Thoughts on improving the site.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Hey all. Just want to get some discussion here about improving things on the site. We know it's been a bit slow. Live discussions have been significantly cut back due to no one chatting. You all know how it's been.

So what kind of things do you all think might perk things up around here? What changes would you like to see made?

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
The site needs a rebranding. We talk about more wrestling then just wwe anyway. I suggest we change the name to the All Wrestling Forum. Or AWF. We don't limit ourselves and talk about all things wrestling.

Even made a logo for it. Plus I can change the color too if desired or anything about it.
20210703_003652.jpg

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
The site needs a rebranding. We talk about more wrestling then just wwe anyway. I suggest we change the name to the All Wrestling Forum. Or AWF. We don't limit ourselves and talk about all things wrestling.

Even made a logo for it. Plus I can change the color too if desired or anything about it.
View attachment 17671

This^

I know that this seems like a Tall task but How about a YouTube channel where matches and moments from all wrestling companies are reviewed.

and at the end of each vid we just promote this site

That definitely would bring more people to the site imo

PS. With enough subscribers you guys could make money

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

View attachment 17671
It doesn’t need a rebranding. It just needs to be promoted, that’s literally it. People are more likely to search of WWE than Wrestling and even if they were to search wrestling, that might fall into actual amateur wrestling.

We just need someone posting on social media like a news outlet on Twitter. Not even a news, but interact with people about it, post wrestling gifs all while being under the label WWEForums. Giveaways help too.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
It doesn’t need a rebranding. It just needs to be promoted, that’s literally it. People are more likely to search of WWE than Wrestling and even if they were to search wrestling, that might fall into actual amateur wrestling.

We just need someone posting on social media like a news outlet on Twitter. Not even a news, but interact with people about it, post wrestling gifs all while being under the label WWEForums. Giveaways help too.

CFA8055-E-A566-4-A39-B5-C2-E22338-C412-F4.jpg

5-CFB180-C-120-A-4-BC3-A7-EE-9-BB6-F104-FC7-D.jpg

• Wow

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
You would have a good point, we're it not for an error in your attempt to prove your point.

Let's take a look at wwe search results over a longer time period.

Capture+_2021-07-05-00-01-45.png

As you can see. The true reality is it's dropping. Down a solid 13% year over year in the ratings too.

Truth is rebrands are important. And in this case needed. Sure some promotion will help, but it doesn't solve the important issue that the forum would be more appealing if it cators to the largest audience. There is literally no reason not to rebrand it to what we actually do here. Talk about wrestling. All Wrestling. Limiting it to just wwe is a silly decision at best.

• Wow

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
This^

I know that this seems like a Tall task but How about a YouTube channel where matches and moments from all wrestling companies are reviewed.

and at the end of each vid we just promote this site

That definitely would bring more people to the site imo

PS. With enough subscribers you guys could make money

That could be some work but I like that. I already have a YouTube channel with a good following so that could help.

Reactions: Deadmanforever97

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
@CM Punk is partly right about the rebranding. I've been thinking about it and I think maybe rather than rebrand, we add to it. When people search for a wrestling forum, they will likely search for WWE. But I should change the description when people find it.

I am thinking on this today. I will update later.

One thing I really need is help from the mods. I am also going to condense some of the nodes. I think there are way too many and not all of them are needed.

WWE Forums can add AWF to it.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
That could be some work but I like that. I already have a YouTube channel with a good following so that could help.
There's this one guy on YouTube who have a pretty cool and awesome show called.... Ring of Hawk

He reviews Wrestler Runs, Storylines, Gimmicks, Etc.

You could probably take some notes from his channel

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
There's this one guy on YouTube who have a pretty cool and awesome show called.... Ring of Hawk

He reviews Wrestler Runs, Storylines, Gimmicks, Etc.

You could probably take some notes from his channel

lol you know, showing me his first video where he trashes my second favorite wrestler of all time won't get me to watch his videos.

But I can also do an answer video trashing his trashing of Jarrett.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
lol you know, showing me his first video where he trashes my second favorite wrestler of all time won't get me to watch his videos.

But I can also do an answer video trashing his trashing of Jarrett.
Well I apologize... But his channel is very good he has better videos. Like the one with Matt Morgan's Stuttering gimmick

Back on topic....

Rebranding and YouTube Reviews are good thing to get this site back on track

There's other forums who have YouTube channels and they benefited largely

But like you said before "it's gonna take some work" and most likely some time but it can be done and it can be a success.....

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
You would have a good point, we're it not for an error in your attempt to prove your point.

Let's take a look at wwe search results over a longer time period.

View attachment 17682

As you can see. The true reality is it's dropping. Down a solid 13% year over year in the ratings too.

Truth is rebrands are important. And in this case needed. Sure some promotion will help, but it doesn't solve the important issue that the forum would be more appealing if it cators to the largest audience. There is literally no reason not to rebrand it to what we actually do here. Talk about wrestling. All Wrestling. Limiting it to just wwe is a silly decision at best.
Rebranding isn’t the issue. It’s literally lack of promotion. Traffic is low so on the site so it’ll affect how well we do on searches. If we pushed the site more, it would appear more + traffic would increase. (Social media)

Changing the name literally isn’t going to bring any more people to the site, trust me.
Plus the forums that did super well during the forum era aside from wrestlingforum was literally this forum and another forum called TheWWEForum.

@E.A. Roadster
since you ran forums give your take

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
We were averaging 2000+ posts a day when the forum literally started. Rn we’re averaging probably less than 50 a day. This isn’t a brand issue, it’s literally a promotion issue or an activity issue. Even Britta however you may like/dislike her kept activity alive with her threads which made us have more engagement. And around that time you could say we averaged maybe 200+ posts a day.

Edit: which is why E-feds were also a huge thing. They kept activity afloat. We already have a brand name to a point where people can revisit the site without being confused as to why it changed or where it went. And having a redirect link would just be a wasted purchase.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think a rebrand is more intended to show a switch in focus. For example, I used to run a forum called Pr o Wr e stling Fo rum (why is this censored still), that's actually a really decent name and we were doing great as far as SEO, search engine visibility, and had a lot of guest and crawl bot traffic, but we had no activity so it mean't nothing. I supported, and still support, an update in look and feel. It's been like this for like 3 years now. I think the name and domain are fine, and probably have a decent amount of e-equity.

The site is inactive which is the biggest hinderance. The problem is ofc finding people that are willing to post everyday. I try my best to come on a few times a week, but that's not enough. I think the main thing that grips people now is community. Forums will never outrank reddit and Twitter for discussion, but what they do have is community functions. I know we did things for community for a few months, but I think there's more to untap. Revitalized prediction contests, video game contests, maybe with gift card prizes or something.