What If Reigns Dominated Lesnar The Way Brock Dominated Cena?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Man, they could've had so many glorious HHH reigns in these last few years. To this day I cannot believe they did not put the belt on Hunter (or should I say he didn't put the belt on himself) at TLC, I mean, srsly. Hunter should've made that a triple threat at the last minute, won the belt, and then dropped to Bryan at WM. That would've been soooo much better than what we got.

Amen.

But, it is what it is now.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Man, they could've had so many glorious HHH reigns in these last few years. To this day I cannot believe they did not put the belt on Hunter (or should I say he didn't put the belt on himself) at TLC, I mean, srsly. Hunter should've made that a triple threat at the last minute, won the belt, and then dropped to Bryan at WM. That would've been soooo much better than what we got.
Possibly, but Daniel Bryan was put over with far more efficiency by wrestling HHH.... and then defeating Batista and Orton later that night.
Had HHH won the belt at TLC, Bryan would have had to overcome lesser odds than what we were treated.

Also, by TLC, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Batista was set to win the Rumble and the WWEWHC shortly thereafter.
I'm not sure WWE saw any point in having HHH put Batista over at Wrestlemania in 2014.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Possibly, but Daniel Bryan was put over with far more efficiency by wrestling HHH.... and then defeating Batista and Orton later that night.
Had HHH won the belt at TLC, Bryan would have had to overcome lesser odds than what we were treated.

Also, by TLC, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Batista was set to win the Rumble and the WWEWHC shortly thereafter.
I'm not sure WWE saw any point in having HHH put Batista over at Wrestlemania in 2014.
Well, sure. If they had Batista in mind for anything it would make no sense, but if they had it in their minds that DB was going over at WM, I think this would've made for a more entertaining build up. But you do have a point on the odds.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Well, sure. If they had Batista in mind for anything it would make no sense, but if they had it in their minds that DB was going over at WM, I think this would've made for a more entertaining build up. But you do have a point on the odds.
Don't be confused. I've campaigned that HHH should be holding the championship right now.
HHH is a special attraction who drew in his heyday. Defending the championship once a month wouldn't be a problem for him at all.
Ironically enough, I was one of the few who wanted a Punk/HHH match at Wrestlemania.... had it been a triple threat for the championship with DB, then all the better.

I haven't been on board with Lesnar at all. He's been rewarded for being a coward when he's nothing but a broken down horse past its due date.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Don't be confused. I've campaigned that HHH should be holding the championship right now.
HHH is a special attraction who drew in his heyday. Defending the championship once a month wouldn't be a problem for him at all.
Ironically enough, I was one of the few who wanted a Punk/HHH match at Wrestlemania.... had it been a triple threat for the championship with DB, then all the better.

I haven't been on board with Lesnar at all. He's been rewarded for being a coward when he's nothing but a broken down horse past its due date.

Bork is awesome, don't let BLFFL hear you. :brock:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score

I think Lesnar is a great talent at this point. I'm not on board with him taking all this time off, but if it wasn't for that (or at least if he didn't miss SO much time) it'd be an improvement. I am alwars on board with champ HHH, though.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Lesnar is a great talent, period. He was born with amazing physical gifts.
He isn't MMA material anymore, yet WWE won't hesitate to make it seem like he still is.
I can't hate, it's brilliant marketing.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I was really hammering this idea the entire time. The story was always DB being held down by HHH... why the fuck did Orton and Batista need to be around? The MOTN was (and was always going to be) HHH vs DB. That should have main evented. It would have been so much cooler... HHH with his sweet ass entrance but with the belt? Coming down to main event? Instead we had that dank ass match open the show and the rest of the night was forgettable, including a snoozefest clusterfuck of a bore ass main event.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He isn't MMA material anymore, yet WWE won't hesitate to make it seem like he still is.
If Brock is healthy he is easily a top 5 HW in the world for MMA.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I was really hammering this idea the entire time. The story was always DB being held down by HHH... why the fuck did Orton and Batista need to be around? The MOTN was (and was always going to be) HHH vs DB. That should have main evented. It would have been so much cooler... HHH with his sweet ass entrance but with the belt? Coming down to main event? Instead we had that dank ass match open the show and the rest of the night was forgettable, including a snoozefest clusterfuck of a bore ass main event.
Yeah, absolutely. I just can't believe that Vince/HHH actually thought Batista/Orton was going to be a better match for the belt.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Your signature glows in the dark, but on point, why isn't he mma quality? You seeing something i'm not?

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
If Brock is healthy he is easily a top 5 HW in the world for MMA.

I would agree. My premise was contingent on the fact that I don't believe Brock is healthy as he could be. Then again, who is?
He may be a top 5 heavyweight as you contend, but does that mean a whole lot?
I'm not trying to be a d*ck or anything but I just can't imagine anybody being delighted with that number in that division in that sport.

If you told me he was a top 5 pound-for-pound that would tell another story. His best MMA days are behind him but on any given night he could easily grab the brass ring.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Your signature glows in the dark, but on point, why isn't he mma quality? You seeing something i'm not?
I just believe his game has been figured out. He's gotten older, the injuries are there and he hasn't fought in some time.
Fighting is a funny game. He could pop a cat on any given night.
With younger cats getting in, studying his tape and knowing his injury history Lesnar is a beatdown waiting to happen.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just believe his game has been figured out. He's gotten older, the injuries are there and he hasn't fought in some time.
Fighting is a funny game. He could pop a cat on any given night.
With younger cats getting in, studying his tape and knowing his injury history Lesnar is a beatdown waiting to happen.
I definitely don't think he was "figured out", he was sick dude. Now diverticulitis is 5,6 years in the rearview.

You don't just "figure out" how to stop a 290 lb HW Div. 1 NCAA Champion from power doubling you onto your ass.

as for arguing if top 5 matters, how about this? He would be the #1 draw and likely make 1 million in base salary for every fight? And anyway, yea, being top 5 in your weight class is pretty impressive considering there are thousands of fighters in thousands of orgs across the world. Being behind only JDS, Cain, Werdum and maybe a couple of other dudes is impressive. Another draw to MMA is competition. Brock is a natural competitor and you don't really get true competition in the WWE

I'm not saying it is likely, but just know that Dana White and Brock have a great relationship, have been in talks and the UFC would KILL to get him back. So the possibility is real, even if 2-3 years ago I didn't believe it.