UWA - Universal Wrestling Alliance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Haight

Reaction score
BM: Six Pac Challenge -

WM: All were good

BP: Hunter/Michaels/JBL

WP: Backstage in Eric Bischoff's Office

AC: Compared to last weeks Ignition, it seemed that you were short about two matches,but I'm guessing that the length of the Main Event was supposed to fill the time. Anyways it was a good show...look forward to reading more

Rating: 7/10

Yesterday

Reaction score
Best Match: Main Event. A Six Pac Challenge in my eyes is the best match in the history of best matches, and combining the best talent of the roster together to produce a contest, that's always a bonus. Loved how Jeff was eliminated, how the match simply changed to him nearly getting a victory to being eliminated just like that.
Worst Match: Cody Rhodes vs MVP. Was a hard choice this, as the show was really well written, but I have a dislike for MVP and wasn't too pleased how he won, especially by cheating.
Best Promo: King Booker's Promo. BEST-GIMMICK-EVER!
Worst Promo: Can't really pick one to be honest...
Additional: Pretty new to the whole concept of BTB, and yours was the first I read. I've gotta say, I really enjoy your writing style. You detail the match perfectly and show strong knowledge of your roster, which is a plus :D

CT Styles

WrestlingInsidercopy.png

Wrestling News

UWA News, Rumors & Spoilers
This week on Ignition, Shawn Michaels will most likely be opening the show. There will be a match up between John Morrison and Randy Orton and Michaels and Orton will most likely talk to each other on the show.

Rob Van Dam & Test
Rob Van Dam will most likely be making his debut this week. He has been training along with Test and AJ Styles. Styles is said to be impressed with Van Dam and Martin.

Prodigy Title
The Prodigy Championship is going to have a special age limit from now on. You must be 27 Years or younger to hold it. UWA will be releasing two new titles in the coming weeks. One of them coming with a new division with which we are aware of. It will the Xtreme Division along with the Xtreme Division Title. This will be from what we think, to compete with TNA's 'X-Division'. The other title will be a midcard/upper midcard championship. They decided that the Prodigy Championship was more for an 'up and comer'.

World Tag Titles
Since the titles are vacant, UWA has decided to scrap the tag division for now. No-one seems to care about it so it is pointless having it.

Wrestlemania 24
As we have stated in the last coming weeks, Wrestlemania will be held in Houston, Texas. There are matches that have been rumored to be happening but haven't been confirmed. One which is a match that will happen annually like the 'Money in the Bank'. We have heard they have been planning a 'Past vs Present vs Future' match. Which would mean a rising star, a current star and a legend going one on one.

The Michaels Attack Angle and the JBL/GM Angle
The current plans for the Michaels storyline say that anytime soon the attacker will come forward. We are currently unaware of who it is but Randy Orton is supposed to be getting a feud out of it. That will most likely go to Wrestlemania. We are unsure whether it is JBL but he will most likely go back to his role as GM.

Bret Hart
Bret Hart will most likely disappear from TV for now. But will come back for Wrestlemania. It seems pretty obvious that he will be used for the 'rumored' Past vs Present vs Future match.

Gauntlet for Glory Qualifiers
At house show superstars have been qualifying for Gauntlet for Glory. The Superstars so far..

AJ Styles
Booker T
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Elijah Burke
Jeff Hardy
John Cena
Edge
Doane
MVP
Cody Rhodes
Randy Orton
Santino Marella
Albert
Undertaker
DH Smith
Jamie Noble
Snitsky
Charlie Haas
Val Venis
JBL

Expect RVD & Test to qualify and some legends will make appearances in the match.

MikeRaw

BM:The main event was great. It was well written and I didnt think Morrison would win. Good job on that, and i also dont know what was up with HBK's music hitting, that might turn into something cool.

WM: Rhodes vs MVP. This one was short, considering you only had 3 matches on the card, but it wasnt horrible...

BP: HBK/HHH and JBL was awesome! Very good way to open the show. Maybe a feud there? IDK,lol, but great promo.

A/C: Good show. Your main event had a twist with HBK's music hitting but not him coming out, and I cant believe Morrison won! Your second match (rhodes/mvp) was a little short but the first one was a good opening match as well. Promos werent bad either. I enjoyed the one. Well done, keep improving.

Wow, cant wait for RVD, I wanna see what you do with him.
And I also wanna see Bret Hart at WM.
Good job man.

CT Styles

Official UWA Ignition Preview

This week UWA Ignition comes to you LIVE from Kansas, Wichita in the Britt Brown Arena!

After last week's shock firing of John 'Bradshaw' Layfield as General Manager, UWA is without a GM. Eric Bischoff will be running Ignition this week and wants to get down to business and find out who Shawn Michaels' attacker is. Speaking of Michaels, he will be opening the show with a so called big announcement.

Last week there was the Six Pac Challenge that ended in controversial circumstances with John Morrison picking up a surprise win. Shawn Michaels' music hit and everyone thought he was coming down to help Randy Orton who is his supposed 'friend' although it hasn't been confirmed. The music ended up costing Orton the win and giving John Morrison a shot at Triple H's title at Gauntlet for Glory.

Speaking of the Six Pac Challenge John Morrison, as well as facing Randy Orton one on one will have to face Triple H on the mic. No doubt Triple H will have some words for Morrison regarding Gauntlet for Glory.

Eric Bischoff, as well as having to try and find Michaels' attacker has an announcement to make during the night as well. He said it will make a hell of a difference to Monday Nights.

Confirmed Card

John Morrison vs Randy Orton

Shawn Michaels opens the show

Eric Bischoff has a major announcement

Qwake

lokks like a great show, I will be checking this out...

Evil Austin

I have a feeling Morrison will beat Orton and Ill be reading this coming up show looks good,

CT Styles

IgnitionLogocopy-1.png

'Enemy' by Fozzy plays throughout the arena as UWA Ignition is beginning. Pyro goes off on the stage and we are greeted by our commentary team, JR & King.

December 10, 2007

JR: Good evening and welcome ladies & gentleman. We are here live from ... and what a show we have in store. Last week Shawn Michaels was attacked brutally backstage and he will be talking to us later in the show regarding that matter.

King: That should be very interesting. And also, we have a rematch from the Six Pac Challenge. John Morrison, the new number one contender for Triple H's UWA World Heavyweight Championship will be taking on Randy Orton.

JR: Well King, we have a hell of a night ahead of us.

'I'm Back!' hits and Eric Bischoff walks down the ramp holding a bag. He steps through the ropes and stands in the center of the ring, holding the bag.

Eric: You may have read that I am here to make an announcement. It's regarding the current title scene in UWA. You see, a new rule has been added to the Prodigy Title. You have to be 27 or under in order to be eligible to challenge for the title. I thought since the Prodigy title is, a younger persons title. Why not, bring in a proper second tier title? So I have been thinking about it for a while now and I finally have come up with the name and a belt for it. Ladies & Gentleman, say hello to the UWA Intercontinental Championship!

Bischoff holds up the title.

Now tonight, this title will be up for grabs. But that's later. Let's talk about now. I also have something else in this bag of mine, and this is something else I've been think about for quite a long time as well. The UWA has a lot of excitement machines on the roster so why not give them the opportunity to showcase their talents? That is why we will have this Division as well as title, the UWA Xtreme Division! Anything goes!

Bischoff holds up the UWA Xtreme Title. The crowd cheer.

Eric: And NOW will be the time we crown the champion in an an anything goes first Xtreme Division Match on UWA Television. It will be a first pinfall wins match. So anyone wanting to be apart of this match come down now!

'Can You Dig it Sucka!?' hits and Booker T comes down to boos.

'I'm Comin'!' hits and MVP comes down to the ring with heat.

No-one else comes down...

'One of a Kind!' hits and Rob Van Dam comes down! The crowd give a massive pop as UWA's latest talent to debut on TV comes down. Everyone is shocked, including the competitors in the ring.

Eric: Welcome to UWA, Rob. Let's see if you can start off with a bang!

Match 1
Xtreme Division Championship
Rob Van Dam vs Booker T vs MVP

All three men stand in their respective corners and then gradually eliminate the space between them. Booker T catches RVD off guard and kicks him in the gut and shields off MVP with a roundhouse kick. Booker T keeps a hold of RVD by his hair as he is bent over due to the force of the kick. Booker guides RVD to the corner and smacks him face-first onto the turnbuckle before whipping him to the opposite corner. Booker follows him up but is interrupted by a clothesline from MVP on the way. MVP then stomps away at the fallen Booker. Booker continues to be punished by MVP as RVD goes to the outside of the ring. MVP concludes the punishing of Booker and is rewarded with a chairshot to the face. MVP stumbles down to the canvas and RVD pins, 1...2 Booker pulls him off. Booker then gets up and tries a Harlem Kick but RVD dodges it and runs to the ropes behind Booker. On the rebound RVD lands a spinning heel kick on Booker and then taunts the crowd for the 'Rolling Thunder'. RVD runs to the ropes behind him and rebounds off performing somersaults. RVD is heading for Booker and then pushes off the ground but MVP manages to throw the chair at RVD.

The 'Rolling Thunder' was interrupted by MVP and MVP starts to stumble back up to two feet. MVP guides up Booker by the hair and whips him to the ropes. Booker holds on and that forces MVP to charge at him. Booker low-bridges him though and MVP falls to the outside. Booker follows him out and starts to attack him on the outside. In the ring RVD is recovering and he sees where his opponents are and gathers the chair. He then throws it through the ropes and it hits Booker on the back. RVD then runs and springboards off the ropes to nail a cross-body on MVP. He stays in position so it's a pin, 1...2... MVP kicks out. RVD springs back up and looks under the ring. He pulls out a trashcan and grabs the steel chair from where it hit Booker. Booker starts to get up, expressing the pain through his facial expression and turns around into a trashcan shot. The can dents as it makes contact with Booker's head. Booker is groggy and RVD throws a chair at him, Booker catches and RVD jumps up to perform a Van-Daminator but Booker steps back and it doesn't connect. RVD approaches Booker again but is greeted with a roundhouse kick and Booker follows it up with a knee drop.

MVP has semi-recovered and Booker is unaware of that as he continues his punishment on RVD. MVP nails a low-blow on Booker from behind and Booker falls down to the ground. MVP gets an arm over him, 1...2... RVD pulls him off from his position on the ground. RVD has started to regain some composure and gets back to two feet eventually. RVD and MVP are now the only ones up. They start to trade blows, RVD with forearms and MVP with right hands. This spills onto the entrance ramp. MVP guides RVD into the side rails and smacks his head on it. MVP starts to punish RVD on the side rails but is soon interrupted by a recovered Booker T who charges at the two collecting them with the steel chairs. Booker nails RVD three times with the chair front on and RVD is busted open from the forehead. Booker goes to hit MVP again but he was ready and he nails a strong big boot into the chair that hits Booker in the face and he stumbles groggily. MVP then leaps forward with a strong flying clothesline and Booker's head smacks on the entrance ramp floor. MVP drops down to hook the long leg of Booker, 1...2... Booker kicks out. MVP gets up and turns around to RVD.

RVD is bloody and starts to use MVP's legs as leverage to get up. MVP smirks at him and then shoves him off. Booker is back up and goes to whip MVP but MVP reverses and whips Booker back into the direction of the ring. Booker runs into the side of the ring but puts his hands out to block the force. MVP is right behind him and shoves himself into Booker, forcing Booker into the edge of the ring. RVD is close behind surprisingly and he slides to the ground to look under the ring. He grabs a table and slides it out but is forced to lean it on the barricade when MVP realizes he has recovered. MVP lands some stiff right hands to the bloody face of RVD and RVD responds with some kicks, forming a kicking combo that knocks MVP back. RVD uses that opportunity to have a breather since Booker is concentrated on MVP, RVD goes in the ring. Booker kicks MVP in the gut and sets him up for the scissors kick. He retreats back and then returns nailing the devastating move, driving MVP's face into the ground. Booker taunts the crowd in front of the leaning table. He turns around and RVD is airborne from the top rope corner. RVD nails the Five Star Frogsplash from the top rope, driving himself and Booker through the table!

RVD starts to move and hooks the leg of Booker, 1...2...3

Winner & First UWA Xtreme Division Champion - Rob Van Dam via Pinfall

RVD suddenly comes to life when he is handed the belt and slides in the ring to celebrate with the crowd. He climbs all corners of the ring holding up the belt. The crowd pop until...

'I'm Back!' hits and Eric Bischoff stands on top of the ramp.

Eric: Rob, that was a magnificent match and win for you. You're now currently the UWA Xtreme Division Champion. Congratulations, and I mean that. Now, since you have become the Xtreme Division Champion, you know you're going to have to take on a lot of challengers right.

RVD reacts in the ring.

Eric: Because, well, you're not the only person to debut tonight.

Crowd Pop.

Eric: Because there is a man you are about to face for that title and he is going to become the new champion. The man who is debuting... well, he's behind you. Enjoy! Ref, ring the bell!

RVD turns around and.. It's Matt Hardy!

Match 2
Xtreme Division Championship
Rob Van Dam(c) vs Matt Hardy

As soon as RVD turned around Matt went for the roll-up, 1...2... No! RVD somehow kicks out! Matt is obviously in better condition that RVD and it's noticeable. Matt guides RVD up by the hair and gets him in the corner but out of nowhere RVD springs to life and unleashes numerous forearms followed by kicks and Hardy is getting put in his place. RVD whips him to the ropes and on the rebound jumps up to connect with a kick to the face of Hardy but Hardy. Hardy ducks and continues to run to the ropes and rebound off the other ones. Hardy rebounds and catches RVD off-guard with a Side Effect. Hardy makes the confident cover, 1...2... RVD kicks out! The bloody RVD somehow kicks out. Hardy gets up and taunts the crowd as RVD slowly gets to his feet. Once RVD is there, he goes for an Enzuiguri but Matt catches and releases the foot of RVD. He lands on his feet and goes for a high kick but Hardy ducks then follows it up with a kick to the gut and plants RVD with a devastating Twist of Fate and he makes the pin to boos, 1...2...3

Winner & New Xtreme Division Champion - Matt Hardy via Pinfall

Matt Hardy's theme song plays throughout the arena as he holds up the title to boos.

'I'm Back!' interrupts the celebration of Matt Hardy.

Eric: Matt, congratulations. I knew you could do it and you thoroughly deserve that title. Use it wisely. And Rob, what can I say? Tough luck!

JR: Gee that Eric Bischoff really does make me angry sometimes. He screws Rob Van Dam out of having the new Xtreme Division Title.

King: Technically, he didn't screw him out of the title. He just gave him a math when he wasn't ready.

JR: It's still just not fair and I feel sorry for Rob Van Dam. On the other hand though, we have two new members of the UWA roster!

Commercial Break

In Eric Bischoff's Office

Eric Bischoff is seen sitting in his office. The camera zooms in.

Eric: Ladies & Gentleman, as I mentioned earlier, the newest title to be introduced in UWA is the UWA Intercontinental Championship. Now, as I said earlier, we will find a new holder of that tonight. I have studied the roster, trying to find some worthy superstars to battle it out and I have come to a final few.

Crowd Pop.

Eric: The following, will be battling each other in a Fatal-4-Way Elimination Match later on in the night. MVP, who has requested to be in it even after the previous match, Santino Marella, Jeff Hardy & CM Punk. Enjoy!

Back at the Ring.

John Morrison's music hits and he comes down to a 50/50 reaction.

John: Ladies & gentleman, the Shaman of Sexy, the Monday Night Delight is now.. the #1 Contender for Triple H's UWA World Heavyweight Championship! At Gauntlet for Glory, Triple H won't have to be the only one worrying, the winner of the Gauntlet will have to be worrying about Wrestlemania when he has to face, ME!

'King of Kings' hits and UWA World Heavyweight Champion Triple H comes down to the ring to mostly boos.

Hunter: John, John, John. Who are you kidding? The 'Cerebral Assassin', 'The King of Kings' has finally regained his thrown and you think you can take that away from me? Think again. I'm back in the driver's seat and no-one is taking this power away from me. And that counts you and your mirror okay Orlando? You pretty boys think you can run this joint, you're wrong!

John: Wait, Hunter, Who do you think you are talking to me like that?

Hunter starts to point at the title over his shoulder and says something off the mic.

Hunter: I'm the UWA World Heavyweight Champ! That's who! And I don't think who I am, I know who I am!

John: Look Hunter, Our match is at Gauntlet for Glory, not here. So let's just act like men here and keep it clean. All I'm saying is I think I'm gonna win and that's that. If you think otherwise then that's your opinion. But 'The Shaman of Sexy', 'The Monday Night Delight' will be walking out of Gauntlet for Glory wearing the UWA World Heavyweight Championship!

John Morrison's music hits and he leaves the ring while Hunter just stands there smirking.

Commercial Break

Italian Music hits and Santino Marella comes to the ring with Albert.

JR: Here is the loudmouth, Santino Marella. Now I wouldn't count Santino out of this match only because of the man in his corner.

King: Exactly and that is why I wouldn't be surprised is he gets the win here tonight.

'I'm Comin'!' hits and MVP comes down to the ring looking confident.

JR: Here is a former champion, MVP. No doubt he would like to get gold around his waist again.

King: I'd bet money on that, JR. MVP loves to win.

'This Fire Burns' hits and 'The Straightedge Superstar' CM Punk comes down to a massive pop.

JR: CM Punk has the opportunity to win his first ever gold right here tonight, JR.

King: And what an ovation we will get if he achieves that.

'No More Words' hits and Jeff Hardy comes out to an also massive pop.

JR: The rainbow haired warrior, Jeff Hardy. I don't think I have to say anything more.

King: No you don't JR. Jeff Hardy is an amazing athlete.

Match 3
UWA Intercontinental Championship
Fatal-4-Way Elimination Match
Santino Marella w/Albert vs Jeff Hardy vs MVP vs CM Punk

Santino and Hardy go at it in the center of the ring while Punk and MVP go at it in the corner. MVP gets a straight right hand into the face of Punk and that knocks him groggy. MVP uses that to his advantage and smacks Punk's head on the top turnbuckle. Punk comes off and MVP performs a belly to back suplex and follows it up with a cover, 1...2 Punk kicks out. MVP guides Punk back up by the hair and keeps a hold of Punk's long hair and lands some straight right hands into the face. Meanwhile, Santino surprisingly has Hardy under control and brings him out of the corner and kicks the hamstrings of Hardy as he gets out of the corner. Hardy's hamstrings eventually give in and Hardy falls down to the canvas. Santino follows that up with a leg drop and pins the hurt Hardy, 1...2 Hardy kicks out. Hardy gets back up and Santino is already prepared and rebounds off the ropes and performs a running low dropkick to the face of Hardy when he is on his knees. Hardy falls back and Marella follows it up with another pinning attempt, 1....2.. Hardy kicks out. Marella is starting to get frustrated with Hardy's resilience.

Punk has started to regain the upper-hand on MVP with a kicking combo followed by a clothesline. MVP is down and Punk goes over to help Hardy with Marella. Marella is about to kick Hardy in the face when he suddenly gets hit with a knee to the face. Marella falls backwards but manages to keep his feet. Punk then whips him to the corner and follows him up with a shining wizard and a running bulldog combo. Punk then hooks the leg, 1...2... Marella kicks out. Punk then gets up and starts measuring Marella but is taken out by an oncoming recovered MVP. MVP nails a big boot to the face of Punk and he falls backwards onto the canvas. Hardy helps him out though, he kicks MVP in the gut but MVP catches his foot. Hardy follows it up with a mule kick and MVP falls back. Marella appears behind Hardy and takes him out with a reverse DDT. Punk has recovered and grabs Marella by the tights to roll him up, 1...2... Marella just kicks out. Marella gets up cockily as if to say it wasn't good enough and turns around only to be greeted by CM Punk who lifts him up for the Anaconda Vice and.. It's locked in! Santino immediately taps.

Santino Marella Eliminated

Albert, Santino's bodyguard runs in and tries to attack Punk but Punk sidesteps him and turns around into a kick to the gut and a dropkick from the recovered Hardy. Punk and Hardy then whip him to the corner. Punk does his shining wizard and Albert stumbles out of the corner. Hardy then runs past and runs up the turnbuckles to flip off with a 'Whisper in the Wind' that connects with Albert. He rolls out of the ring. Hardy has a breather but then gets attacked by MVP from behind and MVP sets him up for a belly-to-back suplex that connects. Punk charges at him but MVP sidesteps him and he falls to the outside. Hardy is on his knees from the suplex and MVP confidently and quickly sets him up for 'Playmaker' and nails it. MVP pins Hardy, 1...2...3

Jeff Hardy Eliminated

Much to the surprise of the audience Jeff Hardy is eliminated. Punk gets back in the ring to face MVP. They stare off and then lock up. MVP pushes Punk to the ropes and Punk rebounds off to the opposite ones. He then comes back in search of a knee to the face but MVP sidesteps and on the rebound Punk walks into a big boot but dodges it and goes for a high angle kick but MVP ducks and pokes the eye of Punk. Punk is now groggy and MVP takes advantage of that. He whips Punk strongly to the corner and then cockily walks over. He reaches Punk and knees him hard in the guts numerous times until Punk slowly slides down and is now in a sitting position. MVP backs away slowly and taunts the crowd before charging at Punk and nailing the Face-Wash. MVP then grabs Punk by the boot and slides his lifeless body into the center of the ring. He taunts the crowd with the 'Ballin' Elbow' taunt and rebounds off the ropes. He goes to connect with the elbow drop and... Nails it. He then confidently hooks the leg of Punk, 1...2... Punk somehow kicks out.

MVP picks up Punk by the hair and is extremely frustrated with how the match has panned out since he eliminated Hardy. He whips him to the ropes and Punk hardly makes it with his hurt, lifeless body. MVP awaits Punk and performs a big boot maneuver but Punk ducks! Punk suddenly springs to life and ducks the kick to appear behind MVP. MVP turns around to collect the lifeless Punk but Punk isn't as lifeless as he thought and lifts up MVP for a Fireman's Carry but MVP wriggles out and goes for a clothesline but Punk ducks and MVP ends up doing a 180. He then gets lifted up again by Punk, this time for the last time. Punk performs a GTS! It's all over, 1...2...3

MVP Eliminated

Winner & First UWA Intercontinental Champion - CM Punk via Pinfall

JR: King! We have a UWA Intercontinental Champion! CM Punk!

King: What a win for the young CM Punk, his first UWA title.

JR: And he's the first champion as well.

King: What a great memory for UWA. It'll definitely go down in history, especially since it's the first Intercontinental Champion.

Commercial Break

We return and Chris Jericho's 'Highlight Reel' Segment is set up in the ring.

5...4...3...2...1...0... 'Break Down the Walls' hits and Chris Jericho comes down to the ring in street clothes.

Jericho: Ladies & Gentleman, Boys & Girls and the Jericho-O-Holics of all ages. Welcome to yet another edition of 'The Highlight Reel'. Everyone's favorite UWA Ignition segment. Tonight, I'll be interviewing a man, who has achieved quite a lot in the business of Sports-Entertainment but was unlucky, or quite possibly punished justly last week. John 'Bradshaw' Layfield is the man.

JBL's music hits and he comes down to the ring in his usual suit.

Jericho: John, welcome to 'The Highligh...

JBL: Chris, shut up. I am J-B-L and I don't need to be welcomed. You know I'm here. Last week I was fired unjustly. Eric Bischoff seems to think, that I was the one who beat up Shawn Michaels last week. J-B-L doesn't need to attack someone from behind to beat them up. I fight a fair fight and beat them up fair and square.

Jericho smirks.

Jericho: To be honest John, I find that quite hard to believe. 'JBL' and 'Fair and Square' in the same sentence? Come on.

JBL: Did I give you permission to speak? Be quiet. The bottom line is, I did not commit the cowardly act and I should be reinstated UWA Ignition General Manager.

Jericho: I don't think you should, John. I think that you did do it. I think that you're lying through your teeth. I think you know that I know, that these people know, that Shawn Michaels knows you did it.

'I'm Back!' hits and UWA Owner Eric Bischoff comes down to the ring with a smile on his face.

Eric: John, You wanna know why I fired you? One, because I simply don't like you. Two, because of reason one and when the Shawn Michaels attack came I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to fire you. Even if you did it.

Jericho suddenly has inquiring expression towards Eric.

Jericho: Seemed like a pretty convenient issue for you to have done.

Eric: It wa... Wait, what are you saying?

Jericho: You wanna know what I'm saying, Eric? You wanna know what I'm saying? I'm saying that I think you did it. I think you took out Michaels to have an excuse to fire John.

JBL: Is that right Eric?

Eric: You two better stop it now or I'll have you both fired from UWA altogether!

Jericho: Why so insecure Eric?

Eric: I'm not insecure, I'm confident just like I was when I organized it!

Suddenly Eric flees the ring and a massive man is in the ring with a steel chair and he attacks JBL and Jericho. He is merciless and doesn't stop. He grabs part of the set and hits them with that too. Both Jericho and JBL are busted open and Eric goes back in the ring and holds up the arm of the man.

Eric: Ladies & Gentleman, my bodyguard, my enforcer, Test!

Crowd boos.

JR: My god! I think we have an answer as to who took out Michaels.

King: I think we do too.

Commercial Break

'Burn in my Light' hits and 'The Legend Killer' Randy Orton comes down to the ring.

JR: The third generation superstar, the youngest UWA World Heavyweight Champion, Randy Orton.

King: Who do you think has the win, JR?

JR: I would have to go with Randy Orton, King. But don't discount John Morrison. He's very talented.

John Morrison's music hits and the #1 Contender comes down.

King: Speaking of Morrison, here he is. The #1 Contender, does he have a chance?

JR: My word he has a chance. He's an amazingly gifted athlete, King.

Main Event
Single

The two young, talented athletes lock up. Orton pushes Morrison to the ropes and they are released. Morrison then pushes Orton with one hand and Orton backs away into the center with a smirk on his face. Morrison approaches Orton again and they lock up. This time Morrison gets the upper-hand and manages to lock Orton in a side headlock. Orton manages to get out but Morrison moves into position for a falling neckbreaker slam. He quickly goes for the pin, 1... Orton kicks out. Morrison gets back up and Orton isn't far behind him. Orton immediately catches Morrison by surprise with a forearm shot to the face. Morrison stumbles a little but regains his composure. Orton grabs him by the hair and throws him into the corner and unleashes numerous right hands. Morrison is getting demolished by the deadly right hands from Orton. Orton doesn't even let Morrison breathe until he is separated by the referee. Morrison stumbles out of the corner and Orton greets him with a strong European Uppercut and Morrison falls down to the canvas. Orton has a sadistic look on his face by this.

Orton then surveys the damage done on Morrison and circles around him before performing the punishing 'Randy Orton Stomp' on the lifeless body of Morrison. Orton finishes off the punishment with a deadly knee drop and hooks the leg of Morrison, 1...2... Morrison kicks out. Orton allows Morrison to get up. Orton swings at him but Morrison manages to duck it and springboards off the ropes to connect with a springboard Enzuiguri to the back of Orton's head. He falls to the canvas and Morrison covers him, 1...2 Orton kicks out. Morrison starts to measure Orton. As Orton gets up Morrison starts to stomp away at the vulnerable and exposed body of Orton. Morrison eventually restrains himself away from Orton. This gives Orton a chance to get up and charge at Morrison. Morrison sidesteps him though. Orton rebounds off the ropes and is greeted with hard forearm shots from Morrison. Morrison starts to build up a lot of momentum. Orton is in the corner and Morrison nails a standing dropkick that makes Orton stumble out and eventually hit the canvas.

Morrison then starts to climb the ropes. He reaches the top rope in the corner and then leaps off with a corkscrew moonsault that connects with Orton. He makes it a pinning combo, 1...2.. Orton kicks out. Morrison doesn't show his frustration but everyone knows he is holding a lot in. He taunts the crowd for the 'Morrison Makeover' and they give a 50/50 response. Orton stumbles up and Morrison rebounds off the ropes and attempts to hit the devastating maneuver but Orton somehow gets out of the way. Morrison gets his balance back and turns around... RKO!! Orton hits the RKO out of nowhere! 1...2...3

Winner - Randy Orton via Pinfall

Orton walks backwards up the ramp looking at what he has left in the ring.

Commercial Break

'Sexy Boy' hits and everyone cheers as Shawn Michaels walks down the ramp in his HBK T-Shirt, jeans and cowboy boots. Shawn enters the ring and stands in the ring with a serious expression on his face. He soaks in the applause and pop and then begins to speak. The cheering dies down.

Michaels: Ladies & Gentleman, you all know me as 'The Show Stopper', 'The Headliner', 'The Main Event', 'The Heartbreak Kid' and the list goes on.. At this very moment though, you will be speaking with Shawn Michaels. As you may know, last week I was attacked. Now, tonight we found out that our owner, Eric Bischoff used me to sack JBL as General Manager. Don't get worked up or anything, I'm not out here to seek revenge.

Michaels pauses and looks up at the sky. He then returns to the microphone.

Michaels: Now.. Now I have been seriously thinking lately. I've been thinking about one thing in particular. Now don't think last week made me reach this decision but it certainly helped. Another name you may know me by is, 'Mr. Wrestlemania'. And Mr. Wrestlemania will be performing at Wrestlemania this year, don't get me wrong.

Michaels pauses again and then wipes a tear from his eye. The crowd are starting to catch on to what he is trying to say.

Michaels: This year, Wrestlemania 24, Houston, Texas. What a great location, Huh?

Michaels forces a smile onto a face that is tattooed with sadness.

Michaels: Texas, the state where I was bred, not born but definitely bred.

A fan yells out 'I love you Shawn!'

Michaels: Ladies & Gentleman I would now like to tell you why I am out here. The reason I came out is because..

Michaels pauses again and wipes a tear off his cheek.

Michaels: Is because my professional wrestling career will not go on after Wrestlemania.

Michaels is almost crying now and wipes the tears away. The crowd feel the same emotions as him.

Michaels: I have had the best career you could ever imagine. I have done it all, I have been cheered on by the best possible people in you guys, I have headlined Wrestlemania's and Main Evented shows. I have loved every moment of this blessing of a career.

Michaels almost cannot go on. He continues to wipe the tears away.

Michaels: Sooner to the date of Wrestlemania I will announce who I have chosen as my opponent. To wrestle, one last time.

Michaels pauses and can see fans crying as well.

Michaels: I don't want you to be sad, I don't want you to cry, I want you to be happy. Because I am going to be giving you the greatest match in the history of Sports-Entertainment. I'm going to give you 'The Show Stopper', I'm going to give you 'The Headliner', I'm going to give you 'The Main Event', I'm going to give you 'The Heartbreak Kid', I'm going to give you 'Mr. Wrestlemania' and I will give you this man right here, Shawn Michaels.

Michaels starts sobbing.

Michaels: I would like to thank every single one of you for listening. And get ready for Wrestlemania!

UWA Ignition goes off the air.

The Rated R CMStar

BM: Randy Orton vs John Morrison, interesting pairing to say the least, I was shocked to see Orton win over the Number One Contender, and so I say it was a bad decision, however the rest of the match was well done. The multiman matches were good as well.

WM: RVD vs Hardy, I knew why, but it was too short.

BP: The last one from HBK. It was very in character, some details would have made it even better, but it was awesome, even if I don't want him to retire. His opponent...Bret Hart? Ric Flair?

WP: None, altough Bischoff could have been more hateable on his promos

AC: Good work, all and all it was a good show. You tend to mix the hype for PPVs, so I'll correct that as it gets confusing, just focus on Gauntlet for Glory and then on Wrestlemania, but don't do it at the same time or it gets confusing. Amazing show, altough now I miss the wrestlers you fired on the beginning. I will be reviewing.

Check out BTW, show has been posted. And get to work on that Match Preview Banners, lol.

Michael1

Reaction score
Best Match: Randy Orton vs John Morrison. Fan of both of these guys and I have to say the match was pretty darn good. But, unless you're planning on adding Randy Orton in the title hunt, I think it would've been a better idea to put John Morrison over.

Worst Match: None really. If I have to, Rob Van Dam vs Matt Hardy, only because it was too short. But I'm glad to see Matt Hardy in UWA.

Best Promo: Shawn Michaels by far. It really leaves you with a lot of questions, the one I want to know most, against who will it be against? JBL? Bret Hart? It was also very in character.

Worst Promo: None really. All were great, and got across. They all served a purpose.

Additional Thoughts: I've been reading this alot, just never got around to reviewing. Now I am. And I must say, I'm a really big fan of your work. I'm wondering what's going to happen with Test. Who is he going to feud with. Maybe get involved with both, Chris Jericho and JBL? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Good show.

Check out WWE: The Do Over.

CT Styles

WrestlingInsidercopy.png

Wrestling News

John Morrison/Orton
The reason for Orton not putting Morrison over was simply because they wanted it to be an unexpected finish. Everyone was predicting Morrison to win and Orton is said to be inline for a push.

The JBL/Test/Y2J/Bischoff Catastrophe
Expect to see a mini Test/Jericho feud develop from this and then a JBL/Test one develop into a hopefully, major feud. Expect to see JBL/Test at Wrestlemania.

Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels will not go into anymore detail about his retirement until after 'Gauntlet for Glory'. No-one knows who his opponent will be but it will be a fantastic match definitely.

Curt Hawkins & Zac Ryder
They have been in development and been wrestling Dark Matches. Expect to see them be moved up to the main roster and form a faction with Edge possibly.

Cody Rhodes
After GFG expect Cody Rhodes challenge for the Prodigy Title. He is rumored to be having a non-title match with Benjamin at the event.

Eric Bischoff
Bischoff wants to take time off. So expect something to happen to him. Most likely through the HBK/Test/Attack scenario.

More Shawn Michaels Notes
Shawn Michaels will not be apart of the UWA World Heavyweight Championship Match nor the GFG match at this point. He will most likely have a run-in with a match but will not be a competitor in any match.

Confirmed Card for 'Gauntlet for Glory'
30 Man Gauntlet for Glory Match
30 Superstars Battle it out for a UWA World Heavyweight Championship Match at Wrestlemania

UWA World Heavyweight Championship
Anything Goes*
Triple H(c) vs John Morrison

Winner goes into GFG Match
Unconfirmed vs Unconfirmed

Possible News, Rumors & Spoilers
On Ignition Booker T will engage in a feud with CM Punk. It will probably result in Booker/Doane vs Punk/Partner. John Morrison will be put in a match and most likely go over whoever it is. Expect this to happen for the next couple of weeks leading up to GFG. Also, Randy Orton will confront HBK.

Undertaker is expected to return soon and expect him to announce his retirement as well. This year's Wrestlemania will be an emotional one with Wrestlemania's two biggest stars retiring. He will face an opponent as well and he will almost certainly make his streak go to 16-0. Randy Orton is expected to be the one to take on 'The Phenom'.

CT Styles

IgnitionLogocopy.png

December 17, 2007

'My Time is Now' hits and the crowd jump off their seats as they await John Cena to come out. He comes out and the crowd is electric...

But no so electric once they see it's an impostor. He comes out wagging his hand in front of his face doing the 'You Can't See Me' taunt. The crowd is booing as the man enters the ring. As he does suddenly all these men come in the ring and beat him up and he is left motionless in the ring.

Fans Boo.

'I'm Back!' hits and Eric Bischoff comes down the ring to boos.

Eric: Hahahahaha. Did you guys see that?! How funny was it?! You got all excited because you thought it was John Cena but it was just an impostor who got beaten up like Shawn Michaels.

Heat.

Eric: Oh well, anyway, John won't be here tonight..

'Sexy Boy' hits and the crowd give a massive pop but it's another impostor! He comes down to the ring mocking the DX chop and enters the ring only to be kicked by Bischoff and beaten up by Test who emerges from the crowd. Test stands next to Bischoff who continues laughing like he did with the 'Cena'.

Eric: Ahahaha, alright. Let's quit the joking around and get serious for a second. I'm out here to tell you something about 'Gauntlet for Glory'. It's about the competitors. Currently we have 29 confirmed superstars and you will find out who they are as they enter but like I said, we have 29. We need one more.

Eric looks at Test with a smile on his face.

Eric: Test, you know who it is don't you?

He nods his head for a reply.

Eric: It's me.

Crowd is shocked and then start to give heat.

Eric: That's right, I will be entering the 'Gauntlet for Glory' match. So I can now tell you we have 30 participants confirmed. And let me tell yo something, I will win..

'My Time is Now' hits and the crowd jump to their feet again. And... It's John Cena! Cena walks down the ramp to a thunderous ovation. He enters the ring and looks around before talking.

Cena: You will win? Eric Bischoff will win the 'Gauntlet for Glory' match. Eric, how old are you?

Crowd pop and Eric's face goes from confident to angry.

Eric: That is none of your business.

Cena: Let me tell you something. You have no chance in hell of winning and neither do you Mr. Steroids!

Cena pointed at Test when he said that remark and Test is angry.

Cena: Look at you two, you're like the odd couple. You're an unfit old man and he's a younger guy on protein shakes and steroids. One of you is gonna betray one another and you both know it. Look what he did to Michaels, meat-head. He did that to get what he wanted, now he wants a 'Gauntlet for Glory' win and you're his partner? Michaels would have thought he was on the same terms as Eric but look what happened to him!

Test starts to look at Eric.

Cena: I'll tell you what, I'll leave you two alone for a while. Even though you've probably already had enough time alone and you can think about what I'm telling you.

Crowd pops. Cena looks around with a smile and then continues, but in a softer tone.

Cena: The bottom line is, I have returned and I will be back in the ring. I will go to 'Gauntlet for Glory' waiting for my number to be called and I will enter. I will stand tall and look at you all. I will have six words for all of you..

He looks up..

Cena: You want some?! Come Get Some!

He then starts to slowly raise his voice with the following statement.

Cena: I will eliminate all the other men in the match and have my hand raised certifying me I have a Main Event match at Wrestlemania for the UWA World Heavyweight Championship and at the end of that match I will have my hand raised again and finally have the chance to say my favorite four words in the English Dictionary. The Champ is Here!!

After saying that Test attacks Cena and throws him into the corner.

'Break Down the Walls' hits and Jericho runs down to the ring in street clothes and takes out Test and Cena and Bischoff are left in the ring.

Eric: Unless you want to end up like Michaels, get out of my ring.

'Sexy Boy' hits.

Eric awaits Michaels to come down the ramp but no-one comes. Eric then turns around and at the other side of the ring there is Michaels in a HBK shirt, jeans and cowboy boots. He is holding a microphone and just stares at Bischoff.

Michaels slowly approaches Eric.

Michaels: End up like me? Let me tell you something, it takes more than a cheap shot from behind to kill the heart, the determination of The Heartbreak Kid.

Michaels pauses and then gets right in the face of Eric and says the following softly.

Michaels: And it's a long time till Wrestlemania.

He drops the microphone and leaves Eric in the ring.

Michaels walks up the ramp.

Eric: Wait just a damn minute! Don't think you can just talk to me like that and get away with it! Tonight, you two loudmouths will be teaming up to take on this man here!, Test and Curt Hawkins and Zac Ryder! At that will be, next!

Commercial Break

JR: What an opening to Ignition, King.

King: John Cena has returned! And Eric Bischoff is in the 'Gauntlet for Glory' match?

JR: That's right, King. And Michaels & Cena will be teaming up.. now.

Test's music hits and he comes down to the ring.

JR: Well we haven't seen much of this man in UWA but he certainly is a powerhouse.

King: Damn straight King, he is one hell of a powerhouse and I wouldn't be surprised if Test and Ryder and Hawkins tore apart Michaels and Cena.

Curt Hawkins & Zac Ryder's music hits and they come down to the ring.

JR: These two have been in UWA development for a while now and have said to be promising. That's all I can comment on for now.

King: Well I have heard that they are quick and high flying.

'Sexy Boy' hits and Michaels walks down the ramp without any of his usual theatrics. He hasn't even got changed out of his jeans and HBK shirt. He starts to run as he gets close to the ring and slides in taking on all three men.

Match 1
2-on-3 Handicap Match
Shawn Michaels & John Cena vs Test, Zac Ryder & Curt Hawkins

Shawn Michaels unloads right hands on Zac & Curt and Cena runs down the ramp to the aid of his partner. Michaels tries to break through Curt & Zac to get to his attacker, Test. But they keep restraining him as Test stays out of the action. Cena eventually gets the upper-hand on Zac & Curt and takes them both on. This gives Michaels the opportunity to get to Test. Michaels lays some fast right hands to the face of Test before whipping him to the ropes. On the rebound Michaels bends forward for a backdrop but Test stops and gets Michaels in between his legs to lift him up for a Powerbomb. He succeeds at lifting up the Heartbreak Kid but Michaels punches while sitting on Test's shoulders and rides him down to the canvas and finishes him off with a stomp to the face. Michaels goes over to help his partner, John Cena who is in the corner trying to fight off Hawkins & Ryder. Michaels runs over and lands a forearm into the back of Hawkins, this gives Cena the chance to get the upper-hand with Ryder, which he does. Cena grabs Ryder by the back of the head and unloads right hands to the face.

Cena then keeps a hold of his head and smacks it on top of the corner turnbuckle. Ryder bounces off and falls back down to the canvas. Cena goes over to help Michaels with Hawkins but is stopped in his tracks by Test. Test comes out of nowhere and lands a massive clothesline on the former World Champ, knocking him down. Test then stomps away at the helpless Cena who is on the canvas. He is soon interrupted by Michaels who lands a forearm shot to the back of Test and kicks him in the gut when he turns around. Michaels has a different side of himself to what we are used to seeing. Michaels is going crazy. He nails snap jabs to the face of Test before turning around to elbow him in the face and run to the ropes. Along the way Hawkins gets back up from Michaels' onslaught but Michaels just clotheslines him along the way. Michaels rebounds off the ropes and lands a flying forearm to the face of Test knocking him down. Cena takes a low bow from Ryder and Ryder approaches Michaels who nips up and out of nowhere nails a Superkick on Ryder. Ryder falls backwards and Cena goes for the cover, 1...2... A recovered Hawkins breaks it up.

Michaels has suddenly had a demon born inside of him and is crazy. He garbs Hawkins by the hair and throws him in the corner where he nails deadly knife-edge chops while Cena takes on Test on the other side of the ring. Michaels then grabs him by the hair and throws him out of the corner. Michaels measures Hawkins in the corner and as soon as Hawkins gets up... Sweet Chin Music! Cena then nails a massive throwback on Test. Test slowly gets up and walks straight into a massive Sweet Chin Music and he falls backwards and around into Cena who lifts him up in a Fireman's Carry position and throws him down to the canvas with a thunderous FU. He hooks the leg, 1...2...3

Winners - Shawn Michaels & John Cena via Pinfall

Michaels leans back in the corner looking at the destruction he has produced. He then produces a smile on his face.

JR: My god, this is a Shawn Michaels I haven't seen before. He went ballistic and showed what he is capable of. Three Sweet Chin Musics!

King: Whoever he faces at Wrestlemania is in for a hell of a fight, that's for sure!

JR: Wrestlemania or no Wrestlemania, Michaels puts up a hell of a fight.

Commercial Break

Backstage

Shawn Michaels is seen standing backstage wiping his face with a towel when Randy Orton approaches him.

Michaels: Look, I don't want you to be...

Orton: ... Shut up, I'm not sad you're retiring. I wanna know something. Why did you give John Morrison the win a few weeks ago?

Michaels: I didn't give the win to him I gave it to whoever was smart enough to make a move. Unfortunately for you, he was that person. Hell, it may have even been planned for you, who knows?

Orton looks annoyed.

Orton: Quit with the mind games, Michaels. Another thing I want to know as well as probably a lot of other people, who's side are you on? Are you with me or not?

Michaels: Randy, they could be mind games like you said. Who's side do you think I'm on?

Orton: I nor anyone else can figure you out, Shawn. You're good at what you do but there's something you seem to have forgotten. So am I.

Orton is about to walk off.

Michaels: Is that right?

Orton turns around and gets in Michaels face.

Orton: You know it's right, Shawn and these are things you can't play mind games with, it's a given.

Michaels: Prove it to me, You and Me, one-on-one next week.

Orton looks Michaels in the eyes.

Orton: You've got your match but something else you need to remember, You're a Legend, I'm the 'Legend Killer'.

Orton turns around and walks off as Michaels just watches with a smirk on his face before yelling back.

Michaels: ..Did I answer your question?

Back at the Announcer's Table

King: Well maybe Michaels and Orton aren't together. I really don't know nor understand. I'm going to go with No. They're not together.

JR: Yes but the way it's been lately, King. They could be together, we don't know. But yeah, I'll go with no.

Commercial Break

John Morrison's music hits and he comes down the ramp to a 50/50 reaction.

King: And here comes the #1 Contender for Triple H's gold, John Morrison.

JR: He is the man Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton were discussing momentarily during their conversation backstage.

King: And what a task he has, taking on the King of Kings with the gold on the line.

Jamie Noble's music hits and he comes down to the ring with nearly no reaction.

JR: Well he may not be one of the most popular superstars but he sure can fight.

King: Oh don't get me wrong he can fight but has he really got any chance against the #1 Contender?

Match 2
Single
Jamie Noble vs John Morrison

Morrison has a cocky smile on his face as Noble approaches him for the lock-up. They do just that and Morrison gains the advantage. He counters the lock-up into a backslide, 1...2... Noble kicks out. Both men get back up and Morrison immediately leaps up to connect with a dropkick to the face of Noble and he falls back down to the canvas and gets covered by Morrison, 1...2 Noble kicks out. Morrison is quick to get up and taunt the crowd and that backfires on him because Noble comes from behind and unloads some rights and lefts to the back of Morrison. He eventually gets Morrison down to the canvas and stomps away at the body of Morrison and then covers, ...1 Morrison throws Noble off. Morrison gets up immediately and sidesteps an oncoming Noble but manages to stick his knee out and Noble stops and nurses his stomach. Morrison runs and tries to connect with the 'Morrison Makeover' but Noble manages to sidestep it but Morrison was ready and kicks him in the gut, then nails the 'Sexy Smash' (Standing Single Knee Facebreaker from the side) Morrison then stands over Noble with a cocky look on his face and performs a standing shooting star press/pin combo, 1...2...3

Winner - John Morrison via Pinfall

Morrison gets off Noble and stands up. The referee holds his arm up to signal he is the victor and Morrison yells at the crowd. He then signals a title around his waist...

'The Game' hits and UWA World Heavyweight Champion Triple H stands at the top of the ramp in street clothes with the title over his shoulder.

Hunter: Good win there, John. Keep enjoying these wins against losers. Because when you step in the ring with a winner, you're the loser. You see, there's a difference between me & you. I'm a winner you're a loser, I'm UWA World Champ, you're nothing. And at 'Gauntlet for Glory' I'll cement that as the truth.

Hunter starts to walk down the ramp.

Hunter: You see, I'll be holding this title for a long time.. And...

'Metalingus' hits and 'The Rated R Superstar' stands at the top of the ramp.

Edge: Woah, woah, woah. Listen, Hunter. If anyone should be holding that title for a long time, it's me. I lated long enough in the 'Sic Pac Challenge' and I've done enough in professional wrestling to certify that. I AM a Main Eventer and I want a shot at that title to prove it.

Hunter: He's..

Morrison:.. I've already earned my shot!

Edge: I don't care about you and neither do these idiots. I want a shot at that title, Hunter. Is it that you're scared that I'll live up to my name 'The Ultimate Opportunist'?

Hunter: I'm not scared of anything, Edge.

Edge: Then you'll give me a shot at that tit...

'I'm Back!' hits and Eric Bischoff joins Edge on the top of the stage.

Eric: You really want this title don't you, Edge?

Edge: You're damn right!

Eric: Then how about this, that match is going to be a triple threat match. And if you, Edge. Defeat whoever I choose, you will be on that match but if your opponent wins he's in it.

Hunter: Either way I'll kick both their asses.

Eric: Then that's settled, Edge verse a partner of my choosing for a shot at the UWA title alongside John Morrison.

Commercial Break

Backstage

Intercontinental Champion CM Punk is seen getting a drink. He is soon approached by Booker T.

Booker: That's a nice title you got round yo' waist. You know with a title comes responsibility and you also gotta watch yo' back.

Punk: Um, yeah I know. What are you trying to say?

Booker: I'm saying that an attack can come from anywhere, anytime.. Like this!

Booker pushes Punk into the drinks table and things fall over. Punk then retaliates and pushes Booker into the opposite wall and they start trading blows until security breaks them up.

Back at the Announcers Table

King: Well a bit of a heated confrontation between Booker T & CM Punk. Obviously Booker wants a shot at Punk's title.

JR: Booker T is no stranger to championship gold and if those two met in the ring Booker could very well get the win.

Commercial Break

5...4...3...2...1...0...'Break Down the Walls' hits and Chris Jericho comes down to the ring in street clothes as he approaches 'The Highlight Reel' set.

Jericho: Ladies & Gentleman, Jerich-O-Holics of all ages, 'The Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla', 'The Sexy Beast' is here to make one hell of an announcement, one that will make you jump up off your seats and scream. Eric Bischoff just recently said he would have Edge face someone and whoever wins goes to 'Gauntlet for Glory' and makes the UWA World Title Match a Triple Threat. Well guess what baby, Edge will be going one-on-one with... Y...2...J!

Crowd gives massive pop.

Jericho: Now I, my fellow Jerich-O-Holics will once again regain my UWA World Heavyweight Championship for the first time since my amazing return back in 2006. Speaking of the Edge match, come out my guest for tonight, Edge.

'Metalingus' hits and 'The Rated R Superstar' comes down to the ring.

Jericho: Welcome, welcome. Now let's just cut straight to the business side of things. You, me, tonight, title shot. These are the four factors of what is sure to be, an epic battle tonight. I mean, we both want it, I've had it before, you haven't. Therefore, I have the experience, do you think that will make me beat you tonight, Edge?

Edge: Who said anything about you beating me, Chris? I am the 'Ultimate Opportunist' and this here, we are fighting for, is an opportunity. Now you may not have seen what I'm capable of but I bet some of these losers have.

Crowd heat.

Edge: Tonight, is just another opportunity and I will take that opportunity and I will walk into 'Gauntlet for Glory' beat the crap out of Morrison and Triple H and I will walk out, UWA World Heavyweight Champion.

Jericho: That's quite a nice story you got their, Edge. Only thing is, it's fictional. You see, I'll have the morale advantage because all these Jerich-O-Holics will be cheering my every move won't you?!

Crowd pop.

Jericho: And for you junior, they'll be booing everyone of you're moves. I've done this too many times before so ass-clown, you can back out now or go out and get your ass kicked on worldwide television.

Edge has a smirk on his face and pretends to answer but swings at Jericho, who blocks and unloads some right hands to the face of Edge and then tries to follow it up with a Codebreaker but Edge flees the ring. He points to his head as he leaves signaling he's smart. Jericho stays in the ring looking confident.

JR: What a main event we have in store now! Jericho, Edge later tonight!

Commercial Break

JR: Ladies & Gentleman we have just been informed that Booker T & Ken Doane will be taking on Intercontinental Champion CM Punk and a partner of his choice, right now.

King: Oh good, JR. This should be a hell of a match!

'Can You Dig It?!' hits and Booker T comes down to the ring accompanied by Ken Doane.

JR: Well here is the cocky but yet talented Booker T accompanied by his apprentice, Ken Doane.

King: One thing we have to remember is, Booker T is a 4-Time UWA World Heavyweight Champion, so he knows what he's doing.

'This Fire Burns' hits and Intercontinental Champion CM Punk comes down to the ring with the belt around his waist.

King: Here comes the Intercontinental Champion, CM Punk!

JR: A talented member of our roster to say the least.

'Don't Waste My Time' hits and the Undefeated Elijah Burke comes down to the ring to a massive pop. The 34-0 superstar comes down to the ring.

King: Here's Punk's mystery partner!

JR: What a partner to have as well, King.

Match 3
Tag Team
Intercontinental Champion CM Punk & Elijah Burke vs Booker T & Ken Doane

Burke & Booker start off in the ring. Burke immediately goes on the offense and lands some strong punches on him before nailing a dropkick that forces Booker down to the canvas. Burke immediately jumps on top of him and grabs his head before unloading more strong right hands from the former amateur boxer. He then gets off and taunts the crowd to cheers. Unbeknown to him, Booker got the tag with Doane. Doane comes from behind and attacks Burke and hammers away at his back until he hits the canvas. Burke is on his knees and Doane runs to the ropes in front of Burke and rebounds with a low dropkick to the face of Burke and finishes it off with a hook of the leg, 1... Burke kicks out strongly. Both men get back up and Doane swings at Burke who blocks it and replies with a strong right hand followed by a deadly '4-Up' combo that knocks Doane down to the canvas. Burke then covers him, 1...2 Doane kicks out, holding his jaw. As Doane gets back up he rakes the eyes of Burke, this gives him a chance to leap up and get the tag. Burke gets back up, wiping his eyes and is greeted with a kick from Booker.

Booker then whips him to the ropes but Burke bounces off and ducks a roundhouse kick from Booker and gets the tag on Punk. The crowd cheer and Punk steps in the ring. Booker seems scared and backs away, tagging Doane back in. He shakes his head, 'Uh Uh, Punk' he says as he goes back on the apron. Doane charges full steam at Punk who sidesteps and kicks the hamstring of Doane before nailing some forearm shots to the face and whipping him to the corner. He follows him and nails the Shining Wizard combo. He then goes for the bulldog to finish off the combo and.. Nails it. Punk then goes for the hook of the leg, 1...2... Booker breaks it up. Punk looks up at Booker who is getting lectured by the referee. Booker gives Punk an intimidating look and Punk just smirks. He gets up and tags in Burke. Burke comes in and picks Doane up by the hair and stands him up. He then gets him in position for the Elijah Experience and.. Booker comes in and nails a Harlem Kick that nearly knocks Burke's head off. Burke collapses down to the canvas. Doane is still down though.

Eventually Doane recovers and he gets an arm over Burke, 1...2 Burke gets a shoulder up. Doane and Burke struggle to get up but eventually get there. They start trading blows and of course, Burke wins and finishes off a punching combo with a dropkick and Doane falls back. Burke then stumbles backwards and tags Punk. Punk comes in and runs to Booker's corner and nails a forearm that knocks him off the apron. Doane comes at him from behind and Punk nails a kick to the gut, a spinning kick that hits Doane in the temple and then finishes it with a vertical kick, knocking Doane back up. Punk then out of nowhere gets Doane in the Anaconda Vice and... Doane taps immediately.

Winners - CM Punk & Elijah Burke via Submission

Punk celebrates in the ring until Booker runs back in and takes him out with a kick to the gut followed by a scissors kick. Burke runs in and he gets the same treatment. Booker goes to the outside and grabs Punk's Intercontinental Title and holds it over his shoulder. He then throws it over Punk's waist and signals a title around his waist.

Commercial Break

Backstage

AJ Styles is seen backstage to a huge pop. Eric Bischoff approaches him.

Eric: Look AJ, You haven't been around UWA lately and I want to put you in a match next. It's against someone who I think is similar to you in the ring. Are you okay with that?

AJ: Look Eric, I wasn't expecting it but you have to remember, I'm phenomenal, everyone else is pathetic so yeah, I'll be ready. Tell them to brng their best, cos' they're gonna need it.

Commercial Break

'I Am' hits and AJ Styles comes down to the ring with a big pop.

JR: Well AJ Styles hasn't been seen on UWA television lately but I think he can have a big return.

King: He's a very talented athlete, JR. AJ Styles is amazing in the ring and whoever his opponent is will have to be able to match his abilities.

'No More Words' hits and Jeff Hardy comes out to another big pop.

King: Look, JR! Jeff Hardy!

JR: Aw, this will be an amazing match-up. Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, the two are just amazing in the ring with their high-flying abilities. I'm going to make a quick guess, but I think this will be a classic and one to go down in UWA history.

Match 4
Single
AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy

They circle around before locking up. AJ pushes Hardy to the ropes and Hardy uses that to bounce off them. He reaches the opposite ones and rebounds off. He goes for a flying forearm but AJ ducks. Hardy though, lands alright and he turns around into some forearm shots from AJ. Hardy though, kicks him in the gut and puts him in a front facelock but AJ counters and nails a suplex of his own. He then covers Hardy, 1... Hardy kicks out quickly and both men get up quickly. Hardly blocks the offense from AJ and kicks him in the gut, although AJ catches his foot. Hardy finishes him off with a mule kick though and AJ falls back. Hardy then lifts up the legs of AJ by the feet and nails a leg drop to the groin. AJ shows his pain and Hardy hooks the leg, 1...2 AJ kicks out. Hardy gets back up and guides AJ by his head up to the corner. Hardy kicks away at the gut of AJ and runs back to the ropes and rebounds off them, heading for AJ. AJ though, is ready and sticks his boot out and it connects with the face of Hardy. Hardy groggily stumbles back and AJ runs to the ropes behind Hardy.

He then runs to the ropes in front of the groggy and springboards off the ropes and nails a moonsault, landing beside Hardy. He then follows it up with a reverse DDT. AJ then hooks the leg of the lifeless Hardy, 1...2... Hardy somehow kicks out. AJ gets back up and measures Hardy as he starts to get back to his feet again. AJ times his jump and springboards off the ropes again in search of a back elbow on Hardy and he nails it. Hardy is knocked back down and AJ gets back up, proud of what he has achieved and nails a standing moonsault on the motionless Hardy who is on the canvas. AJ stays on top and pins Hardy again, 1...2... Hardy kicks out. AJ rolls over and gets back to his feet. He stands up and taunts the crowd. He turns around and Hardy is on one knee. AJ runs to the ropes and rebounds off looking to plant some more offense on the obviously hurt Hardy. On the rebound Hardy suddenly spring to life and leaps up and is sitting on AJ's shoulder. He then nails a hurracanrana punching combo and rolls off him to have a breather. Hardy then slowly starts to get back up, as does AJ.

Both men eventually get to two feet and exchange blows. Hardy gets the advantage when he manages to string some strong forearm shots in succession before whipping AJ to the ropes. AJ rebounds and manages to stop. Hardy is caught off-guard and AJ goes for a step-up Enzuiguri but Hardy steps back and AJ falls back down to the canvas. He gets up quickly though and Hardy grabs him to whip him to the corner. He follows it up with a strong clothesline in the corner and AJ walks out of the corner groggy. Jeff then runs to the ropes and rebounds back into the corner and runs up the turnbuckles and leaps off flipping over for a 'Whisper in the Wind' and... He nails it. Both men are down but Hardy is quick to capitalize on the powerful move and he hooks the leg of AJ, 1...2.. AJ kicks out. AJ slowly gets up and leans on the ropes for a breather which was a bad move because Hardy comes from behind and grabs him but AJ amazes the crowd with a 'Pelé Kick'. Hardy stumbles back and collapses backwards back down to the canvas. AJ then continues to have his breather and then turns around to Hardy.

He turns him over and tries to set him up for the Styles Clash but Hardy escapes and gets back up, still suffering the effects of the Pelé kick. AJ approaches him but Hardy nails a dropkick that only half gets AJ. AJ stumbles a little and Hardy gets back up. He kicks a semi-groggy AJ in the gut and tries to set him up for the 'Twist of Fate' but AJ pushes him away. On the rebound Hardy leaps in search of a cross-body but AJ sidesteps and Hardy manages to land on his feet and continue running to the ropes. He rebounds and AJ nails a dropkick to the oncoming Hardy. Hardy falls down to the canvas and AJ quickly capitalizes and turns Hardy over. He sets him up for the Styles Clash and quickly nails it! He hooks the leg, 1...2...3

Winner - AJ Styles via Pinfall

JR: Good god, King. What a match. Those two amazing athletes showcased their amazing abilities and my god it was the recipe for success.

King: That's damn right, JR. I mean, when AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy are in the ring, you know something amazing's gonna happen.

Commercial Break

Backstage

UWA Xtreme Division Champion Matt Hardy is seen backstage with the belt around his waist. RVD then approaches him.

RVD: Matt, you know I'm not happy about what happened last week and I'm requesting something from you, I want a rematch.

Hardy: Rob, I earned this title..

RVD:.. You earned it?! You got a match directly after the original Xtreme Division title match and of course I wasn't up for it. So explain to me where you 'earned' that title?

Matt: Well look who's waist it's around.

RVD: Look who's waist it's gonna be around, when I get my rematch.

Matt: Not 'when', 'if' because Eric is the reason I have this title and I think there's a reason I got my match when I did.

RVD just leaves.

Back at Ringside

5...4...3...2...1...0...'Break Down the Walls' hits and Chris Jericho comes down to the ring with a huge pop.

King: Here he is, the possible third competitor in the UWA World Title match at 'Gauntlet for Glory', Chris Jericho.

JR: And could Y2J take this opportunity and use it or is Edge's nickname, 'The Ultimate Opportunist' going to come into play tonight?

King: I don't know, JR. But one thing's for certain, it's going to be a great match.

'Metalingus' plays and Edge comes down to the ring.

JR: Well here he is, 'The Rated R Superstar', 'The Ultimate Opportunist', Edge. Somehow I think Edge will find a way to win this.

King: He probably could by cheating but I'm going with Y2J on this one.

Main Event
Winner makes UWA World Heavyweight Championship Match at GFG a Triple Threat
Chris Jericho vs Edge

Both men circles the ring with a confident smile on their faces before gradually moving in to the center of the ring to lock up. Neither man gains an inch so they do it again. This time Jericho gets a side headlock on Edge and makes it a takedown. Jericho still has the hold locked in and Edge's shoulders hit the canvas and the referee is forced to make the count, 1...2... Edge gets a shoulder up. Edge then grabs Jericho and rolls him over for a roll-up, 1...2... But Jericho returns back to his original position with the headlock still locked in and Edge is forced to start to get out of the hold. He starts to wriggle but it makes no difference and he starts to hammer away at the back of Jericho which starts to work. He then pulls the hair and the referee steps in and that momentarily distracts Jericho giving Edge the chance to elbow Jericho in the ribs, forcing him to release the hold. Edge rolls away and nurses his neck before getting up and stomping away at the vulnerable ribs of Jericho. Jericho though, manages to catch Edge off-guard and catch his foot. He then pulls it forward forcing Edge to slip back.

Jericho then acts fast and tries to lock in the Walls of Jericho but to no avail. Edge pushes him away straight away. Jericho runs into the ropes. Edge gets back up and approaches Jericho from behind and tries to perform the Edge-O-Matic but Jericho holds onto the ropes and the move is unsuccessful. Jericho immediately acts fast and goes for a spinning heel kick but no-one's home. Edge acts fast this time and sits on top of Jericho and lands some vicious right hands into the face of Jericho before getting back to his feet and stomping away at the unprotected, vulnerable spots of Jericho's body. He then runs back to the ropes and rebounds with a leg drop and hooks the leg of Jericho, 1...2 Jericho kicks out and Edge lets out his frustration. He gets up immediately and continues to stomp away at Jericho before guiding him up. He rakes the eyes of the recently standing Jericho and runs to the ropes he rebounds with a spear but Jericho shows his athleticism and jumps over Edge. Edge continues to the ropes and rebounds off to nail a cross-body which Jericho counters into a pin, 1...2 Edge kicks out.

Both men get up and Jericho blocks a right hand from Edge and nails a stinging knife-edge shop to the chest of Edge. He does this until Edge reaches the corner. He then sits Edge on the top rope and tries to set him up for a superplex and the two wrestle up there, trying to gain the upper-hand and nail a high-impact move from the top rope. Jericho nails a forearm to the face of Edge but loses his balance and falls down back to the canvas. He lands on his feet and sees Edge still recovering from the shot and runs to the ropes and springboards off with a dropkick on Edge who falls down to the outside. Jericho awaits Edge to get to his feet. Once he does, Jericho leaps over the top rope with a cross-body but Edge sidesteps and plants his fist in the vulnerable stomach of Jericho. He then rolls Jericho back in the ring and pins him, 1...2.. Jericho kicks out. Edge gets back up and guides Jericho up along with him. He smacks Jericho's head on the top turnbuckle and whips him to the ropes. On the rebound Jericho ducks an attempted clothesline from Edge and continues to the other ropes.

He rebounds off them quickly and catches Edge with a running one-handed bulldog, driving Edge's face into the canvas. Edge bounces off, ending up on his back. Jericho sees this as a good opportunity and runs to the ropes and springboards off with a Lionsault and... Edge got his knees up. Both men are down and the referee starts to make the count. At 5 Jericho gets up as does Edge. They begin to steadily trade blows before Jericho out of nowhere performs a step-up Enzuiguri and Edge collapses down to the canvas. Jericho makes the cover, 1...2... Edge somehow gets a shoulder up. Jericho gets up and starts measuring Edge for the Codebreaker. Once Edge gets to his feet Jericho charges at him and leaps up to connect with the Codebreaker but Edge throws him down and runs to the ropes. Jericho gets up and turns around into an oncoming Edge and.. Spear! Edge nails the spear and hooks the leg of Jericho, 1...2...3

Winner & Third Competitor in the UWA World Heavyweight Championship Match - Edge via Pinfall

UWA Ignition goes off the air with Edge celebrating.

Exclusive Footage after Ignition went off the air. Only available to UWA.com subscribers.

Edge is celebrating and then...

DING! That infamous bell rings and the lights go out.

DING! Again, that infamous bell rings.

The crowd are cheering but the lights come back on and nothing happens.

Michael1

Reaction score
Best Match: It's tough between Edge/Chris Jericho and AJ Styles/Jeff Hardy... but I'll go with Edge vs Chris Jericho because it meant so much more. A UWA Championship match.

Worst Match: Morrison vs Noble. Squash match basically to put John Morrison over but still, I got the point of it.

Best Promo: Really liked the Highlight Reel with Chris Jericho and Edge. Put the main event over.

Worst Promo: None really.

Additional Thoughts: This was an amazing show, and I liked what happened when UWA went off the air with the lights going out. Amazing. I love the fact that Edge is now in the main event. Should be a great match. Good show.

Check out WWE: The Do Over.

CT Styles

WrestlingInsidercopy.png

Wrestling News, Rumors & Spoilers

Shawn Michaels/Eric Bischoff
Expect Shawn Michaels to be the reason Eric Bischoff is taken off Television. Since, like we stated last week, he wants to take some time off.

General Manager Situation
Since the whole JBL firing scenario, UWA is without a General Manager. When Eric Bischoff takes time off JBL will possibly get his GM job back.

Bret Hart/UWA Deal
Bret Hart returned to UWA at Survivor Series and attacked Shawn Michaels during the Michaels/Goldberg 'You're Fired' match. He will be appearing in the 'Gauntlet for Glory' match but most likely get 'kayfabe' injured. He will then return to TV around Wrestlemania time to promote the match he is competing in, which is rumored to be a Triple Threat match.

*Possible Spoiler*
Gauntlet for Glory Favorites
The current odds on some superstars to win the Gauntlet for Glory match have been posted on a wrestling website. No-one is certain of who it is but these are some of the odds.

$2 - John Cena
$4 - Randy Orton
$7 - Jeff Hardy
$10 - Chris Jericho, AJ Styles

No word on who is winning it though.

AJ Styles Push
AJ Styles is expected to get a reasonable push and is expected to challenge for the Xtreme Division Title.

*Possible Spoiler*
Money in the Bank Match
Alleged plans have leaked onto the internet for the Wrestlemania 'Money in the Bank' Ladder Match. This will be the first time it has ever been done at this year's Wrestlemania. It is a 6-Man Ladder Match and the winner has to climb the ladder and retrieve the suitcase with a contract in it, guaranteeing a shot at a World Title at anytime within the next year. The 'alleged' plans are Jeff Hardy vs MVP vs RVD vs CM Punk vs Elijah Burke vs AJ Styles. Remember, these haven't been made official, they are just 'alleged' plans that were leaked on the internet.

Possible Storyline Idea
John Morrison may be participating in a storyline soon, it is said to involving Stephanie McMahon, Triple H's wife. Stephanie McMahon is the daughter of Vince McMahon, his father created WWWF which UWA bought out. Vince McMahon is said to have something to do with some wrestling promotions along with his son Shane. Shane had a brief stint in TNA but it never really took off. Triple H met Stephanie when he worked for her father when he tried to create a wrestling promotion which never took off. Since his father's death he is said to be worth millions.

The Rock/Undertaker Returns
For those who didn't see, the Undertaker's bell rang after Ignition went off the air. This is signaling the return of the Undertaker which is said to be soon. The Rock has finished filming his movie and is said to be excited about coming back to UWA. No word on when he will return, possibly around Wrestlemania.

*Possible Spoilers*
Things to Expect on Ignition
Orton & Michaels' match to be a classic. Orton and Michaels are said to be liking their current angle and like where it is going. People still don't know who's on who's side and that's the way they like it. AJ Styles and Morrison to go over someone and possibly a 'Cutting Edge or 'Highlight Reel' segment.

Breaking News
We have just been told that the GM situation will be resolved after Wrestlemania.