TNA debuts new championship.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Um...in what way is this necessary? They really haven't had the best success in secondary championships... as I really don't consider the X Division a secondary championship. But the Legends/Global/TV title should have been indication enough to quit doing this.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
TNA...just stick with a freaking belt!

The Legends Championsip was good....then it was changed and it slowly went to hell.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
So, are they gonna put this championship on Lashley, too?

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
At least it is something different. I'll wait to form an opinion until I see some matches in action.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Um...in what way is this necessary? They really haven't had the best success in secondary championships... as I really don't consider the X Division a secondary championship. But the Legends/Global/TV title should have been indication enough to quit doing this.
Getting rid of the stigma of a failed Secondary championship, is what's necessary to make their secondary championship mean something. The other title has had so many gimmick changes, division changes and has been treated like utter dirt (which is quite sad since the design is gorgeous). This title, can hopefully, mean something and prove to be a formidable stepping stone for rising stars.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This one will be contested under MMA inspired rules.

All in on TNA morphin into the IGF

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This sounds like a really awful attempt at trying to bring in MMA fans which just wont happen, it wouldn't even work with WWE let alone TNA.

On another note, how is anyone supposed to take this title seriously? Its gotten so many rules and names and champions that its meaningless now.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
This sounds like a really awful attempt at trying to bring in MMA fans which just wont happen, it wouldn't even work with WWE let alone TNA.

On another note, how is anyone supposed to take this title seriously? Its gotten so many rules and names and champions that its meaningless now.
Did you even read the OP, or any of the posts in this thread?

This is not in the lineage of the KOTM title. The rules are very simple. 3 rounds, with judges determining the winner if the match ends in a draw.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Did you even read the OP, or any of the posts in this thread?

This is not in the lineage of the KOTM title. The rules are very simple. 3 rounds, with judges determining the winner if the match ends in a draw.
None of the posts in this thread say the rules or anything that blatantly says that it wont be carrying on the lineage of the KOTM, actually its the opposite.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
None of the posts in this thread say the rules or anything that blatantly says that it wont be carrying on the lineage of the KOTM, actually its the opposite.
Not sure why anyone would think a title with a different design, name and gimmick would carry on the King of the Mountain title's lineage.

I think this is more of a way to cash-in on the "strong style" boom in the US. With promotions like NJPW with their NEVER Openweight title and Progress with their Heavyweight title, and so on.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Getting rid of the stigma of a failed Secondary championship, is what's necessary to make their secondary championship mean something. The other title has had so many gimmick changes, division changes and has been treated like utter dirt (which is quite sad since the design is gorgeous). This title, can hopefully, mean something and prove to be a formidable stepping stone for rising stars.

That has very little to do with my point. TNA has shown over and over that they don't know how to successfully promote a secondary title. This was true of the Legends title and of the KOTM title as well.

If they're able to do it right this time, fine, good for them. But my point in my previous post was simply that they haven't been able to do a secondary title right before so personally I don't have any faith that they're going to do it right this time.