What was the last movie you watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crash

Reaction score
220px-Return-of-the-living-dead-3-film-poster.jpg

One of the most underrated zombie flicks.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I just finished "Pan's Labyrinth." What an overrated movie. I mean, sheesh. First, it's not what people tell you it is. It is not a fantasy movie. It's two hours of bad war drama with about 20 minutes of fantasy thrown in. After seeing "The Shape of Water," a couple years ago and wondering how this cliche Beauty and the Beast story beat out so many superior films with awards that year and now this, I just don't understand the appeal of Del Toro.

A mess of a movie.

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
I just finished "Pan's Labyrinth." What an overrated movie. I mean, sheesh. First, it's not what people tell you it is. It is not a fantasy movie. It's two hours of bad war drama with about 20 minutes of fantasy thrown in. After seeing "The Shape of Water," a couple years ago and wondering how this cliche Beauty and the Beast story beat out so many superior films with awards that year and now this, I just don't understand the appeal of Del Toro.

A mess of a movie.

He is very overrated, I like his first movie "Cronos" but even that one is not THAT good.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
He is very overrated, I like his first movie "Cronos" but even that one is not THAT good.

His characters are flat and one dimensional as well.

But yeah, the thing about Pan's Labyrinth that annoyed me the most is the way it was advertised. It was the not movie I was led to believe it was supposed to be.

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Crash

Reaction score
His characters are flat and one dimensional as well.

But yeah, the thing about Pan's Labyrinth that annoyed me the most is the way it was advertised. It was the not movie I was led to believe it was supposed to be.

I never watched Pan's Labyrinth to be honest, but I've seen Shape of Water, Cronos, Blade 2 and Hellboy and only Cronos really got my attention out of those

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I never watched Pan's Labyrinth to be honest, but I've seen Shape of Water, Cronos, Blade 2 and Hellboy and only Cronos really got my attention out of those

I expected Pan's Labyrinth to be a fantasy movie where this young girl enters a labyrinth and meets all sort of mystical characters a la Alice in Wonderland. And the only reason I thought that is because that is exactly what the reviews told us it would be. In the 14 years since its release, never once have I heard about it being a war drama.

I would suggest absolutely skipping it.

The Shape of Water was a decent movie, but not a masterpiece. That year, Three Billboards should have won best picture.

In fact, one close friend of mine used to see a movie with me every week. Twice, he apologized for making me watch a bad movie. The second time was the final Matrix movie. The first was Hellboy, which was an awful awful movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
I expected Pan's Labyrinth to be a fantasy movie where this young girl enters a labyrinth and meets all sort of mystical characters a la Alice in Wonderland. And the only reason I thought that is because that is exactly what the reviews told us it would be. In the 14 years since its release, never once have I heard about it being a war drama.

The Shape of Water was a decent movie, but not a masterpiece. That year, Three Billboards should have won best picture.

In fact, one close friend of mine used to see a movie with me every week. Twice, he apologized for making me watch a bad movie. The second time was the final Matrix movie. The first was Hellboy, which was an awful awful movie.
Ever watched Cronos? I think that's his best work, it was also his first movie. I also agree about the third Matrix movie being shit.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Ever watched Cronos? I think that's his best work, it was also his first movie. I also agree about the third Matrix movie being shit.

I haven't seen Cronos and I have been hesitant to see it. Although I can say that Pan's Labyrinth, the Shape of Water, Mimic and other movies I have seen by Del Toro are decent movies, I have yet to see one of his movies that lives up to the hype.

But since you seem to agree with me on Del Toro related things, I will give it a chance.

Crash

Reaction score
I haven't seen Cronos and I have been hesitant to see it. Although I can say that Pan's Labyrinth, the Shape of Water, Mimic and other movies I have seen by Del Toro are decent movies, I have yet to see one of his movies that lives up to the hype.

But since you seem to agree with me on Del Toro related things, I will give it a chance.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's a masterpiece but it is a good movie.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I just finished watching Transformers: The Last Knight. I don't think I've ever bothered to watch these newer Transformers movies. They lost their appeal without Megan Fox. :p

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

David Bowie.... is just...... Very Odd...