Watching NXT from the start (2012 - ???)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Champion: EL IDOLO!
NXT World Tag Team Champions: SAnitY
NXT Woman's Champion: Ember Moon
United Kingdom Champion: Pete Dunne

NXT Episode 279
December 20th, 2017
Full Sail University: Orlando, Florida

NXT World Tag Team Championships: SAnitY vs. The Undisputed Era
UE try tp frustrate Dain early with leg kicks and strikes but quickly run tot he ropes or tag out before Dain can give a recipe. They sucker Dain into tagging EY in, as he's the weaker link so once they survive the EY run on offense. Fish kicks EY's knees out from under him on the apron, and they can isolate him. Good control on the UE part, double teams, cutting the ring off, they don't really stick to a body part. Just attack either the mid-section, arm or the knee both parts that hit hard when EY hit the apron. Dain has a fun hot tag, they're still building him up so he does all his wrecking ball offense and it's a good time. He drops Kyle with a nasty spike Michinoku driver onto Fish for two, but he makes the mistake of tagging EY back in. Fish takes Dain out, and as EY goes for the elbow off the top. Cole comes out and crotches EY leading to Kyle hitting the kick/elbow combo for two. CROSS RUNS FROM THE CROWD AND ATTACKS COLE. But refs come out and pull her off and bring her to the back, as Cole remains at ringside. On the floor, Dain tries to attack Cole but Cole shoves him into the apron taking him out, EY then makes the mistake of taking out Cole with a dive. But when he rolls back in UE hit TOTAL ELIMINATION FOR THE WIN! **1/2

In the parking lot, Shakes and Weights find Tino's whip, the short fight one tries to move it with his hands. But Moss and Tino come out and say if they work hard they can to have a car like this, not this exact one maybe the downgraded one but one day. Pork and weights. Otis snaps and they do the guy, chip, friend back and forth bit but as soon as Otis challenges them to a match team NFLosers bail in the car and drive off.

Earlier this week at the PC, Sonya challenges Ember to a title match next week.

Recap of Black/Cole last week airs.

Qualifying Match: Lars Sullivan vs. Roderick Strong
Roddy takes to Roddy approach to start the match, that's hit hard and hit often but LARS MURKS HIM WITH A LARIAT TO PUT A STOP TO ALL OF THAT. Good Lars control, he works the lower back and kidneys, this is one of Roddy's better performances in his time here, he busts out all the big match roddy bumping and selling, he really goes above and beyond to make Larz look like a monster. Roddy's comeback fuckin rules, he goes to the aerial strikes and even does this awesome thing that I've never seen him do, and that ties Lars leg up in the ropes and hit a bunch of running forearms to the back and front of the head softening him up. He then follows up with a superplex off the top. BUT LARS KICKS OUT AT ONE! Roddy is in shock and follows up with the Angle slam for another two. But Lars comes back with Goldberg's popup powerslam and follows up with the freak accident for the win. I fucking love 2017 NXT. **3/4

Next Week: Black/Dain/Gargano/Lars - #1 Contenders match.

Backstage: Christy asks Tyler what's going through his mind with his title match up next, Tyler says this thing between he and Dunne has been almost a year now. And tonight he takes back what's his.

United Kingdom Championship: Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne
As soon as the bell rings, Dunne goes into his finger and joint manipulation, but Bate's seen this before and counters it. They get into a good back and forth mat and counter wrestling exchange, lots of British style counters and it ruled. I miss high-level mat wrestling to start a match, we never get it anymore and guys are not really good at it now anyway. Dunne is such a good antagonist dick, so he keeps taking these cheap shots, as he just tries to frustrate Bate, but Bate's been through this before so he doesn't completely fall for the tricks. So, they stop all the one-upmanship and begin just beating the shit out of one another. I really wish they would have made a big deal out of Bate stomping on Dunne's fingers on the steps, instead of glossing it over and immediately going into Dunne hitting a superplex off the steps to the floor. FUCKIN TREMENDOUS Dunne control, he works he head and neck, but goes back to the finger, wrist, and arm. At one point it looks like he LEGIT dislocated Bate's finger when he stomped it into the mat. Fucking nasty. Bate would hit a desperation exploder suplex, to kick-start his comeback, Dunne counters the Tyler Driver into a triangle choke but Bate does something I've never seen before, he hits the big powerbomb spot but Dunne keeps the hold, sp Bate picks him up and carries him to the ropes and catapults him throat first onto the top rope to break the hold. He follows up with a 45-second airplane spin and falls on top for two. Bate then busts out the explorer from the apron, it's not as impressive as Cesaro's deadlift suplex as Dunne has to climb the ropes for him to hit it, but still, it looked great. They just begin stomping one another in the head, but Dunne hits the bitter end out of nowhere for two. THEY DO A FUCKING ROCK EM' SOCK EM' EXCHANGE WITH BATE HITTING THE BIG RIGHT HAND, BUT HIS HAND STILL HURTS FROM ALL THE WORK SO HE CAN'T FOLLOW UP. They end up fighting on the apron, and Bate hits the cannonball kick, but Dunne rolls back in for separation. Bate then tries to follow up with a crossbody off the top but Dunne hits the elbow in mid-air and follows with the explex into the powerbomb for two. They fight on the floor again with Bate faking him out with a dive to hit a big lariat on the floor, he then follows up with a no hands plancha to the floor. He quickly rolls him in and hits the Tyler Driver '97 but this time it's Dunne who kicks out. Bate HITS THE FUCKING SPIRAL TAP, BUT HE DOESN'T HIT ALL OF IT, WHICH ALLOWS DUNNE TO KICK OUT! Bate then goes for the German off the top, but Dunne lands on his feet on the landing and quickly hits the Bitter end for the win. HOLY SHIT! HOW DID I NOT REMEMBER THIS? MOTY! THIS IS BETTER THAN CHICAGO. ****1/2

I LOVE 2017 NXT!

This also ends the longest NXT episode so far at an hour and 12 minutes.

Reactions: Deezy and Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Tag Team Champions: Undisputed Era

NXT Episode 280
December 27th, 2017

Tonight: Black/Dain/Gargano/Lars - #1 Contenders match

Street Profits vs. Chriss Starr & Riley Apex
Showcase match for the black cup boyz.

After the match, the SP's go into the crowd and say 2018 will be their year and they will become tag team champions.

NXT Woman's Championship: Sonya Deville vs. Ember Moon
This is as good as it can be I guess, Sonya really isn't good at this MMA gimmick and she really gets overshadowed in 2018 once Ronda and Sonya both come in and outshine her by 100. I love at them as first-round draft picks, while Sonya is like a late 5 rounder. But at least she has them beat on looks, Snackya :side: Moon hits the Eclipse for the win. *3/4

After the match; Kairi Sane comes out onto the stage, and looks through her pirate telescope at Moon..............BUT FROM BEHIND BASZLER CHOKES HER OUT! FUCK YEAH! Refs all pull her off as Moon watches on from the ring.

Backstage: Paul Ellering runs through AoP's tracklist, he says UE will not write the next chapter, his guys will because they are the judge, jury, and executioner and they are on borrowed time.

Backstage: Christy asks Ember what just happen? Ember says she knew once she won this title a target would be on her back, she's not hard to find and if anyone wants to make a statement do it to her in the ring.

Recap of how everyone qualified for the 4-Way.

Next Week: Undisputed vs. SAnitY, rematch.

#1 Contenders Fatal-4 Way match: Killian Dain vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Aleister Black
This is a blast, and dope way to end this tremendous year. Really awesome lower level attitude era brawl main events from like 1998/1999. Dain, Black, and Gargano all team up pretty early in the match to take Lars out. Dain hits a running splash off the stage through the announce table taking him out. Dain also gets hurt during that so we get some Black/Gargano to kill time, its good, like really good and makes me can't wait for 2018 even more now. Dain recovers and begins wrecking shit so Gargano and Black have to team up to hit a double powerbomb to take him out. BUT LARZ IS BACK! He takes out both Black and Gargano and we get a DAIN/LARZ INTERACTION! But Black has this awesome comeback where he begins breaking down the bigger men with combo strikes, he drops Lars with Black Mass, but the Undisputed Era run down and attack him, he quickly takes out Fish and Kyle but Cole gets him with the suplex into the neckbreaker, Gargano then takes Cole out with a dive and does his best to survive the two monsters. He rana's Dain into Lars and they both hit the steps, he then takes advantage of a dizzy Black and hits the slingshot DDT for the win. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
2017 Match Of The Year!

41. SAnitY vs. The Undisputed Era vs. Roderick Strong & The Authors of Pain - NXT TakeOver: WARGAMES **3/4
40. Drew McIntyre vs. Bobby Roode - NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III **3/4
39. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bobby Roode - NXT TakeOver: Orlando **3/4
38. Lars Sullivan vs. Roderick Strong - December 20th, 2017 **3/4
37. Kassius OhNo vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas - May 17th, 2017 **3/4
36. Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - NXT TakeOver: San Antonio **3/4
35. Hideo Itami vs. Kassius OhNo - July 26th, 2017 **3/4
34. Oney Lorcan vs. Danny Burch - July 19th, 2017 **3/4
33. Ruby Riot vs. Nikki Cross vs. Asuka - NXT TakeOver: Chicago **3/4
32. Fabian Aichner vs. Johnny Gargano - November 1st, 2017 **3/4
31. Kassius OhNo vs. Bobby Roode - March 15th, 2017 **3/4
30. Hideo Itami vs. Oney Lorcan - June 28th, 2017 **3/4
29. Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Oney Lorcan - January 11th, 2017 **3/4
28. Mark Andrews vs. Pete Dunne - February 22nd, 2017 **3/4
27. Johnny Gargano vs. Pete Dunne - November 22nd, 2017 **3/4

26. Killian Dain vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Aleister Black - December 27th, 2017 ***
25. Hideo Itami vs. Oney Larcan - June 7th, 2017 ***
24. Kassius OhNo vs. Aleister Black - June 21st, 2017 ***
23. The Authors of Pain vs. #DIY - NXT TakeOver: Chicago ***
22. Hideo Itami vs. Aleister Black - NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III ***
21. Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Roderick Strong - October 25th, 2017 ***
20. Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Aleister Black - NXT TakeOver: Orlando ***
19. Ember Moon vs. Asuka - NXT TakeOver: Orlando ***
18. The Authors Of Pain vs. #DIY - NXT TakeOver: San Antonio ***
17. Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Roderick Strong - NXT TakeOver: San Antonio ***
16. The Revival vs. #DIY vs. The Authors of Pain - NXT TakeOver: Orlando ***1/4
15. Aleister Black vs. The Velveteen Dream - NXT TakeOver: WARGAMES ***1/4
14. Roderick Strong vs. Drew McIntyre - October 4th, 2017 ***1/4
13. Oney Lorcan vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas - March 22nd, 2017 ***1/4
12. Andrade 'Cien' Almas vs. Drew McIntyre - WARGAMES ***1/4
11. Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Roode - August 30th, 2017 ***1/4

10. Kassius OhNo vs. Johnny Gargano - December 6th, 2017 ***1/4
9. Johnny Gargano vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas - NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III ***1/4
8. Roderick Strong vs. Hideo Itami - May 10th, 2017 - ***1/4
7. The Revival vs. #DIY - January 11th, 2017 ***1/2
6. Johnny Gargano vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas - October 11th, 2017 ***1/2
5. Ember Moon vs. Asuka - NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III ***1/2
4. Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Roode - July 5th, 2017 ****
3. Nikki Cross vs. Asuka - June 28th, 2017 ****
2. Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate - NXT TakeOver: Chicago ****1/4
1. Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne - December 20th, 2017 ****1/2

Reactions: Deezy and Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Awards, Awards & AWARDS!

Feuds
5. Dunne vs. Bate
4. Black vs. Dream
3. Asuka vs. THE WORLD
2. Hideo vs. Oney
1. Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Roode

TakeOvers
5. San Antonio
4. Orlando
3. Chicago
2. Wargames
1. Brooklyn III

Top 5 Tag Teams
5. The Revival
4. Undisputed Era
3. SAnitY
2. #DIY
1. AoP

Top 15 Wrestlers of the Year
15. Ember Moon
14. LARZ
13. Nikki Cross
12. Tyler Bate
11. Drew McIntyre

10. Aleister Black
9. Pete Dunne
8. Asuka
7. Hideo Itami
6. Bobby Roode
5. Kassius OhNo
4. Oney Lorcan
3. Andrade "Cien" Almas
2. Roderick Strong

YOUR 2017 WOTY DUE TO A CHEAT CODE OF BEING IN A TAG TEAM FOR HALF THE YEAR AND A SINGLES FOR THE OTHER HALF.

1. Johnny Gargano

Overall: This is hands down the best year in NXT that I've reviewed, trips finally has his own indy show but with WWE money and backing. Not a shocker the World title was once again elevated to the #1 title once bums like Finn, Nakamura, and Joe all left. Roode is a great angle champ, Drew was a good paper champ and Almas is just getting started. Then trips brought in the heavy hitters, the guys you can put in the main event or mid-card. Roddy, Ohno, Black, Oney. The return of Hideo for the summer was huge too, and he finally started to adapt and get it. Also guys like Dunne and Bate also really helped, it's trips' version of what the cruiserweights was for WCW even though everyone wrestles the same now, but they're nice additions and rarely seen every week. With all those guys we got a **3/4 or higher match every week it seemed, the only other years to produce that was 2003 Smackdown and 2004 RAW's.

The Woman's division took a dip, but it still the 2nd best division on the roster. I'm ready to call Asuka my favorite woman's wrestler of all time, and it' not even close. She pretty much carried NXT from Brooklyn last year to Brooklyn this year as the singles star. Cross was a good addition and so was Ruby to go with Ember and Peyton. But most of the times the girls did nothing for me.

Tag vision was the weakest the division by far, once the Revival got the call, and once #DIY broke up it was left to AoP and SAnitY to carry it until August/Sept once UE became a thing. But even after that we never got to the peak of tag wrestling like it once was.

Reactions: Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Oh, one last thing before I celebrate the end of 2018 by getting drunk everyone night before I start something new.

Legacy awards.

2017 > 2013 > 2015 > 2014 > 2016 > 2012

The Classics

10. Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro - August 21th, 2013 ****
9. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks - NXT TakeOver Brooklyn ****
8. #DIY vs. The Revival - NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II ****
7. Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - TakeOver: Dallas ****1/4
6. Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate - NXT TakeOver: Chicago ****1/4
5. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley - NXT TakeOver: RESPECT! ****1/4
4. Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne - December 20th, 2017 ****1/2
3. Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville - TakeOver: R-Evolution ****1/2
2. #DIY vs. The Revival - TakeOver: Toronto ****1/2
1. Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro - ARrival ****3/4

Top 5 Entrance Music

5. Superhuman (Baron Corbin)
4. GLORIOUS (Bobby Roode)
3. Shock the System (Undisputed Era)
2. Root of all Evil (Aleister Black)
1. The Future (Asuka)

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not saying I'd put it top 5 either but I think you sleep on Ember's theme bc it goes hard af

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Bruh the best match in NXT history is on the horizon

Side note: I miss Corbin’s old theme

Reactions: Deezy and Crippler

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 281
January 3rd, 2018

This is a 2-hour network special, just a 2017 wrap up show. But, for the first time since 2016, we get an "EXCLUSIVE" match.

This is from the San Antonio show.

NXT Championship Match: Adam Cole (w/Undisputed Era) vs. Drew McIntyre [Special Referee: Shawn Michaeles]
Total house show match, nothing really to write about and totally meaningless now. Drew uses his power and height to frustrate Drew early. Kyle and Fish try to get involved early on but do a terrible job and get busted so Shawn sends them to the back. Drew busts out this awesome deadlift powerslam, but in mid-move turns it into a vertical suplex. He begins beating Cole up in the corner, but Shawn keeps pulling him off, so Drew shoves him and they get into an arguing match, which allows Cole to chopblock the knee. He follows up by sending Drew shoulder first into the ring post to take over. The match seems to get edited down, as they cut the whole Cole control and go right into both men trading counters and hitting big moves for near falls. Cole spits in Drew's face, so Drew hits a headbutt and follows up with the Celtic Cross off the top, but Cole puts his leg on the ropes to break up the cover. Cole superkicks the knee out from under Drew and follows up with Back2Back shinning wizards for two. Cole gets in Shawn's face about the count as the crowd begins chanting for "SWM" so, Cole backs up and starts tunning up the band, but he takes too much time which allows Drew to catch the kick and hit the Future Shock DDT for two. Drew goes for it again, but Cole shoves him off and goes for the superkick but he hits Shawn on accident. Drew hits the Claymore kick, but Shawn is down, he eventually recovers but Kyle and Fish run back out to pull him out of the ring. They put the boots to Drew, but Shawn recovers and takes Fish out as Drew takes Kyle out. Shawn then hits Kyle with SCM, Cole goes for another superkick on Shawn but he ducks and stumbles into the Future Shock DDT and follows up with the Claymore kick for the win. **1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 282
January 10th, 2018
Center Stage Theater: Atlanta, Georgia

I like this little indy stage setup they have here.

fpVyFPj.png

In the trainer's room? The Undisputed Era are standing by, Cole welcomes us to 2018, their year. Fish says they closed 2017 in style by winning the tag titles and in 2018 they prove why they are the greatest tag team. Kyle says they will start the year by taking out SAnitY. Cole says he will END anyone who gets in his way of becoming the next NXT world champion.
Last week at the PC, Baszler notices some trainees training holds in the ring, she offers to teach them a hold and ends up choking one of them out. G.O.A.T!

Shayna Baszler vs. Dakota Kai
Pretty dope Baszler debut match, she toys and fucks around with Kai. Tons of throws, and nasty arm work. SHE THEN DEBUTS THE ARM STOMP :mark: and the ref calls for the bell. AMAZING!

tRRT4pu.gif

EMT's immediately run out to check on Kai post-match, but Baszler doesn't fuck a fuck and chokes her out :mark: Ember runs out so Baszler breaks the hold and leaves.

Backstage: AoP cut a promo, Ellering says he doesn't care where and when they want their titles.

During the break, Christy asks Baszler why she did what she did, but Regal comes over he tells Baszler he's been in wrestling for 34 years and he knows the kinda of games she's playing. Attacking people from behind won't get her a title match :lmao She asks if they're done and leaves.

Kassius OhNo vs. Raul Mendoza
This gets about 5 minutes, it's Raul's best showing as Ohno lets him get a bunch of flashy offense in against him and Raul bumps well for all oh Ohno's nasty sounding strikes. Ohno does all his usual big man offense, so he does a great job of mixing up striking and power offense. Raul has a nice brief comeback as he tries to quicken the pace but he gets caught in the electric chair position and Ohno hands him up throat first onto the top rope and hits the northern lights flying elbow for the win. **1/2

Earlier Today, Vega talks to the NXT media. She says her and Almas are more on the same page now than ever before, NEW Almas knows it's, even more, harder to stay champion, a reporter brings up Gargano becoming the #1 Contender. She says he didn't earn it, he's not a fight, he's an opportunist. He took advantage of 3 guys, and we've already beaten him 2 times. Johnny Wrestling is a lie, Almas is what's real.

Backstage: Christy asks Gargano what's going through his mind as he gets ready for his title match, Johnny says a lot of people thought he didn't have a chance in that match. Velveteen Dream comes over and asks Gargano to say thank you, Dream says to say thank you because he beat Kassius Ohno a guy, it took him 20 minutes to do that, and it would have taken him 30 seconds tops. He also got lucky beating Black and knows he won't win at Philly. Dream says he deserves his spot.

In the back, the black cup boyz are being loud they go into Regal's office and ask for a title match, so Regal books them vs. AoP in a #1 Contenders match next week.

Lio Rush vs. Lars Sullivan
Lars now has his full smokes and mirrors entrance down, all the camera tricks to make him look as big and monterious as possible. Awesome David vs. Goliath match, Lio dies a bunch on powermoves and he also is at is best avoiding stuff, he busts out that awesome corner bump where he goes between the middle and top rope and hits the ringpost, it looks so brutal. He avoids a couple more charges but gets killed on a Lariat, and Lars hits the freak accident for the win. **

Lars says he's faced opponent after opponent, sometimes 2 at once and they've all fallen by his hands. But now, he keeps going back to 2 weeks ago when he went up against a force he's never faced before and that brings him joy. Cause now he wants to destroy it.................IM TALKING TO YOU KILLIAN DAIN!

Lars then hits a super freak accident to Lio off the middle rope. LARZ!

Axp0wy6.gif

In the back, the UE attack SAnitY and left them laid out.

The Undisputed Era comes down to the ring, KYLE DEBUTS HIS AIR GUITAR ON THE TITLE! WHICH AUTOMATICALLY MAKES HIM THE MVP OF 2018. Cole says he has a weird feeling like they're missing something.......SAnitY! Fish asks what if they forgot, and Cole says they kicked the chaos out of them. Nikki Cross tries to run out, but refs stop her. Cole goes to talk again but GM Regal comes out onto the stage, he says they will be defending the titles.................BUT, Roddy interrupts and says he wants to fight them....................BUT ALEISTER BLACKS' MUSIC HITS AND HE COMES OUT ONTO THE STAGE! Black says "As will I" then bull rush the ring and the match is on :mark:

NXT World Tag Team Championships: The Undisputed Era (w/Adam Cole) vs. Team Black Strong (Roderick Strong & Aleister Black)
This is a good time, challengers dominate early and it rules, tons of brutal strikes as they take turns beating up Kyle, but Fish kicks Blacks' legs from under him as Kyle distracts the ref to gain the upper hand in the match. Solid control by UE, they take turns beating on Black. Roddy's hot tag it the usual good shit, combo's ontop of combos. The match breaks down, with Black taking out FIsh on the floor but Cole attacks Black which leads to Black chasing Cole through the crowd to the back. That leaves Roddy in a 2-1 and they hit TOTAL ELIMINATION for the win. **1/2

After the match, Black comes back to the ring, but the 3-1 is too much and UE leave him for dead to end the show.

REGAL COMES OUT AND BOOKS COLE/BLACK @ PHILLY IN AN EXTREME RULES MATCH!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 283
January 17th, 2018

Heavy Machinery vs. Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli
This isn't good, I like HM and I like Moss, but all these guys need that ring vet to guide them through a match or it just becomes a cluster mess of nothingness. Moss school boys Tucker and puts his feet on the ropes for the win. *

Backstage: Cole says TakeOver is their event, and at Philly, it will be no different. He has 1 million and 1 ways to beat and hurt Black. Kyle says AoP or Street Profits it doesn't matter, this is their era and everyone is just living in it. Fish says some stuff too.

Roderick Strong vs. Fabian Aichner
Not shocking, this is a good time, Fabian is really good, everything is sound and smoothing he has no problems keeping up with Roddy in quickness, he also uses his bigger frame to catch Roddy in mid-air and hit a powermove to be 1 step ahead. Roddy uses his superior striking to fight back into it before hitting some backbreakers, the match ends when Fabian goes for a springboard move but he pauses during the jump which allows Roddy to hit a backbreaker and lock in the Strong Hold for the win. **1/2

After the match, Roddy says someone came out last week and asked for a fight, and he feels the same way. Since joining NXT he's ran through the competition just like him. HE WANTS THAT FORCE! LARZ! IM TALKING TO YOU!

I guess Roddy forgot Larz already beat him.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TM-smurfs ARE BACK UGH! CAN WE JUST GET TO DECEMBER WHEN ONE OF THEM LOSERS GETS FIRED!

Aliyah vs. Lacey Evans
BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Aliyah got another new theme this is fuckin hilarious. Lacey showcase, it's not good, sadly Aliyah goes back to working face. Lacey hits a big RIGHT HAND for the win :lmao

After the match, Lacey begins running down some of the other women, but Baszler comes out and scares her off. She then hits the ring and chokes out Aliyah. Ember comes out for the save and challenges Baszler to a fight, but Baszler says she's not in her gear. So, Ember says Baszler can name the place and time, while she brings her belt. Baszler says @ Philly.

Backstage: Regal says against his better judgment he books Baszler/Moon at Philly. Vega comes over and says they both know Gargano has 0 chance of winning and says the Dream has a point and says he should make Dream/Gargano with his title match on the line. Regal says it's up to Gargano if he wants to do that, not him.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! THAT PIECE OF NO GOOD MONKEY SHIT NO WAY JOSE IS BACK AGAIN! FUCK OFF!

Johnny Gargano comes down to the ring with a mic, he says he just saw what just happen, he hears everyone talking behind his back. They all doubt his ability to beat Almas, and he's done being doubted around here. THIS IS NOT A FLUKE! This is my time, this is my opportunity and no one will stop me. Velveteen Dream you got your match next week. I KNOW WHO I AM, I AM JOHNNY FREAKING WRESTLING!

Tag Team #1 Contenders Match: The Street Profits vs. The Authors of Pain (w/Paul Ellering)
Good story with SP's thinking they're ready but they're not and they run into the most dominant tag team in NXT history, FUCK THE ASCENSION! AoP dominates 90% of the match, and the SP's never stood a chance. They isolate the smaller Ford and destroys him for a bit, Dawkins has a solid hot tag, but Ford wants the glory and tags himself back in which allows AoP to hit the Supercollider and the Last Chapter for the win. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 284
January 24th, 2018

In a pre-tape, the Velveteen Dream is at the PC, but he sets the ambiance and atmosphere before saying we all dream of being NXT champion one day. Life just allows us to experience different paths. Johnny Gargano, you dream one-day becoming champion and I don't doubt that you can do that, just not when the choices are you or ME! We all know your rise was tainted in doubt, while his was pure. So, the way he sees it no matter how the pieces fall, a dream will be over.

No Way Jose vs. Cezar Bononi
NOPE!

Video package on the Black/Cole feud airs.

Bianca Belair vs. Latoya
Look at this black on black crime smh, fine Belair showcase, she hits a reverse powerbomb for the win.

Earlier Today Percy sat down with both Ember and Shyna, Percy asks Ember why she called out Shayna. Ember says because she's nothing more than a bully, she thinks she came come into her division and take shortcuts, jump people from behind, try to injure people. Shayna says it's not about Dakota, Aliyah or Kairi, You have to sir up water to catch fish, and Ember is the big fish in this mind. Ember says she is the big fish for a reason. WE LIVE BY A CODE :lmao Being woman's champion means she has responsibilities, and if Shayna ever becomes champion she might get a small glimpse of that. Percy asks Shanya how this match will go, Shayna says Ember started from the bottom and achieved her dream, the difference is she doesn't care if people know her path or struggles. Because she worked just as hard and at Philly when she walks up and sees her walking away with her title, she will know that's her walking away with her dream. Percy asks what's one thing she wants the people to know about her? Shayna says she doesn't care what the people know about her, they just have to get used to her.

Part II of who is TM-61 airs.

It's supposed to be The Authors of Pain vs. Chris Chase Brown & Damien Smith, but AoP destroy the jobbers and yell in broken English.

#1 Contenders match for the NXT World Championship: Johnny Gargano vs. The Velveteen Dream
CROWD IS SPLIT 50/50, THEY DO THE DUELLING CHANTS FOR THE OPENING 3 MINUTES OF THE MATCH AND THAT'S GREAT! Gargano uses her superior mat wrestling and tries to dominate early and does, but the longer they go on the mat the Dream begins learning on the fly and even win a couple of exchanges. He gets cocky, and it almost backfires as Gargano locks in him the escape but Dream reaches the ropes. Dream continues to showboat and get cocky when he does the Ohno flip over the ropes to the apron but Gargano dropkicks him off the apron to the announce table, he follows up with a Cannonball to the floor. But once he rolls Dream back in, Dream catches Gargano coming through the middle rope with a spinning neck breaker and takes over. Solid neck work, he does the fake out dive but it's so unflashy it's hilarious and so Dreamlike. Like it takes him a good 15 seconds to climb to the top rope, but just as it looks like he's about to jump to the floor, he jumps back in the ring and waves it off :lmao It shouldn't be as funny as it was. This gets 2 breaks, but it doesn't hurt the pace, they just seem to cut the match from maybe 18 to 12. Gargano has a nice comeback as he quickens the face and does a bunch of his quick strike offense. But Dream comes right back with his awesome inside-out spinning DDT for two. Dream goes up top maybe for the elbow, but Gargano takes his feet from under him sending him to the floor and his the running suicide dive to the floor. Gargano now heads up top, but Dream crotches him, he goes for the super DVD bomb and hits, but he's too weak to cover right away which allows him to kick out. AWESOME MOMENT! Dream hurts his right elbow when hitting the DVD so when he goes for the purple rainmaker, he can't raise that arm so he has to go to the left. But that moment of delay allows Gargano to get the knees up to block it. He hits the running superkick and locks in the Gargano escape to the hurt arm for the win. ***1/4

After the match, Champion El Idolo and Vega come down to the ring, Almas raises the title right in front of Johnny face he then sucker punches Gargano beats him down before throwing Gargano to the floor to pose in his ring. BUT GARGANO GETS BACK UP! He hits the slingshot DDT and poses with the world title to end the show.

W1Tpiq2.jpg

Reactions: Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

asBzlvZ.png

NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia
January 27th, 2018
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

No Nigel tonight, so it's just Mauro and Percy :(

6QYCqBS.gif

NXT World Tag Team Championships: The Authors of Pain (w/Paul Ellering) vs. The Undisputed Era
AoP attack pre-bell and clear the ring to play mind games, they continue to dominate as the match officially begins, Kyle uses he speed to avoid the big strikes and counters being on the mat with MMA takedowns or hold attempts. UE keep making quick tags looking for anything to work but AoP put a stop to everything, they hit the sidewalk slam/stomp combo but Akam comes down awkwardly on the knee and begins to favor it, Fish sees it so in the next sequence he kicks the leg from under him in the apron and they begin to go to work. It's solid but the problem is they don't fully commit to it like they work it but then randomly start doing strikes to the head and chest. Kyle locks in a nasty looking kneebar, he eventually fights it off and Rezar gets the hot tag, awesome big man mauling offense he hits this awesome fallaway slam/backdrop to both UE members, Kyle comes back with a stiff knee to the head it looks like Rezar was going for a spear but Kyle hits him flush in the head with a straight knee. They go for the high/low but Rezar fights it back off and Akam tags back in, they go for the last chapter but Fish stops it as Kyle locks the kneebar back on as Fish jumps on Rezar's back but he flips him over to break the hold. Akam gets his 2nd wind and begins destroying Fish it's super brutal and awesome, they go for the supercollider but Kyle 'rana Akam into Rezar knocking him to the floor and he rolls Akam up for the win. **3/4

WAR MACHINE ARE IN THE FRONT ROW!

Earlier Tonight, The Velveteen Dream guaranteed a 30-second knock win against Kassious Ohno tonight.

The Velveteen Dream vs. Kassius OhNo
Dream comes out wearing boxing shorts, it has an airbrushed picture of him doing the Ali pose over Ohno :lmao He also has a shirtless guy come out and give him a custom mouthpiece :lmao Ohno has finally ditched the NBA adjace stuff and now has his own design. The crowd starts the match with a 30-second count, it gets to 24 before Dream hits a big right hand but he's shocked that he actually hits one so he begins the premature celebration, that allows Ohno to get back to his feet and drop him with a killer elbow. It's crazy how much more over Dream is than Ohno, especially in Philly where Hero has been an indy star for years. Hero hits a bunch of strikes but Ohno weather the storm and hits a huge spinebuster to take over, he begins working the mid-section with strikes before locking in an abdominal stretch and other holds. Ohno fights back into it but countering a suplex into the explex before going back to the striking game. He gets a series of near falls off big kicks and elbows, but Dream comes back with the spinning spike DDT but he couldn't get all of it due to Ohno's larger frame. They both this spot with Ohno going for the flying elbow but Dream tries to catch him in mid-air and hit the DVD bomb, they do it but it doesn't follow hit which is a shame. Dream gets too cocky which allows Ohno to hit the rolling elbow for two, he tries the DEATH BLOW but Dream counters and hits the DVD bomb and follows up with the Purple Rainmaker for the win. **3/4

WniMSRD.gif

Maria Menounos is front row.

Backstage: Johnny Gargano is in his own locker room surrounded by family.

NXT Woman's Championship: Shayna Baszler vs. Ember Moon
Shyna getting the main event backstage walk as her music plays like this is UFC bruh. Ember foolishly tries to go hold for hold with Shyna early and it backfires, Shyna keeps taking her down and with submissions or strikes pretty easily so she gets too cocky which allows Ember to comeback with speed and quick strikes. She hits a suicide dive to the floor, but once she rolls her back in, Shyna destroys her with knees before hitting the ARM BREAKER STOMP! Wonderful arm work, she stomps and kicks away at the arm, and takes her time with holds everything is so brutal looking. Ember's selling is phenomenal it's top 2 all time that I've seen this whole review she doesn't use that arm at all, doesn't throw a single strike with it, doesn't even use the arm when climbing the ropes it's all with the ring arm. She ends up making a comeback and hitting the Eclipse but her arm it too hurt so she can't cover so the refs signal for the EMT's to come out, but she waves them off. Moon goes over to follow up, but Shyna attempts to lock in the armbar but Ember locks her hands together before wiggling to the ropes to break it. Shayna then pulls her by the bad arm and goes for it again but Ember keeps her hands locked to stop it from fully being locked in, they do a tremendous tease job with Shayna never being able to fully lock it in, it's a constant struggle but the CHAMPION'S HEART PREVAILS AND ROLLS HER UP FOR THE WIN. **3/4

jPFKGfI.gif

After the match, a weaken and hurt Ember is being tended to by the EMT's on the floor when Shyna attacks her on the floor and chokes her out.

RICOCHET IS SITTING IN THE CROWD!

Extreme Rules Match: Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole
Cole does his big blow off match style here, so tons of weapons with every big spot getting bigger and bigger to build to the finish. They a good job at filling in the gaps too, it's a struggle for both men early, I like that Cole has to resort to weapons for punishment, while Black feels his hands and kicks are a weapon so he doesn't need them. It works early with the chair, but it backfires later on when he throws away the kendo stick and tries his cape'rana but Cole hits him in the mid-section mid backflip to gain the advantage. Cole sets up a table on the floor, he goes for a superplex from the ring to the floor but Black counters and hip tosses him into the ring onto the trash can, he follows up with a running knee for two. Black goes under the ring now and brings out another table and sets it up next to the other one. During this Cole has a nasty cut on his thumb, his whole hand is covered in blood so Black allows the ref to check on that, so Black pulls out a ladder but Cole dropkicks it back into his head taking him out. Cole sets it up in the corner he then goes to the other corner for the 10 punch salute but Black puts him in the electric chair position and throws him back/ass first on top of the ladder for a two count. Good back and forth with both men trying to set up a big move involving a weapon but in the end it backfires on the other, e.g. Black goes for a double stomp to Cole's head which is sandwiched on a chair, but Cole pops back up and superkicks the chair back into Black's head sending him crashing through the two tables at ringside. Cole rolls him back in but only gets a two count, Cole now sets up 2 chairs in the seated position back2back he again tries the neckbreaker onto the chairs but BLACK COUNTERS AND DVD'S HIM ON TOP OF IT! Cole grabs one of the chairs and tries to use it to get back to his feet, but Black kicks it back into his face. But, Kyle and Fish run out to break up the cover, they hit Total Elimination on the floor and drag Black to the announce table. But, SAnitY runs out for the save, Cole sees Black on one of the production boxes and goes for a superplex through the announce table, but Black fights it off and hits A MOTHERFUCKING DOUBLE KNEES STOMP THROUGH THE TABLE AS COLE WAS STANDING UP! BRUH! He rolls Cole back in, but Cole hits a desperation superkick for separation, Cole grabs a chair again and again it backfires as Black hits the black mass for the win. ***1/4

3CVigGc.gif
BsWR3Ba.gif
XmqAAF6.gif
zpaD54L.gif

EC3 is in the crowd.

Almas gets the special championship musical entrance, a mariachi band all in Lucha masks. He also debuts the throw away mask entrance :mark: But the champion coming out first tho smh.

20180127_nxttakeover_philly_vid_almasentrance--532b4dcfae29d06cdee3e2a8d7cbd31e.jpg

NXT World Championship: Andrade "Cien" Almas (w/Zelina Vega) vs. Johnny Gargano
So here it is, the main reason i started this project. I hope to god this still holds up. Few stats this is the 3rd longest match in NXT history, 2nd behind Wargames with 1st being that Sami/Joe disaster. This is 32:19 which also makes it the longest title match in NXT history. I'll tell you what, this Almas rebrand has to be the greatest turn around in NXT history, only ones that come close it the Bayley and Sasha rebrand.

Really tremendous feeling out, counter wrestling to start. they both know each other so well at this point so they have a counter to the other's counter, it's evenly matched at 50/50, but it's Gargano who is the first to get the first series of offense in. They continue to go back and forth for the opening 7 minutes or so, with some awesome counters until Gargano goes for the cannonball but Almas dodges and Gargano takes a nasty thud to the floor. That allows Almas to get the upper hand now, Good Almas control he works the head, neck, and back. Gargano blocks a superkick and hits his rolling kick to get back into it, but they do this awesome spot with Gargano going for the running kick in the corner but Almas catches the kicks and puts him in the tree of whoa, he goes for the double stomp but Johnny avoids and unhooks himself before hitting the exploder into the corner. That leads to a big comeback, he hits the slingshot DDT for two but as he attempts the head scissors into the escape, Almas blocks it by slamming Johnny mid-section first into the mat. Almas then busts out the moonsault into the standing moonsault for two. They begin trading near falls, but ALMAS DEBUTS THE FAKE OUT INTO THE SICK BACK ELBOW FOR TWO. But Gargano comes right back with a killer superkick for a two of his own. They continue to go back and forth, with big counters out of everything and it rules. E.G., Almas, has the sunset flip powerbomb countered so he lands on his feet and hits the double knees, he goes for it again but Gargano has it scouted and rolls to the apron so Almas' knees hit the turnbuckle. Johnny now goes for the slingshot spear, but Almas catches him in mid-air and hits a knee to the chest and hits the inverted DDT for two. Almas goes for the hammerlock DDT on the apron, but Johnny fights out and hits the FUCKING SLINGSHOT DDT FROM IN THE RING TO THE APRON. Johnny eventually rolls him in, but too much time has passed which allows Almas to kick out. Almas hits the spinning back elbow, but as he goes for the running knees Gargano hits the big lariat, followed by the lawn dart but as he goes for the running superkick Vega causes the distraction allowing Almas to hit the dropkick but Johnny blocks the DDT into a schoolboy for two, he hits the superkick but again Almas kicks out. Gargano rolls to the apron and attempts to go up top, but Almas takes out the knees and HITS A FUCKING DOUBLE STOMP TO THE APRON, HE FOLLOWS UP BY SLAMMING GARGANO INTO THE LED BORD AND SLAMMING HIS HEAD INTO IT 3 TIMES. Johnny has this epic nobodies home facial expression, so Almas hits the double stomp but Gargano kicks out :mark: Both men are spent, and have to start using the other to get back to their feet. I liked that before they could stand and trade strikes, but now they can barely get to their knees to do it. BUT OUT OF NOWHERE JOHNNY HITS A SUPERKICK AND STANDING REVERSE 'RANA FOLLOWED BY THE HEADSISSORS INTO THE ESCAPE!!! Almas tries to roll through, but Vega pulls him closer to the ropes and the ref sees it which allows Almas to break the hold by raking the eyes :mark: Almas again looks for the DDT but Gargano shoves him to the floor and hits the suicide dive like Aries did to Nigel at the Rising Above PPV. He rolls him back in, but OUT OF NOWHERE VEGA 'RANA'S GARGANO INTO THE STEPS, THAT ALLOWS ALMAS TO ROLL HIM BACK IN AND HIT THE HAMMERLOCK DDT BUT GARGANO KICKS OUT TO THE 2ND OR 3RD BIGGEST POP IN NXT HISTORY. Gargano falls to the floor, as Vega goes to attack again but Candice hopes the rails and runs Vega off through the crowd. Gargano recovers and hits the slingshot DDT for two and now locks in the escape again........................................BUT ALMAS GETS TO THE ROPES :mark: THIS FUCKING MATCH! They both roll onto the apron, but Almas out of desperation shoves Gargano into the ringpost and hits the FUCKING RUNNING KNEES :mark: And I lied when I said earlier that, that Gargano out cold look was the best ever cause this one was even better. He looks concussed/dead/all of the looks, which allows Almas to drag Gargano's dead body to the top rope and hit the spike DDT like he did to drew to win the belt. YEP! STILL HOLDS UP AS THE CLASSIC! BEST MATCH IN NXT HISTORY! *****

wLFQCok.gif
SVdKulh.gif
UEc6SaU.gif

After the match, Almas and Vega celebrate as the crowd gives Gargano a standing ovation. Candice comes back out and helps her husband up the ramp........................................THEY AGAIN GET ME WITH THE BOX LOGO. BUT FROM BEHIND CIAMPA MAKES HIS RETURN AND HITS GARGANO IN THE BACK WITH A CRUTCH :mark:

ParQqRH.gif

Fuck it, imma put this one again while I make some gifs. BRUH!

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 285
January 31st, 2018
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

So before I get into the show, last week NXT did their end of year awards here are the winners.

MWOTY - Aleister Black
FWOTY - Asuka
Overall WOTY - Asuka
TTOTY - Sanity
Feud of the Year - Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream
Breakout Star of the Year - Aleister Black
TakeOver of the Year - Wargames
Future Star of NXT - Cezar Bononi :lmao
MOTY - Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne at NXT TakeOver: Chicago

Tonight: Bate/Roddy - #1 Contenders match for the UK title :mark:

Nikki Cross vs. Lacey Evans
Solid showcase for Cross, she hits the swinging fisherman neckbreaker for the win.

Recap of the Woman's title match airs.

Backstage: Kayla asks Shayna why she attacked Moon after the match, Shayna says Ember didn't beat her she barely survived, she tells Kayla to go interview Ember from the trainer's room after this, and ask herself who is acting like a winner here?

Stills shows Ember making her surprise entrance in the Woman's Royal Rumble from Sunday.

Recap of Black/Cole airs.

Backstage: UE are complaining about the L when Cole says SAnitY will pay for this.

Backstage: Kayla brings up to the Dream that he said he would win in under 30 seconds, and asks if he maybe underestimated Kassius Ohno? Dream says he knows what he said, and that's why he knocked his mouthpiece out. But in the end, he and the rest of the NXT fans know his name. "DREAM OVER"

TM-61 vs. The Ealy Brothers
HOLY SHIT! THE EALY'S FINALLY GOT SOME PROPER RING GEAR! :lmao This is a thing, Ealy's play the heels by default, their main heat is doing mid-match twin magic to do a bunch of heel 101 offense. One of the TM losers makes a hot tag, the match breaks down and they hit the awful looking thunder valley for the win. *

Backstage: TM-61 are talking to Christy and they dub themselves "The Mighty" lol

Recap of the best match in NXT history + Post-Match attack airs.

WWE.COM EXCLUSIVE, Reports all try to interview Ciampa but he just walks off.

Images show Almas making his Rumble surprise and lasting 30 minutes.

WWE.com Exclusive after the Rumbler, Cathy interviews both Vega and Almas. She asks Vega for their thoughts in the last 24 hours. Vega says this was her plan all along to show the world the NEW Almas, Almas says this is only the beginning.

Mauro announces that EC3 has officially signed with NXT.

Next Week, Dain vs. Cole & Kyle/Fish vs. EY/Wolfe for the tag team titles.

#1 Contenders Match for the United Kingdom Championship: Roderick Strong vs. Tyler Bate
This gets pretty close to 10 minutes and it's a good 1st time meeting, Bate uses his speed and sneaky strength to throw Roddy off early, but Bate makes 1 mistake and that's going for a through the ropes spear but Roddy catches him and hits a backbreaker to take over, we get some awesome Roddy offense he's at his best against smaller guys when he can show off his FRS and throw people around. Like he does against Jack Evans or a Matt Sydal. Bate fights back in with punches, kicks and uppercuts. He hits a deadlift German with a bridge for two, he quickly follows up with an exploder for two. Bate heads up top, but Roddy cuts him off and attempts a suplexplex but Bate shoves him off but Roddy is quickly up and pulls his leg into a backbreaker. They go back and forth trading counters until Bate hits the big Lariat for two. Bate attempts the Tyler Driver but his back it too hurt, so Roddy counters into the stronghold but Bate switches his hips into a roll-up for two. But, Roddy comes with back with a 4 move combo and hits the End of Heartache for the win. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 286
February 7th, 2018

It's supposed to be the UE/SANITY for the tag titles, but Sanity jumps them from behind and all 6 brawls until security put a stop to that. Regal comes out and says this ends tonight, he makes it a 6 man tornado tag match.

Heavy Machinery vs. Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli
Angle match, Moss wants to win while Tino just keeps wanting to showboat, they have some miscommunications and tensions leading to the Otis hot tag, Moss goes for the roll-up that won them the first match but the ref spots it and stops the count. That allows them to knock Moss out of the ring and they hit Tino with the double splash for the win.

MOSS WALKS OUT ON TINO POST-MATCH!

Johnny Gargano comes down to the ring, he says it's been a hell of a month, he went into the Philly the most confident he's ever been. that's why he brought his family. It was gonna be his moment. He knew he was gonna win and he saw himself standing here as champion, but that didn't happen and that sucks. But coming out and getting THAT reaction from you guys, earning you guys respect means more than a championship. I had the match of a lifetime and you guys picked me up, and I am exactly who I say I am. "JOHNNY FREAKIN' WRESTLING" TakeOver is a night I'll never forget, but you know what else I'll never forget. A crutch shot to the back, I've bit my tongue since Chicago. BUT............CIAMPA...........I'M COMING FOR YOU! Suddenly, Almas' music hits and out comes El Idolo and Vega. They come down to the ring, Vega says no one cares about him earning respect. Almas should be out here with a parade instead of listening to you complain. Johnny didn't prove anything apart from him being a loser, Almas is 3-0, you're not Johnny Wrestling you are Johnny Loser. Gargano says his favorite part of TakeOver was earning their respect, but his second part was when his wife beat the hell out of her. Vega gets right in Gargano's face but Candice runs out and shoves Vega to the floor as Gargano clears the ring of Almas. Heels bail up to the stage, and Vega says she's sick of them and will do whatever it takes to get rid of them. Gargano says GIVE HIM 1 MORE SHOT! Vega says we give them 1 more shot, and if they win he leaves NXT. Gargano accepts :mark:

Earlier today, Baszler is talking with the NXT Media, 1 reporter asks what next after she failed. Baszler says Ember isn't gonna give her a rematch as she's scared. She's already got 1 arm ripped off. She doesn't want the other off too.

NEXT WEEK: Roddy/Dunne for the UK title.

Backstage: Tyler Bate says don't count him out and he will get another shot at the UK title someday, he brings up his 2017 MOTY award and says he can't wait to have more MOTY matches with guys like Black, Dream and anyone else on the roster.

Bianca Belair vs. Jessix Hill
BB Squash.

6-Man Tornado Tag Team Match: SAnitY vs. The Undisputed Era
All 6 brawl and they pretty much brawl from bell to bell to that's cool, contestant action even if it isn't the highest or most entertaining fighting, they do enough to not make it seem like this is dragging. Cole, EY, Wolfe, and Kyle end up brawling to the back which leaves Dain and Fish but they don't do anything with their time, so cams cut to the back brawling instead. Late in the match, all 6 fight up to where the stage is and Dain hip tosses Fish onto the other 4 men on the floor. All 4 now begin hitting bit strikes and big moves one after the other, with Dain continuing to be the difference maker but he makes the mistake of going for the cannonball to Cole on the floor, but he avoids and goes crashing through a table. That allows UE to isolate Wolfe for a bit until EY makes the save but he gets taken out too. DAIN IS BACK UP AND TAKES THEM ALL OUT! Before hitting Fish with Ulster Plantation for the win. **1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 287
February 14th, 2018

TONIGHT: Dunne/Roddy & Ember/Baszler :mark:

United Kingdom Championship: Pete Dunne vs. Roderick Strong
I forgot how much this ruled, super intense lockup you can see they both have respect for one another, but a title on the line so they want to see who cracks first. Dunne goes to the finger, wrist and arm work early and it rules. Dunne goes for the hand-stomp on the steps, but Roddy avoids and does one of his backbreakers to the side of the steps to take over. Roddy works the back and it's the usual goodness, Roddy makes one mistake and that's attempting the angle slam off the top, but Dunne grabs the injured arm and shoves him to the floor, but Dunne can't follow up as Roddy kills him with about 3 combo strikes before dropping him midsection first onto the ring apron. IDK what it is, but WWE are even worse with their commercials here than they did in 2017. This match and that 6 men from last week have had 3 breaks and it's not even 10 minutes in. The 3rd break cuts out some stuff and they go right into both men trading big moves or working over the body part that was targeted earlier in the match. They do some nice counters where both men have clearly watched tape and used some of the counters that have worked against the other in past matches. E.G. Roddy getting out of the Triangle Choke by catapulting Dunne from the middle rope jaw/throat first into the top rope. He follows up with the Angle Slam off the top for two and does his signature 3 combo spot for another two but Dunne comes right back with the EXplex but Roddy counters out of the Bitter End into the Gibson Driver for two, he now attempts the Strong Hold but Dunne blocks it by going back to the fingers, he does the Raven finger breaker and kicks Roddy in the head before hitting the Bitter End for the win. Damn, I really wanna see this match in full. ***1/4

Recap of the Gargano/Almas feud, and last weeks promo airs.

NEXT WEEK: ALMAS/GARGANO - TITLE VS. CAREER!

Earlier Today, Dream talks to the NXT Media. Female breaks news to him that he will face No Way Jose next week UGH! Dream says Bate said his name, but he's 5 foot nothing, and leaves.

Aleister Black comes down to the ring, he says this path has always led 1 way, it has put him face to face with a sensation and led him to experience and pushed him to his limes in the face of an era. But now there is a devil on his back and that devil is driving him. That devil is the NXT World Championship, and that devil is driving....................But, Killian Dain's music hits and he comes down to the ring. Dain says the Devil isn't on his back, HE IS! And he will not stop until the NXT title is around his waist. But, if he has a problem with that, he is warning him his path will be stopped by Chaos. Black says you crossed me, and you must fade to black.

TM-61 vs. Andrew Duckworth & John Skyler
NOPE!

NXT Woman's Championship: Shayna Baszler vs. Ember Moon
Moon takes the fight to Baszler early, she goes to hit the Eclipse a minute in but Shayna rolls to the floor so Moon hits this sweet looking suicide dive but re-injures her bad arm while doing so. Shayna immediately goes after the arm and it rules, it's not Dunne violent but still really good, they play off the TakeOver finish a lot with Shayna going for the arm bar, they even do the finish with Ember rolling her up but Shayna kicks out this time. AMAZING SPOT! Shayna is pissed now so she throws Ember into the ringpost, and then she puts her arm through the steel rails and just begins kicking the shit out of the arm. But Kairi comes out and attacks Shayna for the DQ. **1/4