What is really good about the miz?????

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
i notice i seen some miz fans here. But i wanna know why do people like him??????

he can cut a promo at most times. while other times it is unwatchable!!

his wrestling ability inside the ring is basically mid card/upper mid card level.

i have still yet to see him to wrestle that match that will stick in your brain or that Moment..
(yes his wwe championship could be a moment, But Edge/Punk have done it before and i think Edge MITB Moment will never be topped). He hasn't really had a awesome feud in his WWE stint either.

I guess his tag stint with Morrison was pretty good but at times pretty Brutal!! I feel Morrison was the better one of the 2.

to me he isn't WWE championship material, He needs to be carried in top matches and as i feel Raw could do so much better with someone else as champion at WWE Best time of the year.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Why is everyone saying the Miz is being carried? Someone give some specific cases of Miz being carried...

monkeystyle

Reaction score
It's like Enzo said. Most of these over puffed smarks actually don't have a single clue as to what it means to carry someone.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
If the idea of someone being actually being carried even exists at all. Been questioning that a lot more lately.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Not just that but...

...why would WWE keep ANYONE who needs to be carried anyways? Doesn't matter what level of the promotion you're on... if you need to be carried, you don't belong in the business.

Reaction score
It's like Enzo said. Most of these over puffed smarks actually don't have a single clue as to what it means to carry someone.

well do you think the miz can showcase a top performance without facing the Main eventers of raw trying to make him look good?
His matches with Orton, Mysterio from the past 2 months were pretty average/meh nothing too special from a Wrestler that is holding the #1 Championship within the business!!!

on a side note he needed to have a mini feud with a 61 year old color commentator. (no disrespect to J.Lawler wrestling career he was a solid wrestler in his time).
But if the miz needs to have a feud against him while being champion then you got some problems and people within the company don't believe in you obivously.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
well do you think the miz can showcase a top performance without facing the Main eventers of raw trying to make him look good?
His matches with Orton, Mysterio from the past 2 months were pretty average/meh nothing too special from a Wrestler that is holding the #1 Championship within the business!!!

on a side note he needed to have a mini feud with a 61 year old color commentator. (no disrespect to J.Lawler wrestling career he was a solid wrestler in his time).
But if the miz needs to have a feud against him while being champion then you got some problems and people within the company don't believe in you obivously.

Triple H and Kane BOTH feuded with Jim Ross... JIM ROSS! A MAN WITH 0 WRESTLING EXPERIENCE, ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO LAWLER! The Rock (albeit just on the mic and kicking him in the ass) feuded with a pine-tree green Michael Cole. Bret Hart feuded with Jerry Lawler (even if Lawler was relatively fresh off of his retirement at the time, he was still on commentary for more than a year if I'm recalling correctly)...

..moot point.

Reaction score
Triple H and Kane BOTH feuded with Jim Ross... JIM ROSS! A MAN WITH 0 WRESTLING EXPERIENCE, ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO LAWLER! The Rock (albeit just on the mic and kicking him in the ass) feuded with a pine-tree green Michael Cole. Bret Hart feuded with Jerry Lawler (even if Lawler was relatively fresh off of his retirement at the time, he was still on commentary for more than a year if I'm recalling correctly)...

..moot point.

when did HHH and Kane had a program with Jim ross. all i know is kane burned jr in 2003, hhh lost to jim ross in mid 2000's and use JR as bait for austin in 1999.

when did rock feuded with michael cole???? (the rock has more wrestling ability than the miz will ever have in his entire life, thats coming from a person that wasn't a fan of the rock.)

Jerry lawler was alot better in 93/94 than 2010. there is a huge differences mate. plus King/Bret Hart feud is pby Jerry Lawler best WWE feud!!!

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Yes, Kane and Triple H both attacked Ross.

Triple H and Chyna had a match with Austin and Jim Ross at one point as well though... and that was the result of Triple H calling out Jim Ross...

...here, we're talking about a big-mouthed, can't shut the Hell up Jerry Lawler who challenged Miz and had the GM accept on Miz's behalf... so Miz HAD to have the match...

estazor

Reaction score
Miz has improved leaps and bounds since he debuted in the WWE. On top of that he gets a huge reaction from the crowd and honestly I feel he deserves it. He's improving week after week and it's a great way to build the WWE for a new generation.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Carry: When someone with no skills, no heat, or no experience (Miz) gets in there with someone who does (Cena). Who brought out the best in who? Please tell me Miz was able to get a good match out of Cena, Cena the man who made the great khali and sheamus look like passable workers for once in their careers.

Miz can't bring anything out of anyone because, as I contend, he's not ready yet.

Reaction score
Carry: When someone with no skills, no heat, or no experience (Miz) gets in there with someone who does (Cena). Who brought out the best in who? Please tell me Miz was able to get a good match out of Cena, Cena the man who made the great khali and sheamus look like passable workers for once in their careers.

Miz can't bring anything out of anyone because, as I contend, he's not ready yet.

trying to rep you, but i am not allowed. but this post is 100% right

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

trying to rep you, but i am not allowed. but this post is 100% right

http://forum.impactwrestling.com/sh...From-Yesterday&p=621774&viewfull=1#post621774

Really!?

REALLY!?

1chiban

Reaction score
i notice i seen some miz fans here. But i wanna know why do people like him??????

he can cut a promo at most times. while other times it is unwatchable!!

his wrestling ability inside the ring is basically mid card/upper mid card level.

i have still yet to see him to wrestle that match that will stick in your brain or that Moment..
(yes his wwe championship could be a moment, But Edge/Punk have done it before and i think Edge MITB Moment will never be topped). He hasn't really had a awesome feud in his WWE stint either.

I guess his tag stint with Morrison was pretty good but at times pretty Brutal!! I feel Morrison was the better one of the 2.

to me he isn't WWE championship material, He needs to be carried in top matches and as i feel Raw could do so much better with someone else as champion at WWE Best time of the year.

Here's my opinion on your comments:

Miz can cut a better promo than most main eventers of the past few years. He's far better than Cena and far better than people like Batista. One could argue that both of them have been 'carried' to their best matches which have been against established pros like HBK and Undertaker. He does slip over his words relatively regularly, but that doesn't hinder his promos as they're delivered with passion. Granted, he's no CM Punk on the mic, but then who is at the moment?! However, he has delivered some brilliant promos recently - the thing with the magazine cover and Daniel Bryan stands out, as does the ghosts of Christmas which, although a little silly on the surface, was actually very good imo. I don't think Miz has delivered a 'bad' promo for a long time,something which cannot be said for other main-event level guys.

Secondly, he doesn't set the world alight in the ring, no, but I would say he's "better" (maybe not in terms of move set etc. but in terms of selling and general match interest) than a number of other people who have been given a run with the belt outside of the top 4 or 5 guys. He's probably better in the ring than people like Cena and Orton as well, so I think you may be selling him a little short. Plus, Miz is the cowardly heel. He doesn't need to be amazing in the ring, just do a good job of being the conniving, cheating heel who scrapes through by the skin of his teeth every time.

Overall, it's nice to see a guy who is a true fan of the industry,who has clawed his way to the top and who has completely confounded my - and countless others' - opinion that he wasn't very good. The truth is, he has developed into a very good heel who deserves to be where he is. I'm more interested in this title reign than many others of recent years, and think it can build towards 'Mania really well where he'll probably lose to Cena and we'll have the Hulk Hogan-esque ending all the kids want,which I honestly wouldn't mind as long as the match isn't half bad. And on the Morrison thing - Morrison is more innovative in the ring,yes, but he can't talk for toffee which will hold him back. To be honest, Miz reminds me of Jericho (not just because of the ring gear!) in the way that he plays his character
brilliantly.

EDIT: And Cena didn't get good matches out of Khali - they were awful if I recall. Secondly, Sheamus isn't THAT bad so probably deserves some credit for the decent matches he had with Cena, as does Cena himself who has improved too.