Warrior has passed away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This is what makes it difficult being a wrestling fan.....You get these tremendous highs and then you have these lows.

Reactions: Prodigy

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
9:52 PM PT -- Officials tell TMZ ... Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th ... while walking to his car with his wife.

Warrior was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was pronounced dead.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2yMVayagN

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Sounds like his heart just exploded :(

Blujay

Reaction score
I still can't wrap my head around this... Something seemed off about him Monday but I didn't think anything of it. At first I noticed his walk was funny. Just chalked it up to his knees goin' with age... Then we he started getting winded during the promo I was suspicious... Then he couldn't even shake the ropes at the end. With all the weirdness that surrounds Warrior I wouldn't be surprised if he really knew the clock was about up.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So he just dropped dead? Heart finally enlarged enough perhaps

It was a work? Can't kayfabe this, would be like me saying I was always a fan......I was before I met him. Not going to lie, that meeting tainted everything, but I can say.....He left me with memories, and for the most part.....Very good memories, there was a time he was my hero, I thought he was Native American, and when you are, you don't have many good role models......I think it's time I just go back to that memory and forget the petty shit.

Reaction score
You just never know when it's someone's time. He's one of those I thought would live a long time. You never heard stories of him indulging, in fact he tended to be like Jack LaLaine as far as believing in engaging in a very disciplined life of vigorous exercise and strict, clean eating. You see someone looking so full of vigor one day and then gone the next.

I was a major mark for this guy as a kid when he first came up to the WWF after his run as Dingo Warrior. Saw his first TV matches and was hooked.

I gotta respect the guy for being able to walk away when he could have stayed for the money and been unhappy. Dude got out of the business, had a family and would often write on his website about how proud he was of his kids, how much he loved the little things about being a dad and watching his kids learn and grow. What an absolute tragedy for his wife and two girls.

There was a pic posted after Raw last night of Warrior and Vince hugging. If there's any consolation to any of this, it's knowing that man made some sort of peace with the business and with Vince. For all the angry missives he write in his war with Vince and the WWE, I think a lot of it was fueled by being trying to process how things went wrong.

I think Ted Dibiase had it a bit wrong when he kept criticizing Warrior for not appreciating the business. I think back to a shoot interview he did about ten years ago. He laughed at the idea that anyone carries a promotion, insisting that it's about everyone doing their job, from the guys putting over the stars to the production guys you never see or hear about. He sat there thoughtfully when asked if there was any message he'd want to leave with his fans and thanked them for letting him in, for giving him a chance to be a part of their lives.

Everyone has their flaws, he's no different. But I also think deep down, despite some of the outlandish stuff he wrote, when he sat and talked thoughtfully about things, you get the sense of a man who really got the big picture.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing maybe he knew his time was coming. Illness or maybe he had some heart problem hence why he accepted the HOF induction and everything and made up with Vince, etc. Then that RAW promo last night. Wow. He seemed a little worse this past week if you compare him to this video from last year.

Reaction score
I'm not really seeing anything unusual myself, but I'm no doctor. The dude has a very strained gait, but he completely blew out one knee a few years ago working that comeback match in Spain. Even before he totally blew out that knee, he had a very labored walk like had bad wheels. No surprise to hear of a wrestler with shot knees later in life.

His making up with Vince really came as no real surprise. Once he did that commercial, it seemed that the Hall of Fame was a near certainty. I think personally that the seeds of reconciliation came from the conclusion of the defamation lawsuit around the Self Destruction DVD, of all things.

When everything was coming to an end, Warrior wrote about the deposition, namely that of Vince himself. He wrote how Vince was asked what he thought of Warrior as an employee, how Vince's answer stunned him, his attorney, maybe everyone in the room. He then went on to say, with some regret I think, that had he known that back then, things might have been very different.

For all his criticisms of Vince, he never failed to put over the man either. He always complimented him on being a hard worker, having a unique vision he was determined to see through, even when everyone else thought he was crazy.

And on a random note, the last time I heard the Ultimate Warrior theme song on Raw was when Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco were coming out to Hulk's then Warrior's theme songs. So glad the last time I'll ever hear that music blaring through the speakers on RAW was done the right way, with fans chanting, cheering and marking out.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Reaction score
Website
mobile.twitter.com
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
aliciafox2
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
gailkim2
Favorite Wrestler
kharma
I'm stunned at the news of Warrior's passing....I'm glad he at least got to be there for his HOF induction :'(

Hot Rod

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
I'm just heartbroken...The Ultimate Warrior is one of my idols and one of the main reasons why I got into professional wrestling.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Freaking scary how sudden this happened right after his inspiring Raw promo and HoF celebration. The timing is surreal. There's this eery storybook feeling about it mixed with a cruel reminder of mortality. RIP Warrior. It's comforting and extremely fortunate he was able to celebrate his legacy and find peace before his time was up.

This is unbelievable.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Absolutely shocked by this. RIP Warrior

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Can't believe he was just 54. Really tragic for him, but more so for his family. A fitting send off going into the HOF at least. RIP

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Fucking gutted by this news, what an awful way to start any day.

Can't believe that the guy was just here taking his place in the HOF where he rightfully belonged and then out on RAW on Monday to get what would now be the one last pop that he deserved.

For all the flak he seemed to get about being some crazy bastard which he may very well have been in his character, outside of it he just seemed like a good guy who was enjoying his life and being around his family while staying out of the headlines whether they be scandals (Hulk) or guys who's lives were falling apart due to drugs and what not.

I'm just glad for everyone associated with the WWE, his family and all us fans that he managed to reconcile and our last memories of him are of him in a good place back home where belonged and there's no what if's left like there is for a Savage etc. I'm also just reading from Hulk that he managed to sort things out with Warrior too which I hope is true.

RIP to the guy, if only more people could have his infectious attitude and positivity.

Reactions: Cena's Jeans Shorts