• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Do You Think Of Ric Flair??? Think He Should Retire??? Post Here

HHHforever

Flair should become GM of a brand or a manager or even an announcer after his in-ring days are over. I'd be shocked if he didn't do something because he's been doing it for so long I can't just see him completely staying out of the WWE the rest of his life.

The Rated R CMStar

I will not talk about Flair's talent as you can't judge someone's overall skills when they are on their lasts, and not on their prime, and since I didn't watch Flair on his prime, I will not go there.

But, I do understand Flair's greatness to the business, and even though I wouldn't want to see Ric as champ, I would want him to win his last match and retire on his own terms, not retiring by losing to HBK.

And Small show, the hardcore match with Mick Foley wasn't a change of image, it was like the second scenario of their rivalry, and it was about Flair fighting in Mick's specialty, just as Mick did at Vengeance before

I'm a big Flair fan, and I've seen some of his work back in the day, and he was very, very good. I don't think Flair should've retired a while ago, I guess he loves wrestling enough to still be going at his age. Like Monkey said, he needs 1 last run with the belt, or him just retiring as champ, like Trish Stratus. If HHH has the decency to have Flair run with the belt, it'll be great. But I really don't want Flair's title record to be broken, I would be really pissed if it did.

kingovkings

I love flair he is the shit and after wm24 whether he wins or loses it will probs be his last in ring wrestling performance sadly :( but i hope he still kicks around now n again doing the odd thing promos or commentating or reffing or anything IL miss him coz he is a legend :)

CT Styles

I think HBK should make him retire or atleast have HBK wrestle him in his last match or maybe an Evolution Fatal 4 Way, that would be a good way for HHH to have his heel turn, by defeating Ric Flair and then Evo can beat him up in the ring, then HBK makes the save and takes out Evo so Flair can have a good walk out rather then being beat up. Just a scenario idea..

Grummy

Definitely not.

Flair is the kind of Wrestler Vince needs to keep around to help make the newer stars. He has such talent and knowledge of the insdustry that green wrestlers need somone like him to learn from. Similar vein to Terry Funk who loved to make new guys, and what Foley does year in year out. I don't see Falir taking losses year in year out for other people, but he still has too much to offer to just be left to retire.

Ric Flair is probably one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, and I'm glad he's getting Hall of Fame recognition for it.

But the cherry on the top of the cake would definitely be another run, and hopefully he can have that last run.

Wooo!

Techniq

It's obvious he's getting quite old however I'd love it if he stuck around... I'm definitely 10x a bigger fan of these older guys than the new era.

Evil Austin

He is the dirtiest player in the game he is the best but his time is over and he should just go home he had a very very good LONG LONG run at the top but let new people come and have a go at glory like kennedy or MVP or hardy or a few others but really he is and always will be the best but he should go home or at least become some manager for some body like how he used to manage HHH in evolution ? or some new heel comer he can manage but i say his wrestling and title days are long gone....

Tsaalyo Phoenix

He should have retired ten years ago. At his age, appearance, fitness, and level of talent he has absolutely no place in a wrestling ring, nevermind actually BEATING anybody, by ANY means.

HHHforever

^I thought we've gone over this like 30,000 times. Actually wrestling ability is not the reason why Flair is still able to go on. You continue to confuse MMA/High school/College wrestling with professional wrestling. The reason why Falir is still great and has been great for a very long time is that he is exellent on the mic and has some of the best in-ring psychology. You may think that Flair is out of shape, but I guarentee you at his age he's in better shape than you are now and I'll kill to be in as good of shape as Flair is in when I'm his age.

Also saying that Flair should have retired 10 years ago might the most obsurd thing you've ever said on this forum, and that's saying a lot. Yet again everytime I think you can't post anything more idiotic than your last post you continue to prove me.

Edit: Flair shouldn't be able to beat anyone? Really, so he should be losing to Funaki, DH Smith, and pretty much every jobber in the WWE? That is a foolish statement to say the least.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Yes, he's so talented he can turn his face beet red after 30 seconds of talking. He can imitate EXACTLY what it sounds like to speak with a clothespin on your tongue. Move over, sound effects guy from Police Academy, Ric Flair tops you in mimicking funny sounds.

In short, don't give me this "Flair has so much charisma!" BS. A superstar who can match his mic skills is not that hard to come by, and come with a healthy side of actual wrestling ability. A guy like Ric Flair hurting a guy like Triple H, let alone actually BEATING him, by ANY means? No wonder professional wrestling is mocked to high hell by pretty much everyone except us.

HHHforever

^Well the only reason that Flair beat HHH was because Regal came out and got HHH DQ'd. So your telling me that Flair has no charisma? Is that why an hour before a show everyone in the stadium is yelling WHOOOOO, whether Flair is in the building or not? Is that why when someone in TNA does a knife edge even the blueberry TNA fans yell WHOOOOO? I mean shit the guy has so much charisma and is so over that he got the crowd to boo a face HHH in their match. How can you even pretend to know the first fucking thing about wrestling if you don't think that Ric Flair doesn't have charisma or mic skills? The guy is seriously one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time, your just to stupid to see that. Also you get your kicks out of bitching about anything that happens in the WWE so you like to complain about him.