Triple H Wanting To Focus On Tag Division?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The tag division, if they build it again, could really be a cause for abandoning the brand separation, which would be the best idea by far... but then creative has to be spot fucking on to get their shit right and focus on feuds for contention, etc.

IF the E could somehow talk WGTT into coming back (as far as I know, they've had Shelton wrestle dark matches as recently as weeks ago and allow Gold Standard signs in the arenas)... it would set up an incredible feud with KoW... especially for bragging rights on who really is the grandest team. You could literally start multiple feuds with other teams off of THAT one feud alone if booked right.

I really do hope they can acquire these pieces and get it done. For now, I'm looking forward to KoW vs. some of the teams they've got now... anything else would be ideal...

Airfixx

Reaction score
"some of the teams they've got now"
LOL... Uso's and 'The Brothers Shit'... I'm not missing anyone am i?

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Sounds good, ive been waiting for them to do something with the tag division for so long, hopefully they go through with these signings and we get some good tag matches and feuds started because as of right now I honestly couldnt name a tag team besides the Usos and the tag champs. Get KoW, Young Bucks, WGTT, and if they somehow get BMI or MCMG thatd be insane, also Ryder and Hawkins back together would be pretty cool.

...god...

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing new happened at FCW btw, with Black promising the "biggest night in FCW history". Aside from a good match with Black/Moxley.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Why would the WWE try to sign the Young Bucks when there's MCMG about? MCMG can actually work, The Bucks are just two non-roided John Morrisons. Also Shelley & Sabin are excellent talkers as well.

WGTT is way too played out in WWE too, no point in bringing them back when they were totally buried and made irrelevant in the past. They'd be better off picking one of them and giving them a total reboot than reseting WGTT again. I wouldn't mind seeing The Kings or Beer Money in though...honestly they've got tons of potential with the singles undercard they have to make teams they don't HAVE to sign anyone to have a hot division. (lol at the Dudleys)

Just off the top of my head: Gabriel/Bourne, Hawkins/Ryder, JTG/Zeke, Show/Kane, Cody/Ted not to mention people like Tatsu, Barreta, Reks, Primo, Mcintyre, Skip Sheffield, Swagger, Brodus Clay. All have some value and aren't doing a damn thing and could actually have a decent career in the right team.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
MCMG aren't FA's yet and it looks like Shelley is getting a bit of a push right now in TNA... the Bucks are already available.

And honestly, teams could actually be the legit springboard to bring managers back. Nash/Shelley had a very good chemistry before... and Nash is from Detroit, so the MC connection still works...

And I disagree about WGTT. They've been off dominating one of the only tag divisions left in the western hemisphere... perfect way to bolster their value when you bring them back in if it's hurt like you suggest it is. Benjamin and Haas as a team are as solid as any team out there... but we don't even know if they're willing to leave ROH in the first place.

I do like some of your suggested teams though... ESPECIALLY Gabriel/Bourne. Can't wait to hear that Slater is fired for this sexual abuse charge that is lingering right now. I'm not sold on JTG/Zeke though, and Priceless doesn't need to reform... Cody's an outstanding single's guy.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Meh, i'm not saying it wouldn't be cool to have WGTT back around again. But WWE isn't going to talk about their excellent ROH work, so the average fan won't know they've been the tag champs. Their rep to the 'E crowd is the same as always...two losers that haven't done anything. (Does the average fan even remember Team Angle?) Shelton's my favorite US wrestler, I don't wanna knock him/them...WWE would just have to take time to make them look strong again.

Those were just random team ideas, i'd rather not team JTG and Zeke up...but they're two black dudes. >_> And I don't think Cody's winning the World Title soon, I agree that he's good on his own, but I believe the Tag Titles could mean more than an IC Title run, and they could actually right their wrongs booking-wise with a real feud unlike with Legacy. Cody could tag with someone else that's actually good too...Ted just came to mind, since they've pretty much unofficially reformed as is.

...god...

Reaction score
Cody is the best thing on SD (Facesheamus really close behind). And the WWE sees it too, just up and giving him the IC title. Fuck putting him in another stupid ass tag team, that's just going backwards. He needs to be put in a major feud nowish, even take the MITB from Daniel Bryan (before people bitch about this idea, it could instantly set up a title feud for Bryan when Cody wins it). Sigh, the WWE fucked itself over like morons and there isn't really any legends or stars around to put over guys like Cody, thus why he should just be pushed to the moon and be Christian's next feud (along with Sheamus). Unless someone like Taker or Jeff or Foley is going to come back soon and feud with him. More realistically though, sadly we'll probably see Cody/Sheamus even though Sheamus is far above the IC title (Cody too for that matter, but he's still the champ).

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Cody really doesn't have any real cred though, so why not put him in a team in a legit division and get him some? You pretty much gave all the reasons why he isn't going to get any. Realistically even Sheamus is way above him. Who is there? Jackson? Bryan? Cara? He's already lost feuds to Bryan and Cara and the IC Title doesn't mean anything. Lol, if anything him getting the title is a sign they want to job him out, considering Zeke and Barrett lost every match as IC Champ. If he was in a tag team it would be because the Tag Titles would mean almost as much as the WHC.

Actually, what I THINK is gonna happen is some sort of match/feud with Booker they keep teasing. But who knows with this booking team. Point is, feuding with people like Jackson and Bryan isn't doing anything for anybody. He's probably not feuding with Orton or turning anytime soon, so he's pretty lost as a singles wrestler in the purgatory known as SD's mid-card.

...god...

Reaction score
O ya, forgot about Booker, and he always looks like he's gonna cry when he gets that paper bag. Was just thinking about that too, lmao. And he beat Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania. That's a SHITLOAD of cred, he also dominated that feud. And I barely remember the outcomes of the Bryan matches but I thought it was even? Not like it really matters, it doesn't hurt either men.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I didn't even remember that Rey match, lol. But the fact that he's down the card leads me to think they didn't push it as a big win. >_> But that Bryan thing is right, it was even booking, which neither hurt nor helped either man. They're both in the same spot as before. His (Well, this applies to anybody on SD, not just Cody.) only hope of the ME cred/push that we want to see someone like Cody get is to have him go even with Orton, or go over someone convincingly, which they may be leading to with Booker. I just don't think they've elevated him enough yet to go for the WHC, but anything could happen, and I think he'll get there eventually either way.

...god...

Reaction score
No one will ever go even with Orton, him going to SD ruined so much shit, I wish he'd just leave although admittedly I've began to like his character more so now than for a long time. I fucking hate how the WWE just has to have someone like an Orton or a Cena or a Taker bury the entire roster and no one can shine. I always allude to this but remember SD back in 09? So goddamn awesome, it was like ECW all over again as far as people getting a chance to shine, Punk getting a chance to run with the ball, epic Punk/Hardy feud with Morrison looking to be properly booked into the main event. Hey, then the Undertaker comes and destroys all momentum and we go into some shit big man vs. big man feud for the 854985439th time.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I agree, man. But you bringing up '09 makes me think. At least if Christian gets squashed against Orton, he'll just go to feuding with a young, potentially hot face, instead of a referee. So it'll at least be a step up from that angle, right?

...god...

Reaction score
Christian won't lose at Summerslam, I guarantee. Someone's definitely interfering and becoming Christian's new bodyguard. Hopefully they put him out indefinitely.