Trish Says She Has One More Run In Her

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah I really doubt Trish gave anyone any serious publicity by wrestling that match. If it helped her out a little, good for her. No one has cared about Trish since she left WWE. She's hardly worth being called a celebrity.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well that is what happen when you go back to Canada full time. She did some Canadian movies, does a show, and opened up multiple successful yoga studios. She also is a bad ass xbox live gamer, lol, just tweet her about it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
There's no such thing as celebrities in Canada. :godfather:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Trish's return last year not helping the Divas division isn't her fault at all. Having one of the most popular divas of all time return was a massive coup for WWE but in the end it is up to them to book her properly. For her to have made herself available for some shows was a boost for WWE and the division, WWE simply chose not to push the division whilst she was there. That doesn't come down to Trish that is the fault of WWE Creative. If WWE was to bring her back again that would be good but it is up to them to use her properly to get the rest of the division over.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Trish's return last year not helping the Divas division isn't her fault at all. Having one of the most popular divas of all time return was a massive coup for WWE but in the end it is up to them to book her properly. For her to have made herself available for some shows was a boost for WWE and the division, WWE simply chose not to push the division whilst she was there. That doesn't come down to Trish that is the fault of WWE Creative. If WWE was to bring her back again that would be good but it is up to them to use her properly to get the rest of the division over.
I get the impression that's what she wants to do next time if she decides to come back again. lol, good luck with that though. WWE's women division has reached hopeless levels.

Reaction score
There's no such thing as celebrities in Canada. :godfather:

:twitter:

:side:

I don't really want Trish to come back. I would prefer that they reinvent the women's division rather than rely on Trish to help out. Besides, Trish's return last year wasn't interesting. I don't care for her anymore.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I get the impression that's what she wants to do next time if she decides to come back again. lol, good luck with that though. WWE's women division has reached hopeless levels.

It is in a pretty bad state which is strange after how strongly they booked Beth and Natalya as a team to begin with. They need some strong faces to challenge Beth but Eve just turned heel and Kelly has faced her many times before. A returning Layla might be the best option until Kharma is back full time.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I figured this could go here as she spoke about some of the current divas to ign as well yesterday
IGN: Do you keep up with the current WWE product? what are your thoughts in the current Diva's division?

Stratus: Well, I know that Nattie has a "flatulence" gimmick going on right now and a lot of people have been asking me, "Can you believe it?" And I just say, "To be honest, it's not a bad thing." Because that seems to be what everyone's talking about right now and so, to me, any time you can get yourself on TV, it's good. Two minutes is better than zero minutes. So hopefully she can take this and turn it into something else. Or somehow it gets the fans to connect with her. She's an amazing talent. Everyone's so talented right now. I know most people say that the Woman's division is crap right now, and I hear it all the time. And I want to say that it's not crap. I mean the portrayal of the Woman's division perhaps isn't as great as it could be, but the women in it are top notch. With Nattie and Beth [Phoenix] especially. And think Eve is someone who's been overlooked. She's amazingly athletic in the ring and she's come a long way. And Kelly Kelly too has risen in the quality and caliber of her matches incredibly. So right now it's all about developing the character. So the fact that Eve is doing the cutting-edge controversial angle is a good thing because people are talking about it and getting a buzz going. Same with Nattie. And with Kharma coming back too, it can only mean wonderful things for the Woman's division. And hopefully it will gain some momentum. And the fans will be into it.

I found that when Jazz and I were given the opportunity to have -- I guess you'd say, "men's style matches" instead of "chick fights" -- that it took the fans, who were all into screaming "Puppies," some time to get used to it. So we just worked our butts off and agreed that we were going to do something a little better every week and give them something different so that they can get used to seeing this. And then after a while people started getting into it. And if the fans come around then WWE production will too. Because they'll always go with what the fans are into. And that's what I found with my storyline with Jericho too. The fans wanted that storyline to happen.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with Trish on Nattie's farting gimmick. Being on TV is certainly not always a good thing. And nobody's talking about that in good ways either, no one cares how well Nattie pulls it off. It's a disgrace to her last name that she would be slapped in the face with something so stupid.

I don't normally applaud talent for giving WWE the middle finger and heading to a lesser promotion, but in Nattie's case, I'd make an exception.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
She also put Beth over and said AJ had the potential to go very far in the business because of her passion just talking to her, during the WWE chat. Had some digs for Jericho and Bryan, but yeah she put over Aj, Beth, and K2. The only other interesting parts were her saying training for a photo shoot is harder than WM for her because she knows she still got it and her wanting to go into the HOF while being the best womens champ ever

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Saw that part of the interview the other day and cannot disagree with her anymore. It's not just because it's with Nattie a girl who can work yet is in need of character but because you could put it on any diva and I would still react the same way toward it because it does nothing good for that person or that division as whole that is already looked at as a joke. Now you're gonna burying it even more because someone decided to get drunk and say hey Natalya farting all the time would make great comedy since Fart rhymes with Hart.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Saw that part of the interview the other day and cannot disagree with her anymore. It's not just because it's with Nattie a girl who can work yet is in need of character but because you could put it on any diva and I would still react the same way toward it because it does nothing good for that person or that division as whole that is already looked at as a joke. Now you're gonna burying it even more because someone decided to get drunk and say hey Natalya farting all the time would make great comedy since Fart rhymes with Hart.
In her case, getting less television time could have actually protected her reputation.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Honestly I would be pissed it any were any diva but Natalya, but the Harts bore the fuck out of me and nothing they have ever done has ever gotten her over or showed any personality on her part be she heel or face (probably in the DNA as only Owen was ever an entertaining personality to me). The thing is she has never shown in a WWE ring the ability to be so good in the ring I can ignore her being a drone, in fact for all the Hart blood in the world, I have often times found her to be behind McCool, Layla, Melina, Mickie, and Beth more often than not
Lets be real here though they haven't really gave her some big chance to do something and run with it. Not only her but pretty much every diva which is why it's hard for them to create a personality cause they aren't given a chance. Mccool and Layla are the only ones who come to mind who were the last ones whoever got a full shot at being able to show their personality and run with it. Can only expect so much from Natalya when her strong point follows family tradition which is in ring work and the average diva match is like what 2 minutes if you're lucky.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think Natalya's biggest down fall is she simply can't find that way to connect. Beth and McCool could wrestle a hard hitting style so the fans got into that. Melina was bendy and could talk. Mickie got put over by Trish and Lita. Layla learned a lot from Michelle and in turn helped her develop a personality. Kelly even for all her short comings just has that ability to interact with the fans no matter how bad her skills at time were, much like Maria did. Natalya has had Bret come in and talk her up and she didn't get over, been partnered with Beth and didn't get over, tried as a face to stop LayCool and didn't get over, and managed a team who didn't get over. She really doesn't connect, so they are doing silly shit with her kinda like Steve Blackman. Her look hurts as well because you can't make her not look manly, like they can do with Tamina/Chyna/Beth/Jazz. I wish they just cut ties all together because she has a lot in common with DH when it comes to being a drone, and would benefit from a reset and just simply wrestling in TNA where she could do all her moves, spots, and have a crowd who cheers anything

Last edited by a moderator: