TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

I for one actually generally hate reading matches. A lot of them bored me to tears.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
How many matches should a weekly two hour show have as most have five however i wanted to have four for one of my shows, still thinking however.

So how many matches should a two hour weekly show have?

Evil Austin

Well it depends. I usually try to have four matches and then a main event. With a promo in between each match.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Same here, not that I've been writing much these days but things will change eventually.

Anyone wanna keep me up to date with the BTB section just so I know what's been going on in the past few months I haven't been that active...

Evil Austin

Well not much.

We had a guy called CenaHardy that has his BTB somewhere in the second or third page I think. It was the only other thing that has happened interesting since new years.

Other then BKB is out of BTBing for a while same as a few others; some have returned like Anigma and XBA. Wheras the rest of us are just the same as usual.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
CMS posted Wrestlebowl, and how about four matches sometimes though?

Evil Austin

Well sometimes I guess it is alright; I mean your show could still be good. With four matches occassionally.

I remember on Raw and on Smackdown on many different occasions they had only four matches because the fourth one / the main event of that night was a bit match and was the size of two. For example.

For Raw in April (i think) 2007 - Cena vs. HBK for one hour thats half of Raw.
For Smackdown - 2004 Some time in February - First ever 30 man Smackdown RR.
For Smackdown again - late 2003 or 4 I forgot - Kurt Angle vs. Lesnar for the title in a 30 minute iron man match.

There are more examples Rose but personally I don't see you giving a main event that is the size of half of our show including promo's up until that point and giving an hour long match. Because unless it's a PPV match only CMS does matches that big. So my two cents are occasionaly ok if your matches are worth it and slightly bigger then other weeks but usually have four and then a main event.

Evil Austin

On PPV's maybe but I doubt it. I in the past month have reduced my normal match size to half of what it used to be. But who knows I could be wrong. It could be the way you have it set up it makes it look giant.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

For Smackdown - 2004 Some time in February - First ever 30 man Smackdown RR.
For Smackdown again - late 2003 or 4 I forgot - Kurt Angle vs. Lesnar for the title in a 30 minute iron man match.
The first one was a ten man Rumble. The second one was a sixty minute Ironman Match.

Six matches a two hour show, imo. Five if there's a few longer ones.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

lul, typo and chu know it.

Realictically, not every match on your show is even going to last ten minutes, so why have only four matches?

Evil Austin

That's what I said; I assume it is for laziness. For weekly shows it should be five and then a slightly bigger or more impactful Main Event. Or Four and then a bigger one time special Main Event like a Cage or something.

seX-Power

6 matches per show is perfect tbh. For my Brandon x2 BTB im gonna have 14 segments per show.

Evil Austin

Hey guys whats the point of posting PPV shows in two posts. I never quite understood that; I mean I have done it before but as of late I post my PPV's just like my normal shows in one post. I was talking with my partner and we feel it just adds not needed posts to your thread.

And don't say the 'suspense' thing because I think that posting it in one part one whole post adds more suspense then the otherwise. Because while you are reading the show it adds suspense leaing into the Main Event; if you post three or four matches of seven or so. And then wait half a week and post the rest later; people would have to read the first part again to be reminded of what went down. And the suspense part would have been lossed and most of it would have been forgotten. imo/

So what is the point of it?