Underutilized Talent of 2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
This is according to ESPN....

Rusev
Cesaro
Sami Zayn
Tye Dillinger
Dolph Ziggler
Bray Wyatt
The Miz
Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

Read the article HERE.

I agree about the first 3 for sure, without a shadow of a doubt and I am not even a Sami fan.
Tye is somewhere in the middle for me. I am sure he will be used better this year.
Dolph has been misused most of his career, not just in 2016 :dawg:
Bray... Ehh I think they need to either piss or get off the pot with him.
The Miz... THE MIZ!? How was he underutilized!? He is actually in the position of giving credibility to a title not the other way around. Sorry ESPN, I disagree with this one completely.
And then there were two... Ehh, I can take um or leave um.

Main focus for me here is...
In 2017, for the love of all things wrestling...

USE RURU AND CESARO PROPERLY! :rusev:

aex2xs.jpg

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Also another person that WWE, while gave a title too, booking wise has botched it is Kevin Owens. Just because, while he is Champ, he hasn't looked too strong. He gets beat too often on free tv and should have been a lot more powerful of a champion.

Reactions: edge4ever

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Also another person that WWE, while gave a title too, booking wise has botched it is Kevin Owens. Just because, while he is Champ, he hasn't looked too strong. He gets beat too often on free tv and should have been a lot more powerful of a champion.

Yeah they made him a weak heel when he should be a strong one. I have enjoyed a lot of what him and Jericho have done together for sure, but it has made him look weaker than it should have.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score

He needs to leave the title scene for a bit IMHO. He loses to much, the constant Jericho thing is overdone and he was more or less handed the belt.

All up weak champion.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Cesaro & Rusev...without a shadow of a doubt...
Both of them deserve so much more...hell...they
should be feuding over the Universal title at the
top of the RAW card.

Bray Wyatt is simply too charismatic for his own
good...and I believe the WWE is afraid to push
him because lets be honest...his character is
a creepy, swamp dwelling cult leader...and in
the PG-Era...clean cut and handsome heels
are more likely to take center stage.

Gallows & Anderson...well...I have no frame
of reference...but I've heard they were total
monsters in New Japan...but the only time
I've cared about them is when Dana Brooke
dressed up as a nurse in one of their stupid
"Doctor" promos.

I also thankfully missed the infamous "Old
Day' promo...but I've heard there is no coming
back for them after that.

There is one WWE performer I have to mention
in this thread...and that is the glowing and dancing
Naomi.

23_NAOMI_09132016ca_0006--634d610d976235ef071eed2c30acdda6.jpg

This woman may-be the best "athlete" in the entire
women's division and I believe she deserves more.

After a strong start with her "Feel the Glow" rebirth...
she seemed to slowly be faded out with a very poor
showing at Survivor Series and then an injury shortly
after which has seen her miss a lot of possible TV
time.

All the other women on SmackDown have been given
feuds or story lines to work with (Even Eva Marie had
a story/angle being built around her till her wellness
policy violation and movie filming exodus)...apart from
Naomi...and it just doesn't seem right.

I also find it shocking she has never once held any
WWE titles...even though she has been on the main
roster since 2012.

It just doesn't seem fair to a woman with such amazing
in-ring abilities and while I know not everyone can be
pushed at once...I hope 2017 is a much better year
for her.

Reactions: Solid Snake

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I wouldn't call anyone on that list underutilized they're simply victims of poor booking. If we're talking true underutilized talent afew names come to mind:

APOLLO CREWS
Neville
Summer Rae-- Seriously where'd she go? Was she injured?
Emma
Naomi
Vaudevillians
Ascension

Pretty much everyone ESPN listed have been in notable feuds throughout the year. The people I just listed off were barely given screen time and 0 to no mic time.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Wasn't Naomi with the other girl doing that horrific "gimmick" with Clay? I remember thinking "What a waste". I agree about her for sure but I think ESPN was only focusing on men in the article...
Though they should have at least included one woman. Specially now that the "diva" thing is gone (for the most part anyways).

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The correct answer if anyone who was fed to Roman Reigns in 2016. More specifically Seth Rollins, Rusev and Kevin Owens.

Monday Night Raw is the Roman Reigns show, everything that goes on during that show is built around trying to force Reigns to get over. Cesaro has had his momentum killed so much and forced into the tag team division because he would overshadow Reigns in the mid card or main event scene, Chris Jericho has been fed to Reigns for a quick win consistently, Seth Rollins was turned face at the worst possible time and had his face run destroyed into a forced and awful Shield reunion to get Roman Reigns over, Braun is being built up as a threat to put Reigns over at Wrestlemania with Sami Zayn being fed to Braun to put him over to put Reigns over, Rusev was destroyed by Reigns at Summerslam and defeated clean THREE TIMES at least by Reigns once on TV and twice on PPV and in both matches Rusev was booked to be weak, KEVIN FUCKING OWENS who is their god damn World Champion is the weakest chicken shit heel on the fucking planet and Reigns has beaten him multiple times clean and Owens is yet to get a clean defence of the title and Reigns will get his 4th attempt at Coronation at the Royal Rumble and he will be boo'd out of the building again. Raw is built around one man, Roman Reigns and basically everyone on Raw is underused because they'll never get to be the face of Raw no matter how good they are.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The correct answer if anyone who was fed to Roman Reigns in 2016. More specifically Seth Rollins, Rusev and Kevin Owens.

Monday Night Raw is the Roman Reigns show, everything that goes on during that show is built around trying to force Reigns to get over. Cesaro has had his momentum killed so much and forced into the tag team division because he would overshadow Reigns in the mid card or main event scene, Chris Jericho has been fed to Reigns for a quick win consistently, Seth Rollins was turned face at the worst possible time and had his face run destroyed into a forced and awful Shield reunion to get Roman Reigns over, Braun is being built up as a threat to put Reigns over at Wrestlemania with Sami Zayn being fed to Braun to put him over to put Reigns over, Rusev was destroyed by Reigns at Summerslam and defeated clean THREE TIMES at least by Reigns once on TV and twice on PPV and in both matches Rusev was booked to be weak, KEVIN FUCKING OWENS who is their god damn World Champion is the weakest chicken shit heel on the fucking planet and Reigns has beaten him multiple times clean and Owens is yet to get a clean defence of the title and Reigns will get his 4th attempt at Coronation at the Royal Rumble and he will be boo'd out of the building again. Raw is built around one man, Roman Reigns and basically everyone on Raw is underused because they'll never get to be the face of Raw no matter how good they are.

Remember HHH vs Roman at WM? I think everything after that, specially when he got suspended shouldn't count for much. They tried to push him and it backfired though he did have some mild heat if you even wanna call it that.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Remember HHH vs Roman at WM? I think everything after that, specially when he got suspended shouldn't count for much. They tried to push him and it backfired though he did have some mild heat if you even wanna call it that.
They are focused on getting Roman over. There is even rumblings of Reigns Vs Taker at Mania with Reigns going over.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
They are focused on getting Roman over. There is even rumblings of Reigns Vs Taker at Mania with Reigns going over.

What the heck!? Corbin should be the one to go over on Taker, at least that makes logical sense!

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
What the heck!? Corbin should be the one to go over on Taker, at least that makes logical sense!
Corbin is an obvious good choice but the problem is Corbin could use some more build up and Taker doesn't have another year left in him so the logical next set up would be Cena Vs Taker and for some reason they want the belt involved so Styles after working his ass off for a year will be rewarded with an undercard match at Mania. Its a shame.