• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Do You Think Of Ric Flair??? Think He Should Retire??? Post Here

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Never said he doesn't HAVE charisma and mic skills, i'm saying that the skills in question are matched by a hell of a lot of people, and they have actual wrestling ability, unlike Flair who in his steel cage match tonight did a couple of punches, one kick, one leglock, and about a hundred chops over and over. I get that he was booked to get beat down in this match but, dear sweet crap, even in the three seconds he had per offensive he could have done something, ANYTHING besides more damn chops. But no. And yet people knock Cena for having a limited moveset.

It doesn't matter how he won, the fact is that by that point in the match Flair made Triple H scream like he had his dice in a vice, from (let's not sugarcoat it with a fancy name) SLAPS. If Flair truely loved the wrestling industry and WWE, he wouldn't be degrading the product by going out there at his age and appearance just to slap people into overselling. He'd know that his time already came at the turn of the century, and while his being there is a nice treat for anyone who was alive to see and remember what he did in the 80's, it makes the world ridicule professional wrestling more than Britney Spears.

Stop thinking about what Flair has done and actually LOOK AT FLAIR. This is a man who has no business being in a wrestling ring, PERIOD. If you weren't so absorbed in who he was 20 years ago, you'd get that.

RKOrton.

Reaction score
Well, I like Flair... but he's had a good run in the business and I think his time is up in the ring. I'm hoping he stays around as a manager or something after he loses a match...

HHHforever

Reaction score
Never said he doesn't HAVE charisma and mic skills, i'm saying that the skills in question are matched by a hell of a lot of people, and have actual wrestling ability, unlike Flair who in his steel cage match tonight did a couple of punches, one kick, one leglock, and about a hundred chops over and over. I get that he was booked to get beat down in this match but, dear sweet crap, even in the three seconds he had per offensive he could have done something, ANYTHING besides more damn chops. But no. And yet people knock Cena for having a limited moveset.

It doesn't matter how he won, the fact is that by that point in the match Flair made Triple H scream like he had his dice in a vice, from (let's not sugarcoat it with a fancy name) SLAPS. If Flair truely loved the wrestling industry and WWE, he wouldn't be degrading the product by going out there at his age and appearance just to slap people into overselling. He'd know that his time already came at the turn of the century, and while his being there is a nice treat for anyone who was alive to see and remember what he did in the 80's, it makes the world ridicule professional wrestling more than Britney Spears.

Stop thinking about what Flair has done and actually LOOK AT FLAIR. This is a man who has no business being in a wrestling ring, PERIOD. If you weren't so absorbed in who he was 20 years ago, you'd get that.

Let me KNIFE EDGE CHOP you and see how your chest feels after I do that. Do not degrade that by calling it a slap, it's far from it. Quite honestly I've always felt that the knife edge chop is one of the more realistic moves in the WWE because you can actually see and hear the contact. As far as the HHH match goes he didn't just "slap" HHH to death. He put the figure 4 on him for a while, he may have punched him in the balls(I can't remember), and he he worked over his knee for like 5 minutes. Trust me I'm not saying that Flair is the best in-ring performer in the WWE right now, he's far from it. Do I think he should retire? Absolutely, as much as I like him his time to come and he knows that(I still hope he stays on as an announcer or GM). All that being siad the guy is a 16 time World Champion, one of the best Professional Wrestlers of all time and if he wants one last Wrestlemania, one last night in the sun, one last little 4 month tour than I have absolutely no problem with it. I saw Flair-Khali from the 4th row over the summer, it was probably one of the single worst mathces I've ever seen in my life. But I was absolutely thrileld that I could say that I saw Ric Flair live and gave him a high-five after the dark match was over. That's what this whole thing has been about, allowing these towns to see Flair one last time and trust me they appreciate. He's not out there devaluing the product by any means, I seriously think that your the only person that thinks that. He understands that his in-ring days are over and that's why he's retiring, if he wants one last tour then I say he's earned it more than anyone else in the business.

xImpulsive

Reaction score
I think he should, he is old, his moveset is like a punch, chop, figure four leg lock, him getting squashed, and like yea thats it. He would be a good General Manager, Regular Manager, Commentator, or any other on screen role then wrestling. Naitch is out of gas

4RealVivaLaRaza

Reaction score
Flair can put on a better match than some of the younger guys. With that said, at least for a full time schedule, I don't think he should continue wrestling. The man deserves a break for a while. When it comes to occasional appearances and a match here and there like Hogan, Foley, Piper, ect, I'm all for it.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Well I wouldn't go that far. Flair loves the business and I'd be shocked if after he retires from actual wrestling if he doesn't either become a manager, GM, or announcer. He would excell at all of those roles and look foward to see him doing other things outside of actually performing in the ring.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
^Well I wouldn't go that far. Flair loves the business and I'd be shocked if after he retires from actual wrestling if he doesn't either become a manager, GM, or announcer. He would excell at all of those roles and look foward to see him doing other things outside of actually performing in the ring.

True i liked when he was coowner with vince maybe we could have something like that again.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Id love flair to come and manage one of the up and coming stars like umaga Kennedy or MVP that would be cool. IMO he has still got a lot to offer in the WWE even if he ain't in the ring wrestling he could help up and coming wrestlers gain credibility to go over with the fans.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Id love flair to come and manage one of the up and coming stars like umaga Kennedy or MVP that would be cool. IMO he has still got a lot to offer in the WWE even if he ain't in the ring wrestling he could help up and coming wrestlers gain credibility to go over with the fans.

He kind of did that when he was in evolution he dident wrestle to much.

WFS2008

Reaction score
Ric is the last of his kind to be an active wrestler. Yes he shouldve retired years ago (I remember talk of his match with Vader being his last match when I was like 13) but because of his accomplishments and legend status he commands respect. When he does retire I will miss him a lot but honestly other than putting guys over he doesnt have what it takes anymore. His match with Vince 2 weeks ago was so embarrasingly bad because you could see him sucking wind every other minute. A lot of people hate on Flair because of his age and he needs to put that to rest by admitting he is finished and riding off into the sunset. I am hoping the match at Mania will cement his legend status as the greatest of showmen and that they will give him a good allotment of time to prove why he is the measuring stick for all others in the industry.

Wrestling Station

ric flair is 59 years old. I think he should retire as an active wrestler and just be as a manager for a heel wrestler for example. That will be the best thing for him and for us to not miss him on TV.