TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Ehh, recaps are fine for weekly shows, and I would maybe say for not so important PPV's, however I'll be writing PPV matches out in full should I ever write one. Time's been a bitch to me lately, but we'll see how we go.

EDIT: I pop up every now and then. >_>

seX-Power

Of course if you are doing recapped matches then PPVs shoulde be written in full, otherwise it's a cop out and laziness tbh. People would be deterred from your BTB if you did recapped PPVs.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Obviously, I love teh recaps~! I have been writing them for months and really enjoy them, and I was thinking of doing recapped matches for lesser PPV's as well. See how it goes anyway.

Also, James, you equal teh biggest jobber ever~! :eek:

Evil Austin

Matches on weekly shows I think would be better for readers and more enjoyable in recap; not with quick results still with a good ammount of action. For example's CT's Raw - his matches aren't the longest but they are still good, have lots of action and get to the point early without a 20 minute build up that some do.

I recently have started to do that and go all out on PPV matches.

By the way how many matches do you guys think is too much for a non important or not one of the big four ppv's. I have a PPV this sunday and it has 8 matches; I usually go for about 7 or so but yeh unless it's a Mania one is 7 right or is it too much? cause the WWE has 6 on non mania ppv's.

Evil Austin

huh? I was just abreviating everything whats the big deal I still think my sentence made sense?

The Rated R CMStar

I was just abreviating everything

What where you abreviating with "non mania"?

And yeah, it still makes sense, but meh, there's nothing to do around here, so I'll nitpick on every post :shifty:

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I really need help to decrease my writing amount, but keep like the same content in it. A lot of people have told me to decrease how much I write for a show, and thats what I'm doing in my next. Rather than:

"Rikishi takes the blow, and bends his knee, showing his pain through his face, as the crowd applauds the attacker. Samoa Joe backs up into the ropes, and bounces off, with the crowd chanting his name now. Montel nails a diving elbow connecting with Rikishi's forehead."

I'll put this:

"Montel delivers a swift kick to the thigh of Rikishi, as he follows up by running to the ropes, and using the momentum to connect with a diving elbow.".

Any tips in shortening the show, I'm not going to say this:

"Some chain wrestling starts out as Rikishi, and Montel swap control of holds, and eventually see each other in a sidehead lock situation with Porter in control."

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
I really need help to decrease my writing amount, but keep like the same content in it. A lot of people have told me to decrease how much I write for a show, and thats what I'm doing in my next. Rather than:

"Rikishi takes the blow, and bends his knee, showing his pain through his face, as the crowd applauds the attacker. Samoa Joe backs up into the ropes, and bounces off, with the crowd chanting his name now. Montel nails a diving elbow connecting with Rikishi's forehead."

I'll put this:

"Montel delivers a swift kick to the thigh of Rikishi, as he follows up by running to the ropes, and using the momentum to connect with a diving elbow.".

"Some chain wrestling starts out as Rikishi, and Montel swap control of holds, and eventually see each other in a sidehead lock situation with Porter in control."

Montel delivers a swift kick to the thigh of Rikishi and then connects with a quick diving elbow of the ropes to the fallen Samoan.

I think using quick is gives you the idea of him running and using momentum instead of using both in the sentence.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I'll put this:

Shortening your match writing doesn't neccessarily make it any better to read, y'know?

Matches on weekly shows I think would be better for readers and more enjoyable in recap; not with quick results still with a good ammount of action. For example's CT's Raw - his matches aren't the longest but they are still good, have lots of action and get to the point early without a 20 minute build up that some do.

I recently have started to do that and go all out on PPV matches.

By the way how many matches do you guys think is too much for a non important or not one of the big four ppv's. I have a PPV this sunday and it has 8 matches; I usually go for about 7 or so but yeh unless it's a Mania one is 7 right or is it too much? cause the WWE has 6 on non mania ppv's.

Six. Seven max.

seX-Power

^ :eek:

The first PPV in my BTB has 9 matches. On the plus side, I shortened it from 10.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
To be honest it doen't matter how many matchs a certain BTB has, its different to WWE thus meaning it can be any amount.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Ownage....yeah but BKB 9 matches would be about four hours, which people might wanna read.