TNA Blew Their Load to Quickly

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I think the only time a title win deserves confetti and celebration is in a case like Kurt Angle: when he won the title from Austin that time.

TDamien

Reaction score
Chris Beniot almost won the title in 2000 against The Rock. Him and Jericho got main event pushes their first few years. Instant success doesn't mean you HAVE to have won a title your first year in the company.

And Jericho duked it out with Goldberg in WCW while Goldberg was champion. Beniot got a few PPV main events in WCW and held the US title plenty of times.

I think the biggest reason for them going to WWE was not because WCW had no plans to build them higher but because Time Warner set standards which made it nearly impossible for them to compete with WWE in ratings, so they went where the ratings are.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
or maybe it was because booking didn't give a damn about you unless your name was Kevin Nash, Hogan, Scott Hall, Sting, Goldberg, Flair, etc. I remember reading in Eddie's book how they would keep changing the amount of time they had to work a match up until they are about to hit the curtain. They treated their talent like pure-dee trash.

Kizza

Reaction score
God I hate it when people can't spell BENOIT.

/randompoint.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Only time confetti and a celebration on a title win should happen is during a major PPV or if Sting beat Hogan back in 96, besides that it shouldn't happen! Especially on free tv!

Yeah, I caught the repeat and wasn't mad till I saw the confetti.

seX-Power

Reaction score
It's just fucking confetti.

And whoever said RVD isn't a big superstar in TNA is an idiot, all he would have to do is show up in TNA and he'd already be a huge superstar there.

Reaction score
No doubt RVD is a big superstar, but there's no fucking way anyone can believe that he's someone to carry the company.

berserk

Reaction score
when i came here... i wrote RvD is my favourite wrestler on the entrance ramp... but that AJ vs. RVD match was an absoloute train wreck

Montana

Reaction score
Kinda funny...i had the same thread name on TNA's first Monday Impact, since the switch.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39626

But yeah, I was super hyped when AJ was doing the heel things and RVD came out....But then they threw Hardy in there, and i was like WTF. I thought they were going to have RVD vs. Hardy in the main event, and the winner gets a PPV title shot. I agree, no sense giving all this up on free tv. I know TNA was going for "shock" factor. But sometimes it's too much.