What disposition is Roman Reigns?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
So what he's said fewer words? Just means even Vince knows he's shit on the mic.
The Roman Reigns character has had a nice run but it needs to be changed. He's being built as a replacement for Cena yet he's being pushed more than Cena at the same point of his carrer. Cena changed his character before being the leader of the Cenation.
To make Roman more interesting put him in a program with Cena where he attacks him and shit. No one can get more love than Cena accept legends of the industry and The Rock so it'll be a perfect way to create a new look Roman.

Why does he need to change if the character he plays is working? WWE is Romans yard now. He ended The Undertaker. I hope next week him and Cena set up their match. Which will be the highlight of SummerSlam. Because that's what Roman is, he is the highlight of the night on pretty much any card.

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
Ok so facts about Roman being the most over full time performer that WWE has right now doesn't qualify as balanced discussion? No one even comes close to the reaction Roman gets from an audience, positive or negative. You all are brainwashed for hating on him for literally no reason other than to just bandwagon on the hate train cuz u consider urself too cool to appreciate a guy that Vince McMahon wants to push because he knows it best for business...hes only been doing this shit about 40 years. Vince pushing Roman like Cena is what I hear all the time...and now look at Cena. Dudes potentially gonna be the next big Hollywood Star. Just like The Rock, who Vince pushed cuz he knows from a business stand point is MONEY. just like he knows Roman IS MONEY.
Dude, walk away. I literally said why I hate him. I've highlighted flaws within his character and also strengths within his character. I've highlighted how to fix them. That's balanced with both sides of the argument. All you're doing is shoving an opinion down our throats. I don't mind if that's what you do as long as you acknowledge a wrestlers weak points.
Talking about reactions to wrestlers how about Samoa Joe. Shinsuke Nakamura and Bobby Roode. They all get monster reactions, better than Roman Reigns.

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
Why does he need to change if the character he plays is working? WWE is Romans yard now. He ended The Undertaker. I hope next week him and Cena set up their match. Which will be the highlight of SummerSlam. Because that's what Roman is, he is the highlight of the night on pretty much any card.
Because it's not working. No WWE is not his yard. It's Vince's yard, with Roman only being pushed because WWE created him, he is the answer to Goldberg 20 years too late.
No Brock Leaner ended the undertaker. Roman just had the last match against him. Cena is returning on July 4th, due to back stage politics I'm sure you're unable to cope with I doubt Cena will change his come back date. Roman isn't always the highlight of every show he happens to put decent matches on. I'll let you know closer to the time if he will be the highlight just from looking at the card.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Dude, walk away. I literally said why I hate him. I've highlighted flaws within his character and also strengths within his character. I've highlighted how to fix them. That's balanced with both sides of the argument. All you're doing is shoving an opinion down our throats. I don't mind if that's what you do as long as you acknowledge a wrestlers weak points.
Talking about reactions to wrestlers how about Samoa Joe. Shinsuke Nakamura and Bobby Roode. They all get monster reactions, better than Roman Reigns.

Haha u wanna talk about Mic skills and bring Shinsuke Nakamura in the discussion. Oh my my...

And I've been very factual with my argument. I've given data on merch sales, YouTube views, and Google search trends. U just don't see the bigger picture when it comes to profits in the wrestling business.

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
Haha u wanna talk about Mic skills and bring Shinsuke Nakamura in the discussion. Oh my my...

And I've been very factual with my argument. I've given data on merch sales, YouTube views, and Google search trends. U just don't see the bigger picture when it comes to profits in the wrestling business.
I see profits. And last time I checked Shinsuke doesn't speak amazing English yet his characters good enough to not need him to talk.

The facts side of things just shows there's a reaction to Roman which means mothing.

Just because you're putting facts in doesn't mean you're being a help.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I see profits. And last time I checked Shinsuke doesn't speak amazing English yet his characters good enough to not need him to talk.

The facts side of things just shows there's a reaction to Roman which means mothing.

Just because you're putting facts in doesn't mean you're being a help.

Roman Reigns is a former football player. He is a naturally talented athlete. He comes from a genetically gifted bloodline of professional wrestlers. He's got the god given looks of a wrestler. And you know what else? Everyone always has the most respectful and positive things to say about Reigns that works in WWE and backstage. He is not like Austin, Hogan, Cena, HBK etc who always pushed their weight around politically backstage to get over. He is a humble and hard worker who everyone respects backstage

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
People just like to hate on Roman for literally no reason. He goes out every night and bust his ass to entertain everyone and his match is ALWAYS the highlight of the show, whether the smarks like to admit it or not. Everyone is still just salty that he won the 2015 Royal Rumble and Daniel Bryan didn't. Lol it's like get over it, seriously...

No, it's not for no reason. I have always agreed that he doesn't deserve the hate he gets, but it's not true to say it's for no reason. And it didn't start with Daniel Bryan. It started when he won that Superstar of the Year Slammy despite being out of action for 6 months. That's the first time he really started getting booed. Because people began thinking it was set up when they are told Slammies are based upon voting.

The hate towards Roman has little to do with Roman himself. It has to do with the way WWE pushed him. Almost everyone I have talked to has confirmed that they don't hate Reigns. They hate the way he was pushed. It was too quick and obvious. Rather than have him work up to the title by winning a mid card title, they let him bypass all of that and put him straight at the top. They also gave him bad lines to read.

Now lately, I've been enjoying Roman more. He's not reading stupid lines. He's not talking a lot. He repeats his catch phrases, which are fine. But Roman now talks more with his body language than his mouth. And it WORKS for him. A quiet and defiant character is working for him. And I am beginning to actually like what they are doing with him. He's not a tweener. He's a face, but he is treated like a heel. And he is defiant throughout it. The character, I believe, is growing and advancing the correct way.,

I still have a couple issues with Roman. I don't like the vest, the superman punch, the cocking his wrist or the roar before the spear. But his matches have been better and his character is a little more unpredictable and interesting. I think what they are doing with him now is good and I look forward to more of it.

But I do not agree that people hated him for literally no reason. You cannot tell other people what they think. Just because you like him, doesn't mean that people who don't like him don't have a reason for not liking him. People have reasons, you just don't agree with those reasons.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
No, it's not for no reason. I have always agreed that he doesn't deserve the hate he gets, but it's not true to say it's for no reason. And it didn't start with Daniel Bryan. It started when he won that Superstar of the Year Slammy despite being out of action for 6 months. That's the first time he really started getting booed. Because people began thinking it was set up when they are told Slammies are based upon voting.

The hate towards Roman has little to do with Roman himself. It has to do with the way WWE pushed him. Almost everyone I have talked to has confirmed that they don't hate Reigns. They hate the way he was pushed. It was too quick and obvious. Rather than have him work up to the title by winning a mid card title, they let him bypass all of that and put him straight at the top. They also gave him bad lines to read.

Now lately, I've been enjoying Roman more. He's not reading stupid lines. He's not talking a lot. He repeats his catch phrases, which are fine. But Roman now talks more with his body language than his mouth. And it WORKS for him. A quiet and defiant character is working for him. And I am beginning to actually like what they are doing with him. He's not a tweener. He's a face, but he is treated like a heel. And he is defiant throughout it. The character, I believe, is growing and advancing the correct way.,

I still have a couple issues with Roman. I don't like the vest, the superman punch, the cocking his wrist or the roar before the spear. But his matches have been better and his character is a little more unpredictable and interesting. I think what they are doing with him now is good and I look forward to more of it.

But I do not agree that people hated him for literally no reason. You cannot tell other people what they think. Just because you like him, doesn't mean that people who don't like him don't have a reason for not liking him. People have reasons, you just don't agree with those reasons.

Ok well let me re-word that. People hate Roman for no reason that actually has to do anything with him. I'm not saying that's everyone, but for the most part, it is. People just hate him cuz he is who gets pushed and been invested in.

Which goes back to Daniel Bryan. Cuz ever since Daniel Bryan had his big push where he overcame the odds of WWE not wanting to push him, the majority of fans feel like they are obligated to complain there way into getting the underdogs pushed into the top spot. When in reality, it's not good for business, and Vince McMahon sees that and knows what's good for business in the grand scheme of things

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Ok well let me re-word that. People hate Roman for no reason that actually has to do anything with him. I'm not saying that's everyone, but for the most part, it is. People just hate him cuz he is who gets pushed and been invested in.

Which goes back to Daniel Bryan. Cuz ever since Daniel Bryan had his big push where he overcame the odds of WWE not wanting to push him, the majority of fans feel like they are obligated to complain there way into getting the underdogs pushed into the top spot. When in reality, it's not good for business, and Vince McMahon sees that and knows what's good for business in the grand scheme of things

I agree with your first paragraph absolutely. You are right. Roman does a few things that annoy me, but that doesn't make me dislike him. In fact, I've been dying for a Roman/Brock rematch for years. In fact, I watch that match over and over again. But yeah, the hate is unfair because it's more about WWE than him IMO.

The second paragraph we could debate but I don't really want to. I'm happier when I agree with a person :)

Reactions: Mr. Roman Empire

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin

As a human being there is no wrestler I personally have an issue with but when you're watching wrestling especially wwe you're watching entertainment something that is put on and based on characters therefore they're written and you have to hate the character and the creator if there is an issue behind it. Most fans don't know any creative guys myself included.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
As a human being there is no wrestler I personally have an issue with but when you're watching wrestling especially wwe you're watching entertainment something that is put on and based on characters therefore they're written and you have to hate the character and the creator if there is an issue behind it. Most fans don't know any creative guys myself included.

Once you're older you will understand the greatness of Roman Reigns. That's why @Jacob Fox has finally been coming around

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
Once you're older you will understand the greatness of Roman Reigns. That's why @Jacob Fox has finally been coming around
Older? No. I watch the product and I admit his matches have been better recently. A big reason of me never liking Roman will now be down to you. You wanna be a fucking cunt then be my guest. But as soon as you direct that towards me, you can go fucking do one.
I'm simply saying his Mic work is still apauling and your throwing all this bull shit about him being gods gift to professional wrestling how numbers don't lie. If the numbers come from WWE I refuse to believe them. If you're telling me the same argument and can't even tell me something new then it's suggesting I have a point. Where I can correct your logic with three points and potentially offer a solution to Roman's character. I'm all for a big powerful bad guy. However now Samoa Joe is here Roman isn't that guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Roman Empire

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Older? No. I watch the product and I admit his matches have been better recently. A big reason of me never liking Roman will now be down to you. You wanna be a fucking **** then be my guest. But as soon as you direct that towards me, you can go fucking do one.
I'm simply saying his Mic work is still apauling and your throwing all this bull shit about him being gods gift to professional wrestling how numbers don't lie. If the numbers come from WWE I refuse to believe them. If you're telling me the same argument and can't even tell me something new then it's suggesting I have a point. Where I can correct your logic with three points and potentially offer a solution to Roman's character. I'm all for a big powerful bad guy. However now Samoa Joe is here Roman isn't that guy.

Whoa there guy, Roman Reigns is a 3 time World heavy weight champion, US champion, tag team champion, 2015 royal rumble winner, 2014 Slammy superstar of the year. He holds the record for most royal rumble eliminations in one match and most eliminations in a Traditional Survivor Series match. In 2015 he held a win-lose record of 187-19 And in 2016 it was 142-12. He also retired the Undertaker and was apart of one of the greatest stables of this generation. Also headlined 3 wrestlemania, just 1 shy of a tie with Hulk Hogan.

Don't be bringing that Samoa Joe nonsense over here. I don't care what kind of BS statistics from TNA u think are valid. LOL

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
19143733_1377886855628856_1683810551754327418_o.jpg