What If Reigns Dominated Lesnar The Way Brock Dominated Cena?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
My only question would be how would Rollins fit in if Reigns beat Bork and went heel? Rollins is heel for at least the better part of the next year.
Very good question. If the fans turned Reigns heel, as I predict, in this scenario one of two scenarios would occur:
a) Reigns would become an even bigger heel, turned by the fans and supported by Paul Heyman. As sudden and unlikely as this may seem, if the male demographic turns Reigns heel at WM then adding Paul Heyman would make him a bigger asset than if he were a face.
b) Reigns would, in effect, replace Brock Lesnar. Rollins had no problem attempting to cash in on Lesnar before, did he?

If Reigns is turned heel, it opens the door for Dean Ambrose to take him down.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Very good question. If the fans turned Reigns heel, as I predict, in this scenario one of two scenarios would occur:
a) Reigns would become an even bigger heel, turned by the fans and supported by Paul Heyman. As sudden and unlikely as this may seem, if the male demographic turns Reigns heel at WM then adding Paul Heyman would make him a bigger asset than if he were a face.
b) Reigns would, in effect, replace Brock Lesnar. Rollins had no problem attempting to cash in on Lesnar before, did he?

If Reigns is turned heel, it opens the door for Dean Ambrose to take him down.

That's a good, plausible point.

Can't say I wouldn't love it if either Ambrose or Rollins took Reigns down.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
That's a good, plausible point.

Can't say I wouldn't love it if either Ambrose or Rollins took Reigns down.
Actually Rollins wouldn't.
I liken this to the Batista/Orton situation from 2004 (the difference being the heel/face dynamic: the heel dynamic is far easier to play off).
Rollins is chosen as the heel incumbent, but it would be Reigns stealing Rollins, fire so to speak.
It would be a happy accident that WWE would be forced to milk.
Somewhere toward June's expiration date, Rollins would attempt to cash and fail. By then, he'd have drawn enough sympathy from the crowd to begin a face turn.

My argument states that if Reigns did turn heel, he'd be given Heyman and a fairly long reign. Whomever is most over well into Reigns' reign would take hs a** down.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Actually Rollins wouldn't.
I liken this to the Batista/Orton situation from 2004 (the difference being the heel/face dynamic: the heel dynamic is far easier to play off).
Rollins is chosen as the heel incumbent, but it would be Reigns stealing Rollins, fire so to speak.
It would be a happy accident that WWE would be forced to milk.
Somewhere toward June's expiration date, Rollins would attempt to cash and fail. By then, he'd have drawn enough sympathy from the crowd to begin a face turn.

My argument states that if Reigns did turn heel, he'd be given Heyman and a fairly long reign. Whomever is most over well into Reigns' reign would take hs a** down.

Well, if/when Reigns' heel turn comes to play and Heyman (possibly) joining him, they'd better make him look credible and badass, although it's gonna be hard, knowing that he's got a limited personality and not so great in-ring ability. Not shitting on Reigns, but he does need some versatility in his personality and in-ring work. If he's indeed their 'golden boy', though nothing's been set in stone yet, then they should invest in him with everything they've got.

I would absolutely hate it if Rollins' MITB cash in wasn't successful. Doesn't matter who the champ would be during the cash in, but it needs to happen.
I've said this before and I'll say it again, it'd be so awesome if they let Seth cash in on the future champ at WM31 (Reigns, quite possibly). But I doubt that's gonna happen.

Best case scenario, WWE somehow manages to pull their heads outta their asses and decides to push the much more talented Ambrose (Rollins is outta that picture, since Rollins will be remaining heel for the next 8-10 months, give or take.) We'll see what happens in the end...

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'd say Lesnar just says fuck this and throws the belt right at whoever is in charge at the time and vacates the title on his own.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'd say Lesnar just says fuck this and throws the belt right at whoever is in charge at the time and vacates the title on his own.

Not likely, bro. He's getting paid for basically doing nothing, he isn't just gonna say 'Fuck this' 'cause it gets him a shitload of dough. He ain't stupid.

Although, I'd love it if HHH had the WWE-WHC one more time. I mean, I always thought they should've just given the titles to HHH from the get-go when Bryan got injured. But, oh well...

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Whether Roman Reigns has great in-ring ability or not (so early in his career) isn't imperative.
Heyman would be his mouthpiece and being a heel doesn't require a huge leap in personality.
Reigns has enough going for him to be a main event player.
Like Randy Orton and Kevin Nash, Roman Reigns may need to ease into headlining by being a heel first.

The majority of great legends worked as a heel on their own. Reigns experience has a heel was extremely limiting in scope.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Whether Roman Reigns has great in-ring ability or not (so early in his career) isn't imperative.
Heyman would be his mouthpiece and being a heel doesn't require a huge leap in personality.
Reigns has enough going for him to be a main event player.
Like Randy Orton and Kevin Nash, Roman Reigns may need to ease into headlining by being a heel first.

The majority of great legends worked as a heel on their own. Reigns experience has a heel was extremely limiting in scope.

Exactly, he's a young gun, he's not really experienced enough (yet) and he should be able to develop more as time passes by. I mean, he's a freakin' Samoan, it's in his blood and his bloodline ain't no joke.

I'd like to see how Reigns does as a heel on his own, him being a heel when he was in The Shield may've been a factor of him being limited.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't think Reigns has what it takes to be a good heel, though. I get the feeling all the heat he would be getting would be a "go away" kind of heat

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I don't think Reigns has what it takes to be a good heel, though. I get the feeling all the heat he would be getting would be a "go away" kind of heat

We'll never really know that till it actually happens.

Well, we've been wanting Cena to go away for quite a while, yet he's still here. lol

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
We'll never really know that till it actually happens.

Well, we've been wanting Cena to go away for quite a while, yet he's still here. lol

Cena does have a shitload of little fans to buy his merchandise. He also does charity stuff. I feel like the hate going on a heel reigns would be bad just bad.

I could be wrong, like you said. But there is no way a boring heel is good for business:bury:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Cena does have a shitload of little fans to buy his merchandise. He also does charity stuff. I feel like the hate going on a heel reigns would be bad just bad.

I could be wrong, like you said. But there is no way a boring heel is good for business:bury:

Yeah, exactly. If Reigns is indeed their golden boy, then they need to invest in him as much as they can.

Personally, I'm not big on Reigns. He's got some more developing to do, so someday, he may grow on me... I just prefer Ambrose and Rollins, so much more.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Lesnar getting rekt would just be terrible. plz no.

There should be no domination, just Lesnar kicking the #1 contender's ass for a couple of minutes before he makes a mistake, babyface rises up, equal contest, finishers, epic victory for face who then becomes a superstar. Needs to be a feel good moment for everyone - but unfortunately WWE failed to book another face in the event that Bryan's injured and Reigns just isn't ready (cough Cesaro cough) and Lesnar's done fuck all since he rekt Cena, so he's not the big bad dominator, he's just that guy who rekt people a couple of months ago.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
If Reigns was to dominate. They missed the damn boat, should've been a Goldberg winning streak.!!!

Without that he is buggered! Nowt going for him cept women want him.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Not likely, bro. He's getting paid for basically doing nothing, he isn't just gonna say 'Fuck this' 'cause it gets him a shitload of dough. He ain't stupid.

Although, I'd love it if HHH had the WWE-WHC one more time. I mean, I always thought they should've just given the titles to HHH from the get-go when Bryan got injured. But, oh well...
Man, they could've had so many glorious HHH reigns in these last few years. To this day I cannot believe they did not put the belt on Hunter (or should I say he didn't put the belt on himself) at TLC, I mean, srsly. Hunter should've made that a triple threat at the last minute, won the belt, and then dropped to Bryan at WM. That would've been soooo much better than what we got.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler