We can make TNA a better show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

Reaction score
The top of the chain is Dixie Carter. Shifting the bulk of responsibility away from her ignores the source of the problem, which is that an ignoramus is attempting to run a multi-million dollar firm.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^That would mean AJ Styles would be hitting the road on his next birthday. Bad Idea. I'd say if there was really an age that TNA wanted to start firing people off, it would be around the age of 40 for on-screen talents. Or atleast give them the option of becoming managers/backstage workers/commentators.

Axis

Reaction score
^That would mean AJ Styles would be hitting the road on his next birthday. Bad Idea. I'd say if there was really an age that TNA wanted to start firing people off, it would be around the age of 40 for on-screen talents. Or atleast give them the option of becoming managers/backstage workers/commentators.

No. He stated to cut everybody that is 35 and up right now, not fire everybody when they turn 35. There is a fundamental difference. His idea would be to weed out the older names and to allow the younger names (like Styles, Roode, Pope, and Storm) to grow into stronger characters so that by the time they're 35-40, they will be attractive characters that we haven't seen since the early 90's.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Ok... even if it was only people that are 35 and up right now, that would be a bad idea. Losing names like Angle, Sting, Hardy (is he 35 yet?), Jarrett (Just because he's the founder), and Hogan would only be bad because TNA needs names like that to get people to tune in..... Granted TNA could lose a few names like Raven, Richards, Rhino, Foley, and maybe even Bischoff though...

Axis

Reaction score
No, Jeff Hardy is not 35. Sting is on his way out anyway. Jarrett hasn't been used properly since like 2006. They only valuable worker they would lose is Kurt Angle. And if getting rid of Kurt Angle also means getting rid of Rhino, Team 3D, Tommy Dreamer, Abyss, Foley, Flair, Raven, RVD, and Sabu, then it is worth it.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Getting a rid of Abyss and RVD would be a bad idea. The others, meh. Also as you previously said, Kurt Angle would be bad to lose. And I think they should keep Jarrett because he's the founder, no other reason really.

Reaction score
Ok... even if it was only people that are 35 and up right now, that would be a bad idea. Losing names like Angle, Sting, Hardy (is he 35 yet?), Jarrett (Just because he's the founder), and Hogan would only be bad because TNA needs names like that to get people to tune in..... Granted TNA could lose a few names like Raven, Richards, Rhino, Foley, and maybe even Bischoff though...

No they don't. What they need is a consistent product that the audience knows they'll be entertained by should they tune in. If these guys really brought ratings, then I'm interested why we never saw a ratings spike when Sting or Angle arrived? Granted, Jeff and Hogan did because they're much more popular with the casual viewer at this time, but if they were putting on a consistently good product they would have been able to build new names and had higher ratings then they're currently getting anyway. Your logic proves you're the type of person TNA tries to cater to - idiots.

NinoBrown

Reaction score

You don't need names for a product to be good. If the product is good, then a product is good and TNA right now (haven't sat through an episode in months but I've read what's going on) is not good. Save your money, cut the old timers and make some changes backstage. If TNA can use their money properly then maybe they can make an impact. I don't even see them advertise anymore, on their own damn channel!

imported_Adam

Reaction score
They need some names to draw the older wrestling fan crowd. People who grew up watching Hogan aren't going to tune in for some guys they've never heard of like Joe or AJ.... They wanna see Hogan.. Flair... and Jarrett.... and so forth.

Veritas

Reaction score
I'm sorry Adam, my mind is a little hazy, remind me again of what happened when WCW used your logic of "the older guys HAVE to be on the show."

imported_Adam

Reaction score
WCW signed more then TNA has and paid them to basically go on a year long vacation... Everyone who's an older wrestler that TNA signs in an-onscreen role doesn't get to do that. As a matter of a fact, Jimmy Hart is the only one doing that atm besides Sting and Angle who are taking time off to feed storylines. And Jimmy is most likely on a pay-per-appearance contract so he's not being paid anyways.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
They need some names to draw the older wrestling fan crowd. People who grew up watching Hogan aren't going to tune in for some guys they've never heard of like Joe or AJ.... They wanna see Hogan.. Flair... and Jarrett.... and so forth.

You mean those old men who can't even go through an entire match without slowing down the pace yet alone keep their own lifes straight? Those old men who are in their 50's besides Jarrett? Those same old men who are known for being control freaks and love putting their hands on the writing screwing up the product for those other younger wrestlers? Oh yeah sure I'd love to see them.

Pavitar

Reaction score
One thing that I definitely think should be done is cleaning up the Fourtune stable. It's currently a complete mess and there's just too much going on to digest. As a plus though, TNA has started to fix it starting from the last TNA Impact episode.

Reaction score
You wanna fix TNA? Ok I can do that in three simple steps

1. Establish someone as "the man" much the way John Cena is the top star in WWE. TNA needs somebody that they can build the company around. And not some out of shape 40+ year old has been. It needs to be somebody young like AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. But important thing is it has to be somebody who is identified as a "TNA Star" and not just "Former WWE/WCW/ECW star turned TNA star". And not only do you need to establish somebody as the number 1 guy in the promotion but you have to be careful not to fuck him over by booking him poorly. I mean just look at how Matt Morgan has been booked recently. Here's a guy who just turned babyface and is supposed to be the next challenger to the World title yet he loses clean to Jeff Jarrett? Also he's spent the better part of the past half year being a jobber and we're supposed to buy him as a title threat?

2. Get rid of all the old talent that aren't truly there to either A) Give the young talent a proper rub (Pat Patterson put your pants back on) and help get them over even more in the eyes of fans or B) help promote the show and the product through promotional appearances. There is a place for veteran talent on the show but the focus should truly be on the young talent because they're the ones that are gonna be leading the company in 5 to 10 years (if they even make it that far and unless WWE fires somebody else and TNA puts their current young talent on the back burner to push the latest WWE castoff). And when the veterans are on their way out of the company they need to put a young talent over clean.

3. PROMOTE PROMOTE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE PROMOTE PROMOTE AND ADVERTISE. That's the biggest problem facing TNA aside from the booking and the writing. When the number supposed number two promotion in the company is only capable of drawing 500 fans to house shows something is not right. Also when the Pay Per Views are drawing less than 10,000 buys it means the TV show isn't doing it's main job and despite what Hogan and Bischoff think a TV shows job is not to get high ratings. A wrestling TV show's job has and forever will be to get people to buy the pay per views. Ratings are secondary. If you get a million plus people to watch the TV show but less than 1 percent of them are buying the pay per view you've accomplished nothing. In this day and age when WWE, TNA, UFC, Dragon Gate/ROH (which are I-PPV but still counts) and other ways to spend money wrestling companies have to work harder to get people to say they'd rather spend money on this product rather than that product.