What If Reigns Dominated Lesnar The Way Brock Dominated Cena?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Assuming Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble and goes on to defeat Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania XXXI, what if their match was booked like the Brock/Cena affair at Summerslam, only in reverse? Instead of Brock being the one to dominate the match and then win after suffering very little offense from his opponent, it's Reigns who dominates Brock and takes at least 70% of the match for himself before putting Lesnar down? It would make it look like Reigns is a whole new different kind of animal since his return at the Rumble than before and would also be bringing things full circle from Brock's dominance at Summerslam where he won the championship.

I'm not really advocating that this happen (although I posted this erratic opinion on another forum as a serious reply just to see what responses I would get out of it), just imagining the possibility.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that happening, I don't think they'd do that to the guy who conquered Taker's streak.
Plus, Reigns doesn't deserve that, he isn't credible enough.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
This sounds terrible lol. Brock should never look that weak, plus how do you build up anyone to seem like any sort of threat to Reigns? "Super Reigns" is all anyone would talk (read: bitch) about.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I believe what you're suggesting would ultimately turn Roman Reigns heel.
If calculated correctly (or arrogantly, whichever you pick), Reigns would win the Rumble, blow through his 'Fast Lane opponent, only to destroy Lesnar.
It's far-fetched, but I could easily see Paul Heyman take Reigns on as his client and move from there.

There are a lot of Lesnar fans out there. If Reigns destroyed Lesnar, they would smell the bullsh*t and possibly sh*t on the event right then and there.
It's a stretch, but if Reigns' booking (prior to Mania) is too cookie cutter the fans will turn him heel. Unlike Cena, Reigns isn't fan friendly enough to overcome that.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I believe what you're suggesting would ultimately turn Roman Reigns heel.
If calculated correctly (or arrogantly, whichever you pick), Reigns would win the Rumble, blow through his 'Fast Lane opponent, only to destroy Lesnar.
It's far-fetched, but I could easily see Paul Heyman take Reigns on as his client and move from there.

There are a lot of Lesnar fans out there. If Reigns destroyed Lesnar, they would smell the bullsh*t and possibly sh*t on the event right then and there.
It's a stretch, but if Reigns' booking (prior to Mania) is too cookie cutter the fans will turn him heel. Unlike Cena, Reigns isn't fan friendly enough to overcome that.

There's just no way of Roman conquering The Beast, the way Lesnar did to Cena at SummerSlam. Not shitting on Reigns, but he isn't credible enough to just tear through the one behind twenty one and one.

If by some miracle WWE manages to pull their heads outta their asses, and let Reigns switch from babyface to heel from time to time, then... I can see Heyman working with Reigns.

We'll see if Reigns wins the Rumble, though, I'm still pulling for the push of the much more talented Ambrose and the return of D-Bry.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
There's just no way of Roman conquering The Beast, the way Lesnar did to Cena at SummerSlam. Not shitting on Reigns, but he isn't credible enough to just tear through the one behind twenty one and one.

If by some miracle WWE manages to pull their heads outta their asses, and let Reigns switch from babyface to heel from time to time, then... I can see Heyman working with Reigns.

We'll see if Reigns wins the Rumble, though, I'm still pulling for the push of the much more talented Ambrose and the return of D-Bry.
Honestly, nobody has credibility in their 1st go around.
The whole point of the match is to give Reigns credibility.
Reigns isn't terribly charismatic, nor does he appear to have the upside of selling huge loads of merchandise. Those are his issues from my perspective.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't think that would go over very well. Plus, there's no need to diminish Lesnar like that, he can still be used later to build other guys... really don't think there's much upside.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Honestly, nobody has credibility in their 1st go around.
The whole point of the match is to give Reigns credibility.
Reigns isn't terribly charismatic, nor does he appear to have the upside of selling huge loads of merchandise. Those are his issues from my perspective.

Yeah, I agree. That was kinda the point of my previous post.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that the Daniel Bryan smilie is so outdated that the figure still has a buzzcut and a goatee.

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I'd say that me and my friend, Mark, would boycott the WWE but I don't think that would last long. I would definitely complain about it online though.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'd say that me and my friend, Mark, would boycott the WWE but I don't think that would last long. I would definitely complain about it online though.

On a lighter note... Will you please get your ass over to the Countdown Conundrum thread?

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
My only question would be how would Rollins fit in if Reigns beat Bork and went heel? Rollins is heel for at least the better part of the next year.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
My only question would be how would Rollins fit in if Reigns beat Bork and went heel? Rollins is heel for at least the better part of the next year.

I don't think Reigns will be going heel any time soon. As a matter of fact, I think Reigns and Rollins will switch around the same time, Rollins will go babyface and Reigns heel (let's say around June/July next year, at earliest convenience).