What was the last movie you watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Normally I love Tarantino movies, but this one was horrible IMO. Moved super slow, a ton of driving scenes with no point to the story, and speaking of story, I still don't know what the point of the movie was. I thought is was going to chronicle the Charles Manson family murders from a Tarantino point of view, sadly I was mistaken.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
The Corruptor (1999). Nicholaus Chen (Chow Yun-Fat) a cop for the 15th precinct has partnered with a new cop Daniel Wallace (Mark Wahlberg) who's white and a rookie. This doesn't sit well with Chen, who works Chinatown in NYC and there's a gang war between the up-and-coming Fukienese Dragons and the Tong, a gang which is the old guard. Chen is a highly decorated cop but his tips have come from Tong underboss Henry Lee, who tells him about the worst crimes such as a Malaysian pawn shop which is a front for heroin dealing which sells to kids. Wallace isn't the young, naive rookie he claims to be as he's undercover for Internal Affairs, who is building up a case against Chen for his chummy relationship with the Tong.

Daniel Wallace is just doing his job but Chen's partnership with the Tong keeps the peace on the streets. It makes the viewer understand why Chen is breaking the rules. It's better to have Tong as the lesser evil as opposed to their rivals The Fukienese Dragons. Tong engages in vices like gambling and prostitution but they aren't anywhere close to being as reckless as the Fukienese Dragons and their leader Benny Vu, who brutally shot a Tong soldier to death in broad daylight and blew up a restaurant which operated as a Tong front.

Last edited:

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010) Gordon Gekko is finally out after serving eight and a half years in Otis Federal Prison for insider trading. He is estranged from his daughter Winnie (Carrie Mulligan) who blames him for the death of her brother Rudy of a drug overdose. Her boyfriend Jacob (Shia Labeouf) works for Kellers Zabel and he's financially supporting Ocean thermal Energy Conversion, a promising alternative energy. CEO Louis Zabel commits suicide, this is brought upon by the false rumors spread by his rival Bretton James. Jacob now works for Bretton at Churchill Schwartz. Bretton is worse Gordon Gekko and Jacob enlists his help in taking down Bretton. The sequel is a smartly written film.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
In the last 24 hours, I have watched these:

Knives Out. A brilliant comedy take on the classic murder mystery movie. I thought that it was advertised poorly, but when I finally watched it, I was floored. What an awesome film.

The Two Popes. I was shocked at how Anthony Hopkins became Benedict XVI. I mean, I know Hopkins is a brilliant actor but for many scenes in the movie, I thought I was actually watching the Pope Emeritus.

One Upon a Time.. in Hollywood. I was dubious about this before I watched it. Quentin Tarantino is often hit or miss with me. I loved Pulp Fiction and Death Proof. I found Jackie Brown and Kill Bill to be boring as hell. But this movie was awesome. I don't even like Brad Pitt, but I am going to spend this evening hoping he wins Best Supporting Actor for this movie. I give it a PERFECT score. I mean I enjoyed every minute, and the climactic scene was just not expected but awesome.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
In the last 24 hours, I have watched these:

Knives Out. A brilliant comedy take on the classic murder mystery movie. I thought that it was advertised poorly, but when I finally watched it, I was floored. What an awesome film.

The Two Popes. I was shocked at how Anthony Hopkins became Benedict XVI. I mean, I know Hopkins is a brilliant actor but for many scenes in the movie, I thought I was actually watching the Pope Emeritus.

One Upon a Time.. in Hollywood. I was dubious about this before I watched it. Quentin Tarantino is often hit or miss with me. I loved Pulp Fiction and Death Proof. I found Jackie Brown and Kill Bill to be boring as hell. But this movie was awesome. I don't even like Brad Pitt, but I am going to spend this evening hoping he wins Best Supporting Actor for this movie. I give it a PERFECT score. I mean I enjoyed every minute, and the climactic scene was just not expected but awesome.
Knives Out is my second favourite movie of this year. So good. I genuinely hope they atleast give Ana De Armas that best actress in a musical/comedy award tonight. The God damn Donut. XD

Just for anyone wondering:
1. Fighting with My Family
2. Knives Out
3. Zombieland 2
4. Avengers Endgame
5. Joker

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Changing Lanes (2002) Lawyer Gavin Bannick (Ben Affleck) has gotten into a car accident with Doyle Gipson (Samuel L. Jackson) on the FDR. Gavin hands him a blank check and leaves the scene of an accident. Bannick is in a rush to get to court because he has to explain to a judge his law firm Arnell & Delano has the Power of Appointment of William Dunne's $107 million trust fund for poor children for Arts and Music. Bannick pressured the ailing William, who was very old and feeble, to sign the document. Doyle is a recovering alcoholic who bought a house for his two sons to show his ex-wife he's a changed man.

When Gavin left the scene of an accident he forgot the orange file which contains the Power of Appointment. Doyle has it, but given the way Gavin treated him will he give Gavin his file back? There was never a dull moment in the thriller Changing Lanes, as there were ethical quandries which sprang up throughout the movie.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Dolemite-Is-My-Name-1-600x889.jpg

Orson-Clapping.gif

Reactions: Deadmanforever97

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Jobs (2013) Ashton Kutcher is Steve Jobs, the creator of Apple Computer. It tracks his time from dropping out of Reed College to his start-up in his garage with a small group of nerds. A memorable scene is when Jobs recruits technician Rod Holt to create a heat efficient power supply for the Apple II which can't have a fan and can't overheat. Jobs is a perfectionist who verbally chewed his best engineer out in a meeting because he didn't care about the quality of the fonts for the LISA Computer. It tracks his battles with John Sculley, Pepsi CEO whom Jobs hired to market the LISA Computer, to Sculley backstabbing him and ousting Jobs from his own company. Jobs' battle with rival IBM and Bill Gates stealing his MacIntosh design is detailed. Jobs was a visionary who wanted to make the impossible possible. This is Kutcher's best role post-That 70's Show.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deadmanforever97

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
220px-Rocky_Balboa_%282006%29_theatrical_poster.jpg

I love how much he makes this huge comeback.... It a pretty damn inspiring movie.

Also I watched the first one. But just the scene where Apollo Creed beats Rocky.

Also I Wish there were a full blown Apollo movie instead of him dying m

Reactions: Koko B.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
We rented a movie from Redbox that is called Black and Blue. It ended up being a pretty good movie.

1580183965650.jpeg