We can make TNA a better show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

Reaction score
This isn't another thread to bash TNA's booking. There have been jus about enough of that already. This is jus a thread where I hope to hear several suggestions about the rest of the show that can make it better.

1. If an entrance is botched, redo it. It's a taped show for crying out loud.

2. What's the point of cutting a hole in the cage when the cameraman still shoots outside the cage. They should just install a few cameras at the corner of the cage and have cameraman shoot from outside.

3. The camera hanging from above the arena should just pan left and right. Don't spin it like a roller coaster ride.

4. How the hell do you run out of time before your scheduled ending? You're a taped show for crying out loud. If your show is running behind time, tell your wrestlers for the main event to cut it shorter. Duh! Don't force us to watch Reaction.

5. How does showing them warming up before their entrance music hit add anything to the show? We get it. They need to stretch.

RobyD

Reaction score
I can agree with all of them, especially number one, except number four. I don't think they are unintentionally running too long, they are using it as a way to get people to watch ReAction. I mean, in terms of kayfabe, you can't guys to wrap it up, they are in the middle of a contest.

nation

Reaction score
What the hell is it with all of the Russo hate? I mean no shit the man has had some terrible ideas but this is the guy who played a major role in creating and advancing the attitude era. If it wasn't for Russo, Vince would probably not own WCW. This is the guy who ended the incredible rating streak that WCW had and then went to WCW and brought their ratings back up. Later on he left and when he came back he brought them back up. He's done some things right in TNA and some things not right. It's been acknowledged that not every idea in TNA came through Russo. It wasn't until around July of 2009 that he became the head writer. Now is this also the guy that had the biggest part in the downfall of WCW? Yes but its the same guy who saved the WWF and greatly increased the ratings for WCW when he was hired and returned. To act like he is the worst writer in the world and that all of TNA's mistakes is a result of him is bullshit.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yes and no. In WWF at the time he had a filter who would stop his stupid ideas before they started. As you have seen, in WCW and TNA he has had no such thing and is incapable of looking at his own work objectively. And that is the worst trap a writer can fall into, believing your own hype.

Reaction score
I can agree with all of them, especially number one, except number four. I don't think they are unintentionally running too long, they are using it as a way to get people to watch ReAction. I mean, in terms of kayfabe, you can't guys to wrap it up, they are in the middle of a contest.

That's all well and good, except some countries don't even get ReAction. If TNA want to focus on being a global brand, then surely they should make sure everyone around the globe who is watching can actually see a conclusion to the main event.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
4. How the hell do you run out of time before your scheduled ending? You're a taped show for crying out loud. If your show is running behind time, tell your wrestlers for the main event to cut it shorter. Duh! Don't force us to watch Reaction.

They want people to tune into ReAction. They hope everyone watching iMPACT! will go straight to ReAction to see the finish. Most people do. Their smart and know how to get people to tune into it atleast for a little while. After the match ends they show basically what else they'll be showing and hope people will go "oh this doesn't look that bad, ill watch."

Axis

Reaction score
1. Book a good show.

Reaction score

They want people to tune into ReAction. They hope everyone watching iMPACT! will go straight to ReAction to see the finish. Most people do. Their smart and know how to get people to tune into it atleast for a little while. After the match ends they show basically what else they'll be showing and hope people will go "oh this doesn't look that bad, ill watch."

I don't see why you'd answer something that has already been answered, yet not address points that have been brought up on that issue since. Seriously, what's the point? Are you shooting for another DVD?

jacksionreo

Reaction score
I think TNA is already better, i like it very much and There are something present to improve with TNA but it is very well now also as i think.
I am sure we can make TNA more better than this.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Oh, I dunno, I find TNA much more un-betterer.

Veritas

Reaction score
What the hell is it with all of the Russo hate? I mean no shit the man has had some terrible ideas but this is the guy who played a major role in creating and advancing the attitude era. If it wasn't for Russo, Vince would probably not own WCW. This is the guy who ended the incredible rating streak that WCW had and then went to WCW and brought their ratings back up. Later on he left and when he came back he brought them back up. He's done some things right in TNA and some things not right. It's been acknowledged that not every idea in TNA came through Russo. It wasn't until around July of 2009 that he became the head writer. Now is this also the guy that had the biggest part in the downfall of WCW? Yes but its the same guy who saved the WWF and greatly increased the ratings for WCW when he was hired and returned. To act like he is the worst writer in the world and that all of TNA's mistakes is a result of him is bullshit.​

Russo may not have officially taken the title of Head of Creative until mid-2009 but his fingerprints were all over the product from the time he returned to TNA in 2006. During Russo's 2 years away from TNA booking, when Scott D'Amore was in charge, the product vastly improved IMO. The X-Division was treated as a legit alternative to the main event scene, not just filler. It was even during his run that the X-Division main evented a PPV over the World title with Joe, Daniels, and Styles. Within months of Russo returning to the company the X-Division went from something to nothing with angles designed to make the division look like a joke. Who could forget the limbo, poker, and musical chairs games that were part of the PCS? Or the Jackass skits which included Lethal giving Petey Williams exlax to beat him in a match, Sabin wrestling a blowup doll, and Johnny Devine taking a shopping cart ride into a post?

When referring to Russo's "genius" people always want to bring up how he was the man behind the Attitude Era but, here we are, over a decade later and he hasn't even come close to producing even half of that success. Ever. The Austin/McMahon program was spearheaded by Austin and McMahon. The Rock was a project of Pat Patterson and Jim Ross. DX's stuff was mostly the creation of Michaels and Triple H. Russo may have wrote some of these guy's lines but the vast majority of their successes can be attributed to themselves. When you realize the 3 most successful acts in the company at the time had little to do with Russo, the idea that he's some creative genius who's revolutionized the wrestling business and actually deserves the spot he's held for so long becomes laughable.

Look at it this way - if Russo was as great as some seem to believe he is, would Vince have hired him and fired him within the course of a week after WCW went down and before TNA became an idea? I don't think so. If he had any kind of value he'd have held a spot in the then expanding WWE.

Axis

Reaction score
Russo is awful, but let's not pretend that there aren't other clowns in the back. Dutch Mantel is an fool, and Dixie Carter is a horrible businesswoman. I will again take this opportunity to point out their road agents: Brother Love, D'Lo Brown, Al Snow, Shark Boy, and fucking Simon Diamond. D'Lo is above average, but that is it. These guys could not work good matches themselves, and TNA expects them to map out good matches for others.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Russo is part of the problem, but he's not the start and end of everything horrible. Lots of things, from production, to advertising to the matches themselves have to change if they want to stay competative. WWE have the best men everywhere, from the production truck to cameramen.