...posisbly with Flair winning the gold one more time...

Flair vs Dusty wouldnt be too bad...however dusty hasnt been able to do much and has been feeling some wear and tear....Flair vs Cody could possibly work to give Cody a bit of a rub and still be honorable in passing the torch...plus i think Cody is more liek Flair than his father...

and one final LOOOONG shot i would want to see..

Flair vs Steamboat. Back in the ROH days Steamboat looked to still have some fight left in him. the whole "one last match" thing definately wouldnt be the Iron Man matches they used to have but would still turn heads and possibly be amazing...

My Vote would be for Steamboat...then Trips...and Lastly Cody

Reaction score
I think it should be Flair against someone like CM Punk for the Nature Boy name thing because Flair is too old for it and he should pass it to some one young like Punk.

Reaction score
Ric Flair should get to wrestler who ever the hell he wants at WM24 and the WWE better listen to him.

Flair has done unlimited amount of things for the WWE and for them to make his last match somewhere in the mid card would piss me off! The match should be defiantly for a main title shot and he better win.

I doubt it will be for the WHC because of all the rumors about Edge vs. Taker. Who knows maybe it could be for the WWE championship as he would face of against Triple H.

Anyway his last match should be a memorable one and hopefully it will be talked about for a long time.

Travis40

I doubt it would be a title match...and a major one at that....it's supposed to be Kennedy/HHH at WM for the WWE Title and if Flair has a huge part of WM...I'd be pissed off...I think he should've retired right after WCW ended...but if he did have a title match at WM. I'd say Flair vs whoever the World Champions will be....he wins with the figure four....and then Vince comes out along with the McMahon family and they hug Flair and Flair hands the belt to Vince and walks off...only for the entire locker room and road agents and everyone that worked with Flair come out. They all say their goodbyes so his last appearance would be at WrestleMania