Triple H Wanting To Focus On Tag Division?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
- Triple H is serious on introducing new talents through vignettes and promos. It's also being said that Triple H is interested in reviving the WWE Tag Team division. Word is that they are really starting to recruit tag teams and see if some names are under contract to other promotions.

There has been talk internally about The Brisco Brothers but they are signed to Ring of Honor. There has also been a lot of talk about TNA's Beer Money and bringing them in once they are able to get away from TNA.

Regarding the Kings of Wrestling - Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli coming, the talk is that they will indeed be brought in together as a tag team and not singles wrestlers.

-PWI

Well, put as much clout as you like behind this... as many times as we've heard shit like this and it never happens. But there have been rumors recently that someone close to Haas & Benjamin told Kurt Angle his politicking for WGTT isn't wise as they're likely only headed to WWE if they return to a major promotion (this rumor started when KoW were "signed").

I also like the idea of Beer Money tbh... though I can see it turning into Storm being dumped quick and Roode being thrown into singles competition... but if there's any seriousness to keeping them as a team, it'd be fucking brilliant, tbh...

Airfixx

Reaction score
Bring back WGTT, sign BMI, put Ryder & Hawkins back together, Bring back Croft and re-pair the Dudebusters.... + Uso's, KOW and give Kane/Show another run (I was enjoying that! damnit!). That's a tasty tag division, IMO.

Letting Harry Smith go seems dumb now, cos HD mainly lacked someone to work with not named Uso (who have since improved quite a bit anyway).

BUT.... As you say LF, heard it all before.

Re: Beer Money... You'd reckon they'd let them keep using that gimmick?

I tell ya one thing, if TNA lose BMI then MCMG need to either split double quick or get the fuck out too!

Reaction score
This will bring back some credentials to thd tag team belts. Since the bryan kendrick & paul london split, the tag team division lost its value.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Nah, you're probably right on the money. I just hope they ditch the lame fucking trunks and actually get a real look to them... they're pretty decent in the ring, tbh... I'm not too familiar with them individually, but one of them is VERY comfortable with his character in the ring and looks like a true sell.

I agree with Fixx that MCMG would need to split if BMI leaves... I don't see TNA moving forward with their tag division, which is sad because for a while after the X-Division diminishing, their tag division was okay... now they're more focused on the Knockout Tag Titles, smh.

And yeah, I could see BMI keeping the gimmick in WWE... it's not like adults drinking a beer isn't PG... shit, they still let Austin give people beer baths. I don't know about letting Storm smash bottles on people's faces anymore tho, lol...

Airfixx

Reaction score
^Nah, you're probably right on the money. I just hope they ditch the lame fucking trunks and actually get a real look to them... they're pretty decent in the ring, tbh... I'm not too familiar with them individually, but one of them is VERY comfortable with his character in the ring and looks like a true sell.

Forgot about those guys, but as long as they're not injury prone cos of their style then I think they'd do good for WWE. I mean, they're pretty much a straight-up cross between Hardys & Londrick. Casual fans & the kidz love all the flippy/flying biz.

I agree with Fixx that MCMG would need to split if BMI leaves... I don't see TNA moving forward with their tag division, which is sad because for a while after the X-Division diminishing, their tag division was okay... now they're more focused on the Knockout Tag Titles, smh.

Indeed. I always felt the TNA tag div was overrated in terms of the actual teams it consisted of over the years, but at this point they really have got NOTHING beyond MCMG & BMI...

A cheap LAX rip off, the god-awful Ink Inc & another stab at the Brits.... 'Sweeet'! lol

And yeah, I could see BMI keeping the gimmick in WWE... it's not like adults drinking a beer isn't PG... shit, they still let Austin give people beer baths. I don't know about letting Storm smash bottles on people's faces anymore tho, lol...

I s'pose, if you look at it like that, yeah.... Even the bottle thing, if they use gimmick glass, would be ok. Just as long as they kept the beer scooter cos that's the definition of E-P-I-C!

monkeystyle

Reaction score

They will be aligned with Cena and renamed Kool-Aid Kash. They will also consistently match John Cena's merchandise colours (flavours of the month) and instead of Storm cracking beer bottles over people's faces he will instead spit different coloured kool-aid in people's faces injuring them to various degree depending on the colour of kool-aid used.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Potential heel turn to come when Storm goes overboard and mixes all kool-aid flavours into one spray known as the suicide spray.

...god...

Reaction score
They will be aligned with Cena and renamed Kool-Aid Kash. They will also consistently match John Cena's merchandise colours (flavours of the month) and instead of Storm cracking beer bottles over people's faces he will instead spit different coloured kool-aid in people's faces injuring them to various degree depending on the colour of kool-aid used.
You should have deleted this post. It sucks.

...god...

Reaction score
Anyways, this is fucking awesome news. KoW + Briscoes + BEER fucking MONEY + Young Bucks (if not MCMG) is like E&C/Dudleys/APA/Hardys all over again.

Reaction score
Anyways, this is fucking awesome news. KoW + Briscoes + BEER fucking MONEY + Young Bucks (if not MCMG) is like E&C/Dudleys/APA/Hardys all over again.

I beg to differ. The in ring product will rock, no doubt. But I don't see the level of all around talent with this group as the other group. Bubba, Edge, Christian, Bradshaw and the Hardys back then>>>>what these guys offer now.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Yeah a good tag division would be nice once again. Back in the day, we used to have 2 sometimes 3 tag team feuds going on at once. Now its Otunga and McGuillicutty, who are fucking awesome, vs Santino and Random low card wrestler. Which sucks. These Hero/Cagstagnoli guys sound promising, but otherwise who do we have? The Usos are nasty but they dont seem to wanna give them a chance. Theres plenty of guys on the roster who could make credible teams Kofi Kingston is a prime example, he should be strictly tag team imo throw him with some Trent Barretta or Primo would be perfect, they could be like some kinda relaxed carribean team or some shit. And if they really want they should go and fetch Benjamin and Haas again as well as Beer Money because those guys are fuckin gold. What WWEs biggest problem has been is the sudden tag splits that happen way too pre maturely. Hart Dynasty should still be together. Shit Cryme Tyme should still be together. Alot of those Nxt guys should be in tag teams as well, and not random thrown together teams, actual teams with a similar purpose or something intruging.