Trish Says She Has One More Run In Her

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Think he means it flopped in terms of doing anything for the actual division or getting anyone over. All that stuff about yoga and all that is pretty irrelevant to why you bring Trish in. You bring her in cause you market her as the greatest WWE diva of all time therefore supposed to make the whole division seem relevant again and create some at least somewhat memorable moments whether it be a feud, match whatever and none of that really happened. Her comeback was pretty forgettable which I'm sure isn't really her fault or anything but still. The Snooki deal had nothing to do with Trish as far as something you could give her credit for. Could have made it Snooki vs Funaki and it would have got the same exact press it got cause it all cause Snooki was making a WWE appearance.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Trish back? Maybe I´ll reconsider watching divas division once again.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
You could bring all the divas back in the world it won't help wwe are in the worst shape in building stars at the moment and meed something more then the old people coming back for a slice of pie, yes Trish was over when she came back but sues not exactly going to lose the match is she.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
:lmao @ "National media coverage with Snooki"

PSYCH, you do realize, most of the news shows reporting on that were just saying, "Oh hey, look what this silly drunk bitch from Jersey Shore is doing now! She's wrestling! lol"

Trish didn't get any "national media coverage". Frankly, I marked harder for Snooki's finishing move more than anything Trish did.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Good Morning America had her on to discuss her yoga brand, as did Busted Open, Mike and Mike, and The Score, Cerbs.

Think he means it flopped in terms of doing anything for the actual division or getting anyone over. All that stuff about yoga and all that is pretty irrelevant to why you bring Trish in. You bring her in cause you market her as the greatest WWE diva of all time therefore supposed to make the whole division seem relevant again and create some at least somewhat memorable moments whether it be a feud, match whatever and none of that really happened. Her comeback was pretty forgettable which I'm sure isn't really her fault or anything but still. The Snooki deal had nothing to do with Trish as far as something you could give her credit for. Could have made it Snooki vs Funaki and it would have got the same exact press it got cause it all cause Snooki was making a WWE appearance.

I'm saying that she has done an interview in the past on Busted Open and said that she was approached with a list of things to accomplish last year.

- Promote TE and show the trainers still had it as the men were not in ring shape
- Teach Snooki which she did down in Tampa
- Help elevate Morrison, which we all know how that went
- And she wanted to promote her yoga, which they agreed to as well as work with LayCool.
- Get viewers, which she has always done as her Raw matches drew without Snooki there

Her goals at the time which her and vince had worked out for that run were met.

This time if she returned it would be about Beth, the division, and who is the best ever. The goals would be putting Beth, the title, and divas over while maybe stealing some of the show at Mania. If those were not met, it would be a flop. My point is you can't flop if your targeted goals are met, only if you fall short

And don't ever disrespect SD's #1 Announcer like that again ... Indeed

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
My point was I was speaking of flopping when it came to her goals only flopping when it came to doing anything for the actual division. The most helpful thing she did was TE which I think it was great for her to be apart of that. I just didn't like her last return personally outside of TE. That said I want her back part time or full time if she felt like it cause I think as long they put effort into it she can be very positive for that division that needs anything and everything to at least attempt to make people give a shit.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Thankyou, god forbid Psych actually focuses on the in-ring product for a change he's like Pyro on a completely different level.

Her return did nothing for Laycool, Dolph, Vickie or the Divas Division. The only thing it did something for was JoMo and that wasn't for the better. That whole angle was just totally forgettable which for the supposed greatest Diva of all time, isn't a good thing. The only thing I actually remember is some awful promo she did with Booker for TE and when she botched that Stratusphere. Hell, the only reason why this angle may be remotely memorable is because of Snooki, not Trish.

Her returning again won't fix anything, not even slightly.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Are you really saying that if trish came back like on a HBK schedule she could not help the division? She would not get dedicated weekly time over the champ disappearing for weeks or 2 minute matches? She would not draw viewers instead of losing them each segment like the current crop? She would not be able to actually cut a promo and talk up feuds as a heel or face? And that could not carry even trash to decent matches the crowd would like and average talent to solid ones like she did most her in ring career?

C'mon that is hate pure and simple.

Trish is the Rock/Austin/Hogan all rolled into one when you take into account what she drew, ground she broke, and how she was received. Vince damn sure would not waste her in a regular TV role as he never did because she is good for business to quote your boy Dwayne

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
She got pretty damn wasted when the best you can do is a match with Vickie and other half assed T.V matches she did that no one will remember. So if Vince views her as that big of a name then he did a sorry ass job of using her to that level.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well at least she has a Legends deal now, which is why she was placed back in WWE 12 and they released more of her old merch and did a 24/7 feature on her old DVD. Before she was just on a TE deal and said they had three matches and TE negotiated in it. I think they would get more out of her now than last year.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Like I said, her returning wouldn't fix shit so you can call me a hater all you like. The WWE would just be catering to her for her return and not the division itself, so yeah it might seem all rosey while she was there with them getting a brief promo and an extra couple of minutes for their matches, but once she inevitably dissapears again it will just go back to how it is now. If the division was actually worth a damn at the minute and they even gave the remotest of shits about it then sure, she may be able to help them then.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Good Morning America had her on to discuss her yoga brand, as did Busted Open, Mike and Mike, and The Score, Cerbs.
And you think it was all because she was booked in one friggin match with Snooki? :lmao

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Trish return... worth a fucking shot, right?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
And you think it was all because she was booked in one friggin match with Snooki? :lmao
Where did I say that exactly? I said she got them publicity and got to promote her endeavor and the company in the media, which were her goals. She did all those gigs to promote TE, Stratusphere, and Snooki before WM. The only one that occurred after was Busted Open where she admitted Morrison gave her the cold shoulder.