Trish Says She Has One More Run In Her

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The gorgeous Canadian, 36, retired from the ring in 2006, but has made occasional appearances since, including working a bout at WrestleMania 27.She's also had tag matches with current Divas champion Phoenix, but never a dream one-on-one contest.In an exclusive interview,

Stratus told SunSport: "A match with Beth would be pretty amazing! I think she's just awesome in the ring.
"As a fan, stepping out of Trish the performer, I'd like to see myself and Beth Phoenix."With all the teases we've had along the way, to have a one-on-one match would be awesome. I'd love to work her. That's definitely on my bucket list."I've got a lot in me. I really do. Physically I'm at my best. One of the key things that made me leave was the fact that my body was just beat, but at this point I'm healthy and strong."I feel I could go back and take the beatings — and then some."I always leave the door open, because you never know. It sounds so cliché, but if the right opportunity presented itself I would obviously take advantage of it.

Stratus: I'd return to WWE for Beth bout | The Sun |Sport|Wrestling
Her and Beth could have a damn good match or series of matches. Beth has beaten everybody and to truly be the most dominant Diva ever, she would have to face the best Diva ever the company's history. Really there is no other match I would like to see and no substitute with Kharma reportedly not being ready to comeback on the road for months

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If her coming back means they would attempt to give a shit about the divas as a whole then I'm all for it. Not surprised about her being in the best shape of her life given how much yoga seems to help. I actually would wanna see Kharma vs Beth more than Beth vs Trish cause of the power aspect but I'd take any combo of those 3 in a match or even a 3 way.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I would have took Kharma v Beth, Kharma v trish, or all 3 as well but reports say she isn't ready to return to the road yet and the Rumble was a one off. I think the Kharma matchups start around the summer tbh.

I would take McCool vs Beth as well if it were possible or Layla vs her if Layla had more time to get ready

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Have her put over Kharma and Beth repeatedly. At least the matches would actually be worth watching in the Diva division again.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Id take a three way boo ya

But seriously if either Trish or Lita were to come back it'd be wonderfull for the divas division because even if just for that little bit divas would matter they'd get storylines with arcs and have matches that last over three minutes.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would be great if she came back for an extended run rather than just one match. WWE would actually pay attention to the division and they would get so much more exposure. Hopefully she does return soon and then Lita can return as well.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Meh, that's okay Trish. We got the idea last year at Wrestlemania.

Her presence would make a temporary spike in the amount of time the divas get on television, but the second she's gone, everything would just go back to being the same as it is now.

I just, I dunno, I kinda like the idea of her doing what she can to help the divas division, maybe get it to be taken a little more seriously, but I really cannot see it changing anything in the long run. It would only change temporarily to accommodate her, but considering anyone she puts over will likely be in vain, I can't help but feel like it would be a tremendous waste of time.

Besides, the men's divisions have their own problems right now, and I would like to see more focus geared towards stabilizing it rather than over-indulging in Attitude era nostalgia.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Do it like this:
Trish vs Beth feud => Kharma comes back => Kharma helps Trish=> Trish turns on Kharma and have Trish+Beth vs Kharma.
Egh, that would put Kharma way over.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The only problem is would you be able to get fans to boo Trish? With these older stars that continue to make comebacks fans don't want to boo them, they want to cheer them everytime they see them so it will be tough to turn them against her.

PY.

Reaction score
As good as Kharma/Beth was sounding, it doesn't seem likely for this years Wrestlemania. A good substitute since she's arguably one of the best divas of all time, can still go, and is a damn pleasure to look at.

Reactions: 1 person

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Couldn't give a rats ass. Her return last year flopped and the fans just took to her like any normal Diva.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
In what world did it flop? She got national media coverage with Snooki, worked most of the mania match, put TE over, got Morrison buried for being a dumbass by her peers, promoted her yoga studio, and was more over than Morrison and anyone in their whole little feud outside Snooki and Vickie?

Reactions: 1 person

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah that's cool 'n all but what does any of that have to do with her actual return? But hey, it is you replying afterall so I don't no what I was expecting really.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You said her last return flopped. That would imply that it didn't amount to anything. The thing is she went admittedly with a hand full of goals.

Spread the word about the benefits of yoga - check as wwe.com and GMA did a piece on it
Promote Tough Enough and that the trainers could still go as asked by Vince - check
Work with Snooki and get her ready as well as carry the WM match - double check
Be over with the fans and draw viewers - check as viewership went up with her segments like always in her career

The only thing she didn't accomplish was getting Morrison over like she wanted, as she had a plan and pitched it to him and the company, but he cold shouldered her due to being pussy whipped by Melina not getting the spot.

In what world is accomplishing the majority of the intended goals for your return considered a flop?

You can't even knock ring skills truly because her and LayCool worked the Mania match and Raw matches while she was getting bigger reactions than Morrison and Dolph in the angle

Normal divas like Beth don't draw viewers or get reactions (Kelly excluded) so Raw just gives them 2-3 minutes and says fuck it. In no way was drawing viewers, getting bigger reaction than the men, and getting media attention "Normal Diva Stuff"

Last edited:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Whoever doesn't want Trish back simply is a troll. Trish is a legend in this company and should be the Undertaker among divas. She could come back whenever she wants and do whatever she wants. She still gets big pops and will forever be the greatest diva ever. To say she flopped is ridiculous on so many levels.