TNA Victory Road: KO Tag Titles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
damnit cenamark, cena is the biggest draw becuz he is the champion, if undertaker were champion he'd be the biggest draw. same goes with any face champion (minus the talentless batista). the reason cena is so popular is not only becuz vinces pushes him liek crazy (beating umaga twice in a row for example, when umaga ran threw everyone in his path), but because he can cut a good promo. notice neither of the other champions have mic skills. it may be a proven fact that jhe is a maun draw, but when cena comes out notice who the camera focus' on... kids and chicks everytime. thast becuz any smart wrestling fan over the age of 12 realize cenas matches are boring, and he has a limited moveset. some can argue that vince purposely limits his moves... but i dnt understand that argument. if vince wants him to be champion, why not let him use his good moves, or at least other moves that aren't good, anything besides his 10 moves of doom.

CenaMark54

cenamark,im not being biased. just answer this. what is it that makes you soo obsessed with john cena?

How am I obsessed?

I defend him against accusations that just aren't true.

Some people have so much hate for Cena that it blinds them of the truth. When people go and say Batista is better than Cena I feel I have to step in and represent.

John Cena is the most underrated in ring worker in the WWE. People claim he only has 6 moves and say he is "superman". Its just not true. Most of the wrestlers in the WWE have a movelist of 6-10 moves and most have a certain progression of moves they use throughout the match. The truth is, Cena plays his role perfectly, he sells well short term. He does exactly what the booking team tells him to do and he does it well.

On the mic, he is one of the best. Right up there with Edge, JBL and HHH.

I like all around solid workers like Cena, Edge, Orton, HHH and CM Punk. If a wrestler has no mic skills and no charisma, most likely I will not think much of them. I can respect a worker like Benoit, but his lack of mic skills and charisma just makes him inferior (In my eyes) to a perfect overall worker like HHH.

To say Masters, Lashley, Batista, Sabu, Sandman, etc are better than Cena is just an all out lie and I think most of the hate comes from the fact that people feel it is cool to go against the grain. I can understand people just not liking him/his character, but its when you go and say Batista is better in the ring and his moveset is weak it pisses me off.

CenaMark54

damnit cenamark, cena is the biggest draw becuz he is the champion, if undertaker were champion he'd be the biggest draw. same goes with any face champion (minus the talentless batista). the reason cena is so popular is not only becuz vinces pushes him liek crazy (beating umaga twice in a row for example, when umaga ran threw everyone in his path), but because he can cut a good promo. notice neither of the other champions have mic skills. it may be a proven fact that jhe is a maun draw, but when cena comes out notice who the camera focus' on... kids and chicks everytime. thast becuz any smart wrestling fan over the age of 12 realize cenas matches are boring, and he has a limited moveset. some can argue that vince purposely limits his moves... but i dnt understand that argument. if vince wants him to be champion, why not let him use his good moves, or at least other moves that aren't good, anything besides his 10 moves of doom.

You are dead wrong. Being champion doesn't make you a draw. Look at Benoit, look at Rey. Hell look at JBL, the worst drawing champion of all time. They were all champions, and they never drew as good as Cena.

Cena does put on entertaining matches. Cena/Umaga is an early candidate for WWE match of the year. He gets the crowd into his matches unlike most of the wrestlers currently on the roster.

Have you heard the crowds? They pop more for Cena than anyone on the roster everytime. Unless everyone in the crowd is a 12 year old and a women, i'm pretty sure there are some grown men cheering him.

imported_Loki

Reaction score
^^ BIGEST LOAD OF SHIT IVE HEARD ALL DAY^^ and secondly Masters, Lashley, Batista are shit i agree i said batista is slightly better than cena and as for sabu and sandman they may have no mic skills but they put on one damn of a good show and i dont always go against the grain but face it right now the WWE sucks it was good 2 years ago and cena is a main problem with the wwe today

Reaction score
but his moveset is weak. dnt get me wrong, i nvr said batista is better, and i dnt think that. AND DO NOT BRING BENOT INTO THIS, IF YOU"RE GOING TO SAY CENA IS BETTER THAN BENOIT GO TO YOUR KITCHEN, LOOK UNDER THE CABINET, FIND SOME WINDEX AND CHUG IT. you're obsessed with cena becuz you're avatar sig and name all have cena in them... OBSESSED. you're not a bad poster, i just feel that you take comments on cena too personally. if you're arguing with someone about it then obviously your thoughts contradict on anothers, so0 dnt try to impose them on anyone. let ppl dis cena all they want, idc when ppl diss jeff hardy. ooh hes a druggy, he is 20 but looks 60, i dnt give a fuck what they have to say. he is entertaining, and i like his style. if you like everything about cena then good for you, keep on keepin on. BUT, don't try to go around telling ppl they're wrong. the same thing could go for me right now, but im not trying to just diss cena, im trying to understand y ur so into him, and explain why i dnt like him, and probly most other ppl on here.

imported_Loki

Reaction score
what your trying to do is say that cena is the best at evry thing however he isnt close if you werent so biased than youd see that that man has flaws and quite a few of him ok so b4 u try to argue more that cena is the best remember that he is a flawed wrestler at best and the only reason he is getting promoted is because he can cut big promos and give vince mcmahon a big cashout

Great One

Oh my god Loki, the fact that you JUST said Batista is better than Cena pretty much killed all merit of an argument from here on up that you post. Cena is a 2x better professional wrestler than Batista in ALL aspects. He's a fucking joke compared to Cena, enough said. I've always had respect for Cena has a person he's a good guy, I've talked to him before. Yeah, his gimmick use to annoy me and still kinda does, but Vince books him as the biggest babyface that also means 80% of his promos are completely scripted and he's told EVERYTHING what to do, being the good worker he is, he agrees, fair enough isn't it? He's improved A LOT since 2 years ago, more than anyone at his current role that is, his matches aren't as repititive, and if you say they are then compare em to an average Hogan or HBK match. Cena is part of the new era/future of the WWE and he's not going to go away unless something serious occurs. Flawed wrestler? Are you Blue? Please if you can tell me the last time Cena botched ANY move or selled a move wrong I will consider that. Cena is a solid, decent wrestler with a goofy style he is booked to perform, please use your eyes. You want a flaw wrestler, I got 7 letters for you, B-A-T-I-S-T-A, you moron.

imported_Loki

Reaction score
ok bud whatever i said hes a bit better than cena cuz most can tollerate him a bit more that is all he better be going away soon atleast for a bit drop down a bit because we need a new champ for a few months (atleast 3) get some fresh blood inthere i garentee that theres atleast 3 ppl in the wwe roster better than cena today let them take over for a bit get him outta the picture.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I agree with CenaMark on most of his views about Cena. And face it whether you like Cena or not he is among the biggest draws in the WWE and not because he is a champion but because he is so over with the American population. John Cena = HOUSE HOLD NAME. So do many top WWE stars but Cena is among the most talked about and popular wrestlers among children and most non wrestling fans/casual wrestling fans if you know what I mean. Whether Cena is a good wrestler or not shouldn't be a factor, since we never really saw Cena in a match where he wasn't restricted to do what was scripted for him to do... dominate in a hero fashion. The odds are stacked against him and he overcomes them for some reason. And anytime Cena does his trademark moves the crowd pops and they all wait for the moves to happen and expect it.

Great One

It doesn't matter if you said he's a 'little bit better'. But yeah, I agree there's a few who should get their chance to carry the belt at this time, I completely agree, it is tiring always seeing the belt on him.

imported_Loki

Reaction score
well mike that about summs it up all im saying is he cant wrestle and ur saying that he draws crowds is well known and is well liked however still dosnt stop the fact that he cant WRESTLE like actually WRESTLE not oh i beat umaga its starting to become unbeliveable and its pissing me off

*edit not that umaga is a good wrestler or anything*