TNA debuts new championship.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I still don't understand why this type of match is even happening like this is a fixed sport, in MMA it goes to judges if no one taps or gets knocked out so whats the goal in this match? If you do flashy moves wouldn't that get more points? Wouldn't that make clear bias in judges (kayfabe) over bigger guys? This whole thing is silly.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I still don't understand why this type of match is even happening like this is a fixed sport, in MMA it goes to judges if no one taps or gets knocked out so whats the goal in this match? If you do flashy moves wouldn't that get more points? Wouldn't that make clear bias in judges (kayfabe) over bigger guys? This whole thing is silly.

It's yet another TNA failure waiting to happen. WWE couldn't get real fighting to go over with Brawl For All, how is TNA going to do it with fake real fighting?

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It's yet another TNA failure waiting to happen. WWE couldn't get real fighting to go over with Brawl For All, how is TNA going to do it with fake real fighting?
I mean, I don't want to be like lolTNA but this has got to be the ultimate lolTNA. Its getting into WCW territory of dumb, I doubt these rules will last 6 months tbh.

So I'm a bit behind but let me get a few things straight on TNA before I can give an actual opinion on the state of the promotion, so they got dropped from Spike and then picked up by Destination America and then dropped again but now they are on Pop?
Bobby Lashley is holding all their singles titles? They're website is still god awful and their roster page hasn't been updated in years. Their biggest feud is Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy in a so awful its funny bit, EC3 is still a thing, Mike Bennett is one of their "stars" and they are now working out of a warehouse, is all of this correct/

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I mean, I don't want to be like lolTNA but this has got to be the ultimate lolTNA. Its getting into WCW territory of dumb, I doubt these rules will last 6 months tbh.

So I'm a bit behind but let me get a few things straight on TNA before I can give an actual opinion on the state of the promotion, so they got dropped from Spike and then picked up by Destination America and then dropped again but now they are on Pop?
Bobby Lashley is holding all their singles titles? They're website is still god awful and their roster page hasn't been updated in years. Their biggest feud is Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy in a so awful its funny bit, EC3 is still a thing, Mike Bennett is one of their "stars" and they are now working out of a warehouse, is all of this correct/

Agree with the level of dumb... it is very WCW.

The TV changes are correct. Lashley is only holding the world title from the looks of it. I remember the warehouse thing too. The rest I have no idea.

TNA became beyond repair for me a couple years ago. After their blatant disrespect for Jeff Jarrett, their using Dixie as an awful on screen authority figure, that stupid drug addict storyline, pushing EC III as an undefeated champion... among like another 3000 stupid storylines... they went from being my favorite wrestling company to the ONLY promotion in the history of wrestling that I can't bring myself to watch at all.

This just seems like another asinine idea that will further their descent into the inevitable.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Agree with the level of dumb... it is very WCW.

The TV changes are correct. Lashley is only holding the world title from the looks of it. I remember the warehouse thing too. The rest I have no idea.

TNA became beyond repair for me a couple years ago. After their blatant disrespect for Jeff Jarrett, their using Dixie as an awful on screen authority figure, that stupid drug addict storyline, pushing EC III as an undefeated champion... among like another 3000 stupid storylines... they went from being my favorite wrestling company to the ONLY promotion in the history of wrestling that I can't bring myself to watch at all.

This just seems like another asinine idea that will further their descent into the inevitable.
Its really a huge shame, they seemed to be on a really good track in late 2013/Early 2014 both in the quality of their shows and business wise. They did a couple of tapings in Glasgow that sold really well, Magnus won the world title and it was good they were finally putting the focus back on young talent, they had AJ leave with the belt and defend it outside the promotion when he "left". They had a deal with Wrestle-1 and they had Senada win their X Division title. They had a solid roster of guys like Styles, Magnus, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries etc. But from there it went downhill, they did a stupid AJ/Magnus match with something like 6 guys interfering and it was just dumb and it did not help Magnus at all, he already cheated to win the belt just let him get one clean win to solidify his reign. Then the roster dropped like flies etc etc. Its a shame but they dug themselves a hole.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Its really a huge shame, they seemed to be on a really good track in late 2013/Early 2014 both in the quality of their shows and business wise. They did a couple of tapings in Glasgow that sold really well, Magnus won the world title and it was good they were finally putting the focus back on young talent, they had AJ leave with the belt and defend it outside the promotion when he "left". They had a deal with Wrestle-1 and they had Senada win their X Division title. They had a solid roster of guys like Styles, Magnus, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries etc. But from there it went downhill, they did a stupid AJ/Magnus match with something like 6 guys interfering and it was just dumb and it did not help Magnus at all, he already cheated to win the belt just let him get one clean win to solidify his reign. Then the roster dropped like flies etc etc. Its a shame but they dug themselves a hole.

I agree. I even started watching it again and was enjoying it. But they pissed it all away, imo. This seems to me just another example of a bad decision on their part.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'm all in if TNA starts partnering up with the IGF and puts the belt on Lashley and have him face off against Inoki's boys in fixed MMA fights. Like it would be weekly TV for me

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Legends - Cuz Booker was a bitch
Global - because fuck the USA
TV - because USA
King of the Mountain - because fuck knows
Grand - because KOTM is too much Jarret, and MMA!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Legends - Cuz Booker was a bitch
Global - because fuck the USA
TV - because USA
King of the Mountain - because fuck knows
Grand - because KOTM is too much Jarret, and MMA!
The Grand belt is not part of the TV, KOTM and Global lineage tho. It fills the slot of secondary title, but it is not the same belt.

This belt should not be judged by the history of previous one.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score

I remember watching TNA during that period, I think that's the only time where I watched the product consistently tbh. It was pretty good too.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I remember watching TNA during that period, I think that's the only time where I watched the product consistently tbh. It was pretty good too.
2012 is probably considered the top year in the post Bischoff/Hogan enters era among most fans I think. It had the ascent of Aries, Roode's title run. Bully Ray's proper coming out party etc. 2013 and 2014 were decent years but the Aces and Eights booking took over so much of the programming and I don't think TNA had realized their money problems really at that point.

I have given TNA flack over the years, some justified, some probably not. But they will get kudos from me for being willing to try so many new things. They are the prime example in wrestling of throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

They lied to Spike and got dropped, had business issues with DA and got dropped, and now are on Pop.

Bobby Lashley is only holding the TNA World title. EC3 is a major draw for TNA, why wouldn't it still be a thing? Mike Bennett is a over. And yes they moved their offices into a warehouse. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy draws really well, as well. I don't find it awful. I do think they have very cringeworthy/hilariously weird segments, but the overall program (match quality, promos, story) is pretty amazing.

People are jumping to conclusions, as well. It hasn't made it's official TV debut, and people think it's the last straw. MMA/Pro-Wrestling hybrids are done all the time, all over the world. I see no problem with TNA attempting to cash-in on the mainstream success of MMA. They're trying, and I give them props. I have yet to decide whether or not this is the last straw, since I haven't seen it's debut or the matches, or any storyline or how it's gonna be held up.

Stopspot

Reaction score
They lied to Spike and got dropped, had business issues with DA and got dropped, and now are on Pop.
It wasn't just business issues with DA. Dixie accidentally sent a internal email calling the head of DA an idiot to said head of DA.

As for the ratings, lets not overhype this. The stuff with EC3 and the Hardys are drawing, but the bumps are small. But there are signs of this being long term slow and steady ratings peaks, which is better than doing a sudden spike and dropping back down

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
People are jumping to conclusions, as well. It hasn't made it's official TV debut, and people think it's the last straw. MMA/Pro-Wrestling hybrids are done all the time, all over the world. I see no problem with TNA attempting to cash-in on the mainstream success of MMA. They're trying, and I give them props. I have yet to decide whether or not this is the last straw, since I haven't seen it's debut or the matches, or any storyline or how it's gonna be held up.

I would argue against that it is jumping to a conclusion to think this will fail. I think there is plenty of evidence in pro wrestling history that any sort of MMA style is going to fail. If you haven't watched the specific episodes of Raw in which the Brawl for All occurred, you should. The negative reaction from the crowd and the chants of "We want wrestling" pretty much indicate that what we want to see is wrestling, not MMA type fighting.

Occasionally having an MMA wrestler put on a pro wrestling match is a huge difference than having a championship division on your program dedicated to that sort of fighting.

Then there was the completely embarrassing Jeff Jarrett MMA Challenge, which was the last straw for me with TNA... embarrassing my favorite wrestler with that crap so that I quit watching their show.

Now I am not saying that it won't work this time, but I think there is more than enough information to show that this is not what American pro wrestling fans want to see. If we want to watch MMA, there are plenty of outlets in which we can watch real MMA. Why would we want to turn into a professional wrestling show to watch staged MMA?

I don't consider that jumping to conclusions. I consider that a completely valid question.