What's Going On?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ahorrig

Reaction score
i guess you're right. But i dont think it is getting as much popularity as when it started. I admit it did transfer Cole into a mega heel. He could be miz's manager, if wwe wants to go in that direction

CMS

Reaction score
Why do people insist on WWE having to do what they want? There's a reason why they havent revealed it. I assure you it's not like WWE has forgotten about it. They just have shift their focus to something else.

Anyhow, the Mercury thing wasn't as big because the WWE never intended it to be big. I'm just shocked Mercury is still under contract.

Doomsday

Reaction score
i guess you're right. But i dont think it is getting as much popularity as when it started. I admit it did transfer Cole into a mega heel. He could be miz's manager, if wwe wants to go in that direction
That's a huge step down in his career.
He's already a commentator and can be heard rambling through out the whole show. Why would he want to cut his air time well over 2/3rds?

ahorrig

Reaction score
That's a huge step down in his career.
He's already a commentator and can be heard rambling through out the whole show. Why would he want to cut his air time well over 2/3rds?

Here is something im sure people can agree on: If cole is a heel announcer he needs to stick by it the whole time, and taunt the faces in all their matches. I do admit Cole is doing alright at it now. WWE are probably waiting to reveal it to be a wrestler who was injured. that would explain the wait. But if cole was gm, he could suddenly reveal himself as the mystery gm, and then help miz somehow.

Airfixx

Reaction score
"If cole is a heel announcer he needs to stick by it the whole time, and taunt the faces in all their matches."

Absolutely... He's gone from being a suck-up to Punk to declaring him a disgrace in the space of a week cos of what he did to Cena. Given the views he airs about the remainder of the roster, why should he still be all over nuts of guys like Cena, Orton & such?

Heel cole = O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D.

...god...

Reaction score
Because he's not a generic babyface or heel commentator. He said it himself. And he never said Punk is a disgrace, he's just confused as to what Punk was doing. And he hates Orton now, and was always pretty indifferent to him.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I just think he needs to stick to one thing or he will be confusing as a commentator. Happy new year.

Veritas

Reaction score
Here is something im sure people can agree on: If cole is a heel announcer he needs to stick by it the whole time, and taunt the faces in all their matches. I do admit Cole is doing alright at it now. WWE are probably waiting to reveal it to be a wrestler who was injured. that would explain the wait. But if cole was gm, he could suddenly reveal himself as the mystery gm, and then help miz somehow.

Why should Cole be the GM? How much sense would it make for Cole to be sending himself emails or for Cole to be praising Miz then punishing him as GM or for Cole to be talking on a mic in the ring one second and, a second later, an email comes through. The GM can't be Cole, look at everything he's done with the GM.

And what's the rush? Doesn't anyone remember what it was like when RAW had an actual GM? They were on just about every other segment of the show, they were almost always a cheap heat heel, and the storylines almost always ran through them instead of around them. Basically, just look at SmackDown! and TNA. There current set-up let's an authority figure make the decisions without clogging up the show. Things are much better this way IMO.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I personally dont want cole to be gm(or HHH) as they are quite obvious. I would love it to be someone no-one thought of.

Axis

Reaction score
I continue to lobby for Mike Adamle.

seX-Power

Reaction score
I never even thought of HHH, that'd be a great choice.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I never even thought of HHH, that'd be a great choice.

A lot of people have said that, but the problem is, a wrestler/gm? it seems weird. I mean, he could fire the champ so he can be it! I dont think a wrestler should have that power. Its like a baseball player being the umpire(had to make the comparison)

CMS

Reaction score
What you just talked about would be the entire selling point of the angle, how unfair it would be having HHH as the GM and still a wrestler. He could set himself up for a title match.

Bad thing is, that works for a heel, and I really have a problem thinking what will HHH have to do to get people to boo him at this point.

seX-Power

Reaction score
I meant HHH as a GM but not a wrestler. If he still wants to be set up in a feud make Michael Cole the Raw consultant to handle decisions regarding him or something.