TNA signs with POP TV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Sadly, U-Verse doesn't carry Pop.

GN...you'll be going into this one without me, bbe.

:cry:

Was over at a friend's house this past week and caught TNA on for a bit. They were doing the bracket stuff for the World Title and had a LOT of talking going on. Wasn't much wrestling to be seen. I basically felt like I was watching an ESPN show with lots of commentary with the wrestling matches scattered between acting as replays of football games, etc. Is it like that every week on Destination America, or is it just the tournament for the World Title? Ugh. Hoping that's gone when it comes to Pop, otherwise I highly doubt I'll be able to handle watching it much.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

Was over at a friend's house this past week and caught TNA on for a bit. They were doing the bracket stuff for the World Title and had a LOT of talking going on. Wasn't much wrestling to be seen. I basically felt like I was watching an ESPN show with lots of commentary with the wrestling matches scattered between acting as replays of football games, etc. Is it like that every week on Destination America, or is it just the tournament for the World Title? Ugh. Hoping that's gone when it comes to Pop, otherwise I highly doubt I'll be able to handle watching it much.
Josh Matthews sure does like to talk. He also likes shitting on the fans for having opinions but that is life I guess.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

(Keep in mind this is the perspective from someone who stopped watching after bringing Dixie back. Seriously, fuck off! :kratos:)

I'm blaming this entire tournament on this weird ass taping schedule they had going on. They were set to leave Discovery America in October IIRC, and they had enough TV taped to get to that point and had some extra matches taped for some One Night Only shows. Then they got a reprieve from the heads at DA to go ahead and stay on the network until the beginning of the year, but they had no TV to air.

So, lets take all the bonus matches taped for ONO shows and throw them all in this convoluted ass tournament, tape stuff in the booth for actually recent commentary, and wah-lah! Impact!
Yeah this won't exactly be the blueprint going forward.

But even before that - since they had to tape like 4 months of TV during one taping or something - there was this GFW invasion angle that was really awkward and lasted for a few months... Not sure if there's anything that's worth going back and seeing (outside of the EC3 vs Spud stuff! Wait, lemme go see if there's any good clips... :hmm: Sure this isn't the best one, but here's this)

As for the talent... know the drunk cowboy and the fat samoan popped up on NXT, but you don't care about them, haha. Lets see... Spud and Ethan are still here, so are Rooooooode and Anderson... Aries is in talks with NXT, Styles is in Japan, and Taryn is talking to Jesus. Anyone else? :haha:

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Aries is in talks with NXT

I had wondered about him, then he popped up on the one show I saw parts of. Couldn't remember if he was still with TNA or not. Honestly was kind of disappointed when I saw him though... he has not aged well since I last saw him. :please: He was looking a bit rough, haha.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Aries did show up at the last NXT tapings for a meeting, nothing new on that front yet. Gunner was also there.
Addiction (Kazarian and Daniels), Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley are in ROH (Shelley when not doing new japan or being injured as is the norm). And they are apparently trying to get Anderson to jump over as well. Oh, and ODB is also there as One Dirty Briscoe. And Roode was backstage when ROH did Toronto earlier this fall but that could just as well have been going backstage to hang with his friends.

Also AJ does ROH when not in Japan obviously.

Reactions: Snowman1

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
So apparently I have this channel. I'll probably start watching TNA just because.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This is gonna be so weird when TNA goes live after using tapings from July, shit is gonna be mad different

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
TNA are now fully advertising the UK tour as the last chance to see Kurt.

CVihhXgUsAAEkzr.png:large

That is pretty awesome, I hope we get a few good Angle matches next year. I'd love to see Angle vs Eli Drake, Angle vs a young British heel or Angle vs Spud at Birmingham, that would be an insane crowd.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I feel like TNA is holding on at this point just to spite Gohan lol.

"@TFAstillinBuildness still rolling strong so suck our dicks @RammySavageLovesAwkardButtstuff"

KevinJamesFan

The Artiste
Reaction score
120313-billy-corgan.png
Seriously, this washed up musician is the senior creative/ development producer. This is a side project of his, his main passion includes ruining his old tracks, anti drug propaganda, being a self righteous/self loathing person and running a vegan restaurant. Let this soak in, Smashing Pumpkins frontman is a senior producer at this train wreak

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
120313-billy-corgan.png
Seriously, this washed up musician is the senior creative/ development producer. This is a side project of his, his main passion includes ruining his old tracks, anti drug propaganda, being a self righteous/self loathing person and running a vegan restaurant. Let this soak in, Smashing Pumpkins frontman is a senior producer at this train wreak

Wreck* :smirk2: