What is really good about the miz?????

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Reaction score
To be honest Cena in the ring is a lot better than The Miz. He can pull out a good match with just about anyone (he was doomed with Khali), even guys like Umaga and Batista who aren't known to be great in-ring he put on great matches with.

Comparing Cena to the Miz on the mic is a lot closer, they both haven't really displayed a lot of range recently. The Miz has arrogant down pretty nicely and so does Cena with his laid-back then suddenly intense routine, but there hasn't been a whole lot of variety there recently, as you would see with Punk and Jericho. I get that it's their gimmicks and they both play them almost perfectly but for one to be better than the other they would have to show more variety on the stick.

1chiban

Reaction score
Umaga was an underrated worker imo.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Definitely, but I doubt he carried Cena that night.

1chiban

Reaction score
Oh no, I agree. Cena isn't as bad in the ring as some people think and has got progressively better.

Reaction score
I think you're all missing the point of this, the 'PG Era' of Vince McMahon's WWE. NO ONE puts on a great in-ring performance on a nightly basis anymore, NO ONE! The days of Chris Benoit, Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Shawn Michaels, guys like that, are long gone and they aren't coming back anytime soon. The aspect of being able to play your character and make the people believe THAT is far more important in today's WWE than the ability to put on a solid "wrestling match". So from that standpoint, Miz isn't doing all that horrible of a job. Who on Raw has more heat right now? Yes CM Punk joining Nexus, but that's just a few weeks in the making right now. And Sheamus? Sheamus has already had his feuds with Cena and Orton throughout the latter stages of 2009, and relatively all of 2010. So it's time for someone else. Personally they probably should have left Edge to be the top heel on Raw and had Miz cash in his MITB on Smackdown and be the top heel there, as they are in DIRE need of a top heel, but it isn't that bad the way it is playing out right now either. For the first time in a few years, I really don't know what's going to happen between now and Wrestlemania. In several past years it was pretty apparent around the time of the Royal Rumble who was going to be in the Main Events at Mania. This year....no freakin clue. Like I have ideas, but that's all they are at this point. And it's clear WWE is giving a massive push to it's "youth movement". Miz, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan(ugh), Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntrye, Cody Rhodes, Alberto del Rio...they're all being built to take over the company in the next 5 years. With the losses of HBK, and sooner rather than later Edge, Taker, Kane, and Triple H they need to build these guys now for them to be established and credible with the fans come 2013, 2014, 2015. Mysterio, Orton, Punk, and Cena can not carry it themselves once those other 4 HOF'ers are gone. And yes Kane IS a HOF'er. 2-time World Champ, multiple time tag champ, involved in probably the longest running, most well thought out storyline in WWE history with his "brother" the Undertaker. So don't even start about that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want to argue that the Miz is boring in the ring....well so is Randy Orton. So is John Cena. So is just about EVERYONE! With the exception of a couple Dolph Ziggler/Daniel Bryan matches there hasn't been one....NOT ONE....great wrestling match on television or pay-per-view in several months.

1chiban

Reaction score
Yeah, Sheamus is actually decent. Not mindblowing, but better than some!

seX-Power

Reaction score
Randy Orton is really boring in the ring though. And out of the ring, and anywhere else.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I think you're all missing the point of this, the 'PG Era' of Vince McMahon's WWE. NO ONE puts on a great in-ring performance on a nightly basis anymore, NO ONE! The days of Chris Benoit, Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Shawn Michaels, guys like that, are long gone and they aren't coming back anytime soon. The aspect of being able to play your character and make the people believe THAT is far more important in today's WWE than the ability to put on a solid "wrestling match". So from that standpoint, Miz isn't doing all that horrible of a job. Who on Raw has more heat right now? Yes CM Punk joining Nexus, but that's just a few weeks in the making right now. And Sheamus? Sheamus has already had his feuds with Cena and Orton throughout the latter stages of 2009, and relatively all of 2010. So it's time for someone else. Personally they probably should have left Edge to be the top heel on Raw and had Miz cash in his MITB on Smackdown and be the top heel there, as they are in DIRE need of a top heel, but it isn't that bad the way it is playing out right now either. For the first time in a few years, I really don't know what's going to happen between now and Wrestlemania. In several past years it was pretty apparent around the time of the Royal Rumble who was going to be in the Main Events at Mania. This year....no freakin clue. Like I have ideas, but that's all they are at this point. And it's clear WWE is giving a massive push to it's "youth movement". Miz, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan(ugh), Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntrye, Cody Rhodes, Alberto del Rio...they're all being built to take over the company in the next 5 years. With the losses of HBK, and sooner rather than later Edge, Taker, Kane, and Triple H they need to build these guys now for them to be established and credible with the fans come 2013, 2014, 2015. Mysterio, Orton, Punk, and Cena can not carry it themselves once those other 4 HOF'ers are gone. And yes Kane IS a HOF'er. 2-time World Champ, multiple time tag champ, involved in probably the longest running, most well thought out storyline in WWE history with his "brother" the Undertaker. So don't even start about that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want to argue that the Miz is boring in the ring....well so is Randy Orton. So is John Cena. So is just about EVERYONE! With the exception of a couple Dolph Ziggler/Daniel Bryan matches there hasn't been one....NOT ONE....great wrestling match on television or pay-per-view in several months.

CM Punk, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Christian, Chris Jericho, Edge, John Cena; all of these guys have either a) put on great matches with each other or b) dragged a great match out of someone who can't hold their jock. **cough**Miz**cough**

Reaction score
Yeah, Sheamus is actually decent. Not mindblowing, but better than some!

He's beyond decent, he's the best young talent they have not named Punk and has made people believe that John Morrison is the second coming of HBK. Although I can easily see the parallels between Sheamus/Morrison and Rock/HHH. But....Sheamus has a unique look, is more than solid in the ring and is a good talker. Once he has his tenure and he gets a Triple H type heel push, he will be the 1.A or 1.B as the company's top heel next to Miz. Punk is going to turn many a times before his WWE days are over.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Yeah I dont see why people dislike sheamus, he's a bigman who is great in ring unlike henry, khali and many others but to go with it he's great on the mic and draws heat, what more could you ask for?

I have watched Miz from when he first came to the WWE and looking at him from then to now he has obviously improved greatly and awhile ago he was underated because people refused to like him because they remembered how crap he was when he first started, but now he has to be one of the most overated wrestlers going around. Yes he has improved, yes hes much more entertaining but when you are comparing him to the likes of the rock and chris jericho then something is really wrong with you. The Miz will never be as talented as they were/are, he won't bring in as many viewers as they did and create as much hype as they would so to compare him with the likes of them is crazy. I'll admit Miz has had some pretty good matches lately with Cena, Orton and those guys but I'd love to see Miz have a good match with wrestlers from the lower card and have people say how good the match was because the only reason his matches have been so good is because of the hype from the M/E wrestler he is facing imo.

And to whoever said Smackdown needs a good main event heel, Alberto Del Rio is your answer.

noumenon

Reaction score
Holy shit, another thread about this?
The guy has skyrocketed above and beyond every other talent they've tried to push over the past two years on his own work ethic and drive. Guys like Sheamus and Barrett (who are great in their own right, don't get me wrong) who were supposed to be the next big things were bypassed and leaped over by the Miz. I'm not sure Miz's major push was ever really planned out, I think it was simply undeniable. The guys was cutting some of the best promos in the company and generating some of the best heat, just sort of Vickie Guerrero. He's done a great job with everything that's been given to him and really comes across as a true main event champion even with the short time he's held the belt. Even more so then dare I say....CM Punk? Don't get me wrong, I love Punk but his first few reigns were disastrous (yeah, I know it's because he was face... but whatever.)

Reaction score
[video=youtube;MJGohBXa7I4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJGohBXa7I4[/video]

Love JBL announcing on him.

if wwe ever got JBL back, it should be for announcing.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I miss JBL, that video made me laugh. But honestly, I dont dig him being champion and all.. theres honestly nothing special about him, other than he gets heat like crazy.

Reaction score
I miss JBL, that video made me laugh. But honestly, I dont dig him being champion and all.. theres honestly nothing special about him, other than he gets heat like crazy.

his heat could turn into "xpac heat"