Warrior has passed away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The Ultimate Warrior died from a massive heart attack ... this according to the medical examiner who conducted the autopsy, TMZ has learned.

Officials tell TMZ ... the official cause of death for Warrrior -- real name James Hellwig -- was determined to be "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease" ... aka heart disease.

Officials classified Warrior's death as "natural" -- meaning neither drugs nor alcohol were directly involved.

As we previously reported, Warrior clutched his chest outside of an Arizona hotel on April 8 while walking with his wife. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, but never regained consciousness.

Looks like it was from what most expected. Sad news.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Warriors wife should demand a public apology from Nancy Grace.

Reactions: Cena's Jeans Shorts

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Same condition as Randy & Eddie.

Reaction score
While some could argue past steroid use could have been a factor, heredity could have been something he couldn't avoid, short of diet, medication, and surgery. A Bleacher Report article cited a deposition from one of the early lawsuits where Warrior spoke of his father and both grandfathers dying in their 50s.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ath-gives-perspective-to-past-issues-with-wwe

Future admissions from a confidant aside, he had admitted to fearing an early death in the past. In a 1999 deposition (PACER Case 2:06-cv-00535-ROS, Document 180-1), he addressed this in the context of his father's passing at 57 years old three years earlier.

“I’m thinking about, you know — I just had my 37th birthday. I got 20 years left in my life maybe. I mean, you know, I’m doing these calculations in my head. My grandfathers die at 52,” he said.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not sure if people have seen this that don't check wwe.com but his wife left a message which I think is a great read, i'll just link it instead of pasting it in here.

Also, Ultimate Warrior The Ultimate Legend documentary that aired presumably on the Network fairly recently is said to be must see so I've got that on download now and will report back on it.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/dana-warrior-letter-to-wwe-universe-26239057

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
TMZ reports that Nancy Grace has been blackballed by WWE over the way she covered the death of The Ultimate Warrior. WWE is warning current and former Superstars to stay off her show.

TMZ notes that while WWE hasn’t issued any official memos yet, strong word is going around the company that anyone connected to the WWE brand should stay away from Nancy if they want to keep a working relationship.

Don't blame them, only time WWE is covered by 24 hour news channels, it's never positive.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So yeah the Documentary I just mentioned was pretty fucking great in all honesty and is certainly worth an hour of your time. His death is still kind of raw for me which I didn't think it would be but i'll admit I was teary eyed for the last portion of this documentary.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Not sure if people have seen this that don't check wwe.com but his wife left a message which I think is a great read, i'll just link it instead of pasting it in here.

Also, Ultimate Warrior The Ultimate Legend documentary that aired presumably on the Network fairly recently is said to be must see so I've got that on download now and will report back on it.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/dana-warrior-letter-to-wwe-universe-26239057
Yeah, read the letter the other day... really touching... she definitely seems like a truly strong person, and I'm glad to hear that WWE did not overstep or underutilize their efforts to support the family. Also great to know Warrior truly meant so much to his family... that's a great measure of the man.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
That documentary "The Ultimate Legend" is must see. Really lets you see how the story of the Ultimate Warrior went down and how everything worked out with him finally returning to take his spot in the hall. I'll be damned though if I didn't get a little teary-eyed at the end though. Vince's part at the end was heart wrenching.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
WOW! Just watched The Ultimate Legend... you all weren't lying. That was tough... very touching... a lot of cool moments caught on camera, but it all really felt genuine. The moments between he and Vince, and him telling the story about Shane with Linda... so cool.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Really nice video from DDP & Jake. It's great how all these hatchets had been buried with Warrior before he sadly passed.​