UFC 125: Resolution

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah Maynard owned that first round not sure what those judges were watching. Only thing I can think of is that they took into account that Frankie showed heart and survived but still.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
me, amp, mike and josh are arguing about it on twitter haha. i say edgar/pettis for the belt, maynard/guida for #1 and then have henderson, cerrone, florian, soti, miller, dunham and sherk to fight it out after that.

that judge had to give it 10-8 to maynard before 2-5 to Edgar 10-9 thus 48-46 Edgar. the draw, rounds 1 and 3 to Maynard. 10-8, 10-9. the other 3 to Edgar 10-9. and teh one giving it 48-46 to Maynard woud give 2 rounds to Frankie (2 and 4) the other 3 to Maynard with a 10-8.

with those score cards there has to be a 10-8.

Ben

Reaction score
me, amp, mike and josh are arguing about it on twitter haha. i say edgar/pettis for the belt, maynard/guida for #1 and then have henderson, cerrone, florian, soti, miller, dunham and sherk to fight it out after that.

that judge had to give it 10-8 to maynard before 2-5 to Edgar 10-9 thus 48-46 Edgar. the draw, rounds 1 and 3 to Maynard. 10-8, 10-9. the other 3 to Edgar 10-9. and teh one giving it 48-46 to Maynard woud give 2 rounds to Frankie (2 and 4) the other 3 to Maynard with a 10-8.

with those score cards there has to be a 10-8.

Makes sense with the scoring my internet shit out so I never got the offficial score. Pettis will get his shot, especially coming off his fight with Hendo and all the hype around him right now with the cage kick. It's the best fight and paper and it's a easy sell.

Maynard/Guida works for the #1 spot, and then after that with the the rest of the LW the division is wide open for a whole bunch of fresh solid match ups.

Would be nice to see them try to get Pettis/Frankie at 129 to go along with GSP/Shields, there going to want to do 2 title fights for that show and with Cain out that took away the HW bout they where prob going to run there.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
ah k, official scores were 48-46 Maynard, 48-46 Edgar and 47-47 draw

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
Sub of the night, guida. Ko of the night, stephens. Fotn, maynard/edgar, both get win bonuses

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
btw, if you were wondering why the prelims were on ION, Spike only has a certain number of event in which they can show prelims for but in the contract the UFC can show them on other networks.

Ben

Reaction score
Dana going back on what he said at the press confrence:

"I hate to talk about what we're going to do with future fights at a press conference when a card has just ended. I had the whole Pettis thing with the belt on my mind and so I said, 'Yeah, Pettis gets the next shot.' But then when I thought about it more, how can I in good conscience not give that shot to Gray Maynard? It's a no-brainer. He came in there and he fought his ass off and he deserves that rematch. That was a great fight and they deserve to do it again."

Need to make the fight happen soon, if both guys are cleared medically, having Pettis have to take another fight, when Maynard gets another shot, would piss me off if I was Pettis.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
technically he didn't actually say anything at the press conference :side: