TNA Victory Road: KO Tag Titles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Alot of wrestlers succeed in OVW, but suck in WWE for the most part

Wrestling Station

Ok John Cena & Batista are champions, so whether you hate or like, they are the big guns in WWE. End of story....lol
Anyway, Batista i liked him most when he was as a heel
John Cena i enjoy his mic skills especially when he was in SD. But atleast he drag fans, there is no problem about him. Cena still stay in the top 5 wrestlers in WWE today according to fan favourite.

Others like Finlay and Benoit that can really wrestle, have less fans but it doesnt mean is coz they are underdogs, is just for mis-using them in the booking and storylines.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't understand how someone who says that Cena can't wrestle can say that guys like Sabu and Sandman are.

Without Tables, Barbed Wire or any other weapons both those guys are useless. Every regular Sabu match I've seen of his since the revival of ECW has been him half heartedly jumping off the ropes throwing elbows.

Anybody can work reasonably well in a hardcore environment, John Cena has himself, noting ONS 2 as a prime example.

The difference though is, Cena despite my hate, still can work a decent to good match when he wants to without all the gimmicks. Sabu and Sandman cannot do this. Sabu and Sandman are one trick ponies. That's it.

You're just plain wrong on this gentlemen. I used to think like you. Now I still hate Cena's character, but I can't deny the facts anymore.

3lions

Reaction score
I love reading CenaMark's posts. Even when he is dealing with blind reatrded haters like in this thread, he still defends himself and gets his point across great. unlike these people who just try to flame and continue to deny the facts which are laid out infront of them.

Btw, I agree with everything CenaMark. Cena is a draw and a/the top draw in the company at this moment in time.

imported_Loki

Reaction score
ok watever some one close this it will just end up being a loop of the same shit i belive we got our points across

Johnny23

Reaction score
My god CenaMark please tell me you didnt just write that Rapping-Marine boy is better than Sabu,man you need to wake the hell up,Cena cant wrestle for s**t and is simply a C-Level Rock IN MY EYES,and what gives you the right to say Chris Benoit is inferior,just cause the guy is'nt the best on the mike,who cares the guy brings it where it counts and thats in the ring,where as SUPERMAN couldnt wrestle his way out of a paper bag!

Johnny23

Reaction score
So I made a comment on Cena,why you calling me names,atleast tell me im wrong with my views or something,i dont go around calling you names..

Reaction score
Just a side note, they did not turn Cena because he was over. They turned him so that people would go and buy tickets to see "The Marine". that is not the only reason, but it is the main reason he got his WWE title push

BrotherBruti

Reaction score
On the Undercard of the Original Grandaddy of Them
Ohhhhh, a Cena debate. Always the same yet always so much fun. Want my opinion? Of course you don't but here it is anyway.............

John Cena is the most over guy in WWE right now. Maybe not the most popular but certainly he gains a stronger reaction, good or bad, than anyone else on the roster. Is he a good wrestler in the sense that everything he does looks good? Nope. Neither is a large number of guys working in WWE right now. But Cena is believeable as a character and it's the character that draws the crowd into his matchs.

The fact that Cena's been added to the last two SmackDown! PPV events suggests that he was added to the show because WWE believes his fans will buy the show just to see him. He draws fans to the product. This makes him a draw. Is this because he's Champion? No, it's because people like him. And because people like him he's considered Championship material.

Why do people like him? Because he has charisma, a natural likeability. He comes across on TV as a nice guy, someone you could get on well with. Thats why his fans like him. Why is he booked as SUPERMAN? Because he's good at it. Just like Hogan, Austin, Rock and evan guys like Goldberg and The Warrior. He has it, that special something that seperates Cena from guys like Rene Dupree and Charlie Haas.

He has a connection with the fans that very few wrestlers have these days. Should that be ignored because his punchs look crap? Of course not. WWE is a business. It exists to make money. Cena makes money for WWE.

Why do so many people hate him? I don't know for sure, too many reasons to mention. It's fair to say some of it simply comes down to rebeling against the establishment. WWE wants fans to cheer for Cena and they do. WWE wants fans to cheer for every babyface on the roster. Thats what the babyface is for. Some people just like being different.

As great as Chris Benoit is he is inferior to Cena where it really matters. Benoit is well respected by fans but he isn't loved by fans because his character has no connection with people. Does he evan have a character? There is no doubt that Benoit is a better wrestler but anyone who thinks thats all that matters in modern wrestling is delusional. Benoit had his day of glory at WrestleMania XX and no one will forget that.

Is JBL the worst drawing Champion in WWE history? I thought that was Kevin Nash but i could be wrong. To be fair they were both on top when the company as a whole sucked, 1995 and 2004.

I'm sure theres more but i'll leave it there..........

3lions

Reaction score
Just a side note, they did not turn Cena because he was over. They turned him so that people would go and buy tickets to see "The Marine". that is not the only reason, but it is the main reason he got his WWE title push

So let me get this straight ... WWE decided to turn one of their stars face, for a movie which was yet to be made and wouldn't be released for OVER TWO YEARS !! Hmm. Surprisingly, I disagree with you :nono:

WWE turned Cena into a face, because he was being cheered no matter what he did. This forced WWE's hand and made them turn him face, preparing him for a huge push, which would see him reign as the United States Champion and then dropping the title in time to defeat JBL for the WWE Title. This isn't WCW, WWE don't just put the strap on anybody. At the time Cena won his first WWE Title, everybody (or near enough) was happy with the decision and were glad that WWE were pushing the younger guys in the company and not being lumbered with the older guys, which is what was happening on Raw with Triple H.

Obviously as time went by people started turning on Cena and that is when he became the #1 guy to hate on. Everyone knows he is no Steamboat, but you can't argue that he has improved a lot over the past twelve months and his work ethic is second to none. He is a drawing machine and will carry the WWE into the next generation. I have said this several times before and will continue to do so.

How people can still sit at their computers and proceed to bash Cena and refuse to look at the facts is beyond me.

ChiWa

Reaction score
Is this where I get make my real feelings on Cena known? OK, I have never hated Cena, but I have never really bought into him either. I never saw Smackdown on his way up, but I bought the Rumble that year and it seemed Cena and Batista got the biggesst pops from the crowd. Then after Mania they were both Champs. After that they swapped shows. Cena did his rappin' game for the last I can remember (- k-fed), on Christian, that I thought was hilarious "Gangrel was suckin' blood, you were suckin' somethin' else". After that he retired Jericho (who wanted it), and ran through the rest of the year. I was glad he had a nice one year run, but now it was time for the king to go back on his throne. And it didn't happen. Now he is an undefeatable Hulk Hogan cartoon, and a HBK underdog, who will always comeback to win. If he is really pulling that much attention, then you have leave the belt on him. There are two Subway commercials running here now, one with Cena,and one with Tony Stewart. Cena = Tony Stewart? Not even close. I think Cena needs a break from the top, and this is the time.

Reaction score
Cena did his rappin' game for the last I can remember (- k-fed), on Christian, that I thought was hilarious "Gangrel was suckin' blood, you were suckin' somethin' else".

Haha yeah, I remember that. It wasn't Christian though. It was Edge, wasn't it? As I recall, the verse went: "You couldn't cut it with the brood, they put you on the shelf. Gangrel was suckin' blood, you were suckin' somethin else!" Anyways, rep added for the trip down memory lane.

Cena's rhymes were always wicked. It's a shame he doesn't do them anymore. That brings me to my next point - what is Cena now? From the way things were shaping up after the release of The Marine, Cena was turning into a military-type gimmick. He still wears the camoflauge army apparel, yet he also wears his shorts and enters with his rap theme. It is not a big issue in my opinion, I just think the WWE should strictly continue with one gimmick - soldier or thug. Personally, I didn't mind his thug persona. His raps were key and he got more pops from the crowd.

CenaMark54

My god CenaMark please tell me you didnt just write that Rapping-Marine boy is better than Sabu,man you need to wake the hell up,Cena cant wrestle for s**t and is simply a C-Level Rock IN MY EYES,and what gives you the right to say Chris Benoit is inferior,just cause the guy is'nt the best on the mike,who cares the guy brings it where it counts and thats in the ring,where as SUPERMAN couldnt wrestle his way out of a paper bag!

There's a lot more to professional wrestling then being a great in ring worker. You aren't going to be considered great if you have the personality of a horse. I'm sorry to break it too you, but when all is said and done, Cena will be considered an all time great.

Also, if this will make you stop crying, I said Benoit is inferior to overall performers like HHH. But I did include Cena in my list of those who are good overall, so I guess that does mean I say Benoit is inferior to Cena.

Cena's superior charisma and mic skills far outweigh Benoits superior mat skills.

While we are on Benoit, people say Cena's matches are predictable and repetitive, well Benoit has been doing the same thing for like five years. If you have seen one Benoit match you have seen them all. Personally, I think Finlay is a far more entertaining in ring worker than Benoit at this stage.