• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Don't really know too much old ECW history... I remember Dreamer saying on the 'Rise & Fall' DVD that he was pissed cos he knew he only got the belt to start with cos Raven was off to WCW. I also remember him getting attacked in the clip they showed.... So that actally resulted in Dreamer losing the belt on the same night?

Close.

Mike Awesome left for WCW, so Heyman had Awesome drop the ECW title to Taz (At this time under WWE employ), who later lost the belt to Dreamer. Justin Credible then challenged Dreamer immediately after winning the belt which Dreamer accepted and then lost.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
That'd be shitty. Dreamer said he would retire only if he didnt get the belt by (the date he said) can't remember the exact month. But if he did retire with the belt, I think it would be sweet to see some kind of tournament, plus it would be a "going away" gift to him for all the people he's put over.

I personally like Dreamer, and I think he deserves the belt. The belt's prestige is a little low, but I think he'd add a little more respect to it.

Also, I think it's BS that Credable won the belt in such a way. Dreamer had the the whole "Respect" thing going when he beat Taz, only to be shitted on moments after he won it.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Also, I think it's BS that Credable won the belt in such a way. Dreamer had the the whole "Respect" thing going when he beat Taz, only to be shitted on moments after he won it.

According to Dreamer himself in a direct quote from the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD he didn't care about the title: "I was actually pissed off. I wanted to go my entire ECW career without winning titles. The only reason I won titles is because guys left."

So I doubt he saw it as him being shitted on.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Which could lead me to believe that Dreamer (if he is to win the title, which I am not yet convinced of yet) could win the belt, and proceed to lose it at ONS one day after he would've retired anyway.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
There are too many factors to take into consideration here.

Does Vince still want him?

Does he even still want to be there?

Has he saved up enough cash to effectively retire and not have to worry?

Too tough to truly call. If I had to make a guess I'd say he sticks around in some sort of position as a road agent.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Does Vince still want him?
I think Dreamer and Shane are really good friends. I don't know, but I would expect Vince to like him. Im sure they could work something out.. But who knows if Vince wants him

Does he even still want to be there?
I'd say so, since all the other Originals left. I think he likes the New ECW, but there's really no proof.

Has he saved up enough cash to effectively retire and not have to worry?
Being an employee with the WWE, i'd think so. But who knows, its his life/Money but if I were to guess, Id say he's probably got some money saved up.

Im saying he stays, maybe as a booker, maybe as an agent. He could do some things in FCW like training, etc.

CT Styles

I saw the segment today and I started thinking while watching it. I think that he'll be unsuccessful with the chase and since his contract expires the day before One Night Stand they have a farewell celebration for him on it.