Underutilized Talent of 2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Corbin is an obvious good choice but the problem is Corbin could use some more build up and Taker doesn't have another year left in him so the logical next set up would be Cena Vs Taker and for some reason they want the belt involved so Styles after working his ass off for a year will be rewarded with an undercard match at Mania. Its a shame.

Yeah that sounds... disappointing. I mean has Taker said he was done? Like after 2017? Maybe he will be done in 2018 and give his final match to Corbin.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds... disappointing. I mean has Taker said he was done? Like after 2017? Maybe he will be done in 2018 and give his final match to Corbin.
Its possible but I don't see it happening. He's been around so long that he should leave before he ends up like Mick Foley. If he is going to do a final match I wouldn't mind it being Corbin.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Cesaro & Rusev...without a shadow of a doubt...
Both of them deserve so much more...hell...they
should be feuding over the Universal title at the
top of the RAW card.

Bray Wyatt is simply too charismatic for his own
good...and I believe the WWE is afraid to push
him because lets be honest...his character is
a creepy, swamp dwelling cult leader...and in
the PG-Era...clean cut and handsome heels
are more likely to take center stage.

Gallows & Anderson...well...I have no frame
of reference...but I've heard they were total
monsters in New Japan...but the only time
I've cared about them is when Dana Brooke
dressed up as a nurse in one of their stupid
"Doctor" promos.

I also thankfully missed the infamous "Old
Day' promo...but I've heard there is no coming
back for them after that.

There is one WWE performer I have to mention
in this thread...and that is the glowing and dancing
Naomi.

23_NAOMI_09132016ca_0006--634d610d976235ef071eed2c30acdda6.jpg

This woman may-be the best "athlete" in the entire
women's division and I believe she deserves more.

After a strong start with her "Feel the Glow" rebirth...
she seemed to slowly be faded out with a very poor
showing at Survivor Series and then an injury shortly
after which has seen her miss a lot of possible TV
time.

All the other women on SmackDown have been given
feuds or story lines to work with (Even Eva Marie had
a story/angle being built around her till her wellness
policy violation and movie filming exodus)...apart from
Naomi...and it just doesn't seem right.

I also find it shocking she has never once held any
WWE titles...even though she has been on the main
roster since 2012.

It just doesn't seem fair to a woman with such amazing
in-ring abilities and while I know not everyone can be
pushed at once...I hope 2017 is a much better year
for her.
Couldn't have said it better myself Grievous!.....Another I would add is The Queen Of Hart's Natalya
Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_natalya.png

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well...he's finally back with a heel turn and plenty of TV time...after spending
most of 2016 in limbo.
Summer Rae-- Seriously where'd she go? Was she injured?
She's been injured since before the brand split...and she's on the RAW brand...
*Sigh* I second this...God...just bring her back to TV already...
Yep...As I stated earlier in the thread...
Vaudevillians
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'll throw my two cents in on the above.

Naomi is used really as much as she can, she isn't very good and hasn't really improved. She's fine, she's serviceable but she isn't someone who could be Womens Champion, you can kinda of slot the Womens Division into two clear halves. Pre Horsewomen and Post Horsewomen and you can see who was trained better and continues to improve and then there are not to put it harshly, left overs of a bygone era. The Divas Era is over and we have some Women Wrestlers left over who are blatantly worse than others. Summer Rae, Naomi, Rosa Mendes, Eva Marie etc all fall into this category, Eva Marie less so because she has found a role that she fits well into. Natalya is half and half, she can be good but she is really really sloppy and is outshined by others.

Vaudevillains are jobbers and there is so fixing that, they were starting to be pushed and then Enzo got injured and they never recovered. Simon Gotch has heat and they both suffer for it, if they honestly released Gotch and threw Gallagher with English then you can have an excellent face team.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't put Naomi with Rosa or Eva... She has improved and shows she has skill but never really had the chance to do anything. Rosa and Eva utterly suck in the ring.

I do agree about Natalya... She can be REALLY good in one match and meh in another but she still deserves a good run before she retires. She gave this company many years.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Naomi is used really as much as she can, she isn't very good and hasn't really improved. She's fine, she's serviceable but she isn't someone who could be Womens Champion, you can kinda of slot the Women's Division into two clear halves. Pre-Horsewomen and Post Horsewomen and you can see who was trained better and continues to improve and then there are not to put it harshly, left overs of a bygone era. The Divas Era is over and we have some Women Wrestlers left over who are blatantly worse than others. Summer Rae, Naomi, Rosa Mendes, Eva Marie etc all fall into this category, Eva Marie less so because she has found a role that she fits well into. Natalya is half and half, she can be good but she is really really sloppy and is out shined by others.
I agree with the "idea" of Pre & Post Horsewoman...but...
I think your views on Naomi and especially Natalya are
a little harsh...but its your opinion.
Vaudevillains are jobbers and there is so fixing that, they were starting to be pushed and then Enzo got injured and they never recovered. Simon Gotch has heat and they both suffer for it, if they honestly released Gotch and threw Gallagher with English then you can have an excellent face team.
Why does Gotch have heat? Is it the fight with Sin Cara?

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily lumping them together in terms of ring quality but they are the same generation of Women who are completely outshined by the new generation. Like for example I'd say Alexa Bliss is better than Naomi in every aspect and Naomi's been on the main roster for 3-4 years now where as Alexa Bliss only started wrestling 3-4 years ago. The reason that happens is because WWE's training has gotten so much better that Alexa had the chance to work with Sara Amato who is one of the finest Womens wrestlers to come out of America I would hold her in the same regard as like Madusa, funny thing I was reading Daniel Bryan's book today and there was a part where he talked about Sara Amato being one of the only good wrestlers he trained because his issue was giving motivation and Sara didn't need to be motivated she was motivated no matter what and she was taking back body drops and dislocated her shoulder, popped it back in and did it again and she dislocated it again, popped it back in and took another and it popped out again and that is when Bryan stopped her despite her wanting to keep doing it.
I agree with the "idea" of Pre & Post Horsewoman...but...
I think your views on Naomi and especially Natalya are
a little harsh...but its your opinion.

Why does Gotch have heat? Is it the fight with Sin Cara?
They aren't really harsh, Naomi is a natural athlete but her in ring work is lackluster at best. Natalya has zero charisma, character or mic work and can be very sloppy in ring. I mean jesus have you seen her run the ropes?

Gotch has heat for numerous arguments and fights backstage.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Natalya has zero charisma, character or mic work and can be very sloppy in ring. I mean Jesus have you seen her run the ropes?
I don't know broski...I haven't seen her be that sloppy in the matches I've watched...
May-be I expect less than you do.

And to be honest...its hard for any WWE performer to show true charisma or be
interesting on the mic considering the "quality" of the writing and the rules imposed
by creative in the PG-Era.
Gotch has heat for numerous arguments and fights backstage.
Shame that...

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I don't know broski...I haven't seen her be that sloppy in the matches I've watched...
May-be I expect less than you do.

And to be honest...its hard for any WWE performer to show true charisma or be
interesting on the mic considering the "quality" of the writing and the rules imposed
by creative in the PG-Era.

Shame that...
I don't know what you're talking about man. You can't say there is no true charisma when in the Womens Division alone you have the Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, Becky, Alexa, Nikki etc who all have great charisma and promos (Bayley's promos suck however) and then on the mens side Jericho, Zayn, Owens, Styles, Cena just to name a few.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what you're talking about man. You can't say there is no true charisma
I didn't say there was no charisma...far from it...
I meant that those who struggle with it are kind
of fighting an uphill battle with the writing quality
and restrictions imposed now days.
(Bayley's promos suck however)
Yeah...I've noticed that more since she's been
on the main roster...but I guess she'll "get by"
because of the merchandise sales.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Bayley is really good as we've seen in NXT, but it has been a bad start on the main roster so far.
The womens division is being carried by Charlotte, she's just so damn good. There's nothing stopping her from being considered the greatest female wrestler of all time eventually.
Also, I cannot wait for Asuka to come up to the main roster to feud with Charlotte. It will be epic.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If you visited Wreddit everyday you'd think Charlotte was a shit in ring worker who is carried by nepotism, their opinion on her is so negative.

Bayley was brought in because they panicked about Sasha's injury before realising she could come back in a week.