The vignette from Raw...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Reaction score
If it IS in fact Sting, then no need for anything too elaborate, just set up a few simple angles to bring a bout a few 'dream' matches.... Job done.

In fact, does anyone have a particular desire to see him against anyone in specific (other than Taker)?

Axis

Reaction score
If it IS in fact Sting, then no need for anything too elaborate, just set up a few simple angles to bring a bout a few 'dream' matches.... Job done.

In fact, does anyone have a particular desire to see him against anyone in specific (other than Taker)?
If this was a year ago, I would have actually rather seen Sting vs Michaels, but maybe that's just me. Plus that's impossible now. Sting vs Cena, Sting vs Triple H, Sting vs Punk, and maybe Sting vs Big Show appeal to me. I would not want to see him mixing it up with midcarders. And I do not have faith in some of WWE's uppercard guys to wrestle a match with Sting correctly.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I'd hate to be a spoiler, but don't count on Sting being on Impact - and your entire arguement is null and void based on the fact you actually typed the name Christian being involved in TNA, especially in a storyline that "starts" in 2 days... lmao!

And why would you play your best card at the Rumble as a surprise guest if you're not going to have him win it? A guy like Sting, you HAVE to hype his return in one way or another, you can't just bring him in as a surprise entrant in the Rumble if he doesn't win the damn thing/lose controversially.

And once again, we're talking about a Newspaper here, not dirt sheets or e-fed forums...
Christian was in tna, and he was in the MEM. if you remember correctly, he had a match with Booker T and if he had won, he would've been the legends champion if he had lost, he would have to join the MEM...which he did and therefore was a member of that group, but at the same time he had signed with wwe again and got his butt kicked by the mem and kicked out of the group.

ThomC

Reaction score

I always wanted to see him wrestle HBK over wrestling Taker, but that isn't going to happen.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Christian was in tna, and he was in the MEM. if you remember correctly, he had a match with Booker T and if he had won, he would've been the legends champion if he had lost, he would have to join the MEM...which he did and therefore was a member of that group, but at the same time he had signed with wwe again and got his butt kicked by the mem and kicked out of the group.

Christian is UNDER CONTRACT with the WWE...

Veritas

Reaction score
First - no way in hell do I see "STING" in the smoke.

There were advertisements on Youtube from the local area that were promoting that RAW show with the ad "the return of The Undertaker" and F4W reports that that's what the videos are for. I'd say that's who it is. But who's to say that's the only thing WWE is planning. Like someone else said, it was reported that WWE signed three deals before the Rumble and with the way Bischoff handled things on iMPACT, they seem pretty sure he isn't coming back there. Maybe WWE is promoting Taker's return like this publically but they also have Sting ready to go, knowing full well that those videos will create speculation. If I was a praying man, I'd pray that this is what Vince is doing, lol.

And if it were a one year deal, yeah there's some stuff I'd like to see Sting do. Losing to Taker is obvious to me because Sting is WCW and Taker can't lose to him in "his house," no way. There would be absolutely nothing to gain from it. After that, I wouldn't be opposed to Sting going over Kane and then, maybe getting his loss to Taker back at SummerSlam. Getting Sting some momentum back that way would be good leading into an angle with Cena, something like he took out the WWE's legend, can he take out the WWE's present? And I'd really like to see him finish up with Punk. I think Punk could play on Sting's past well and lead to some great promos between the two. And, if it'd be Sting's last match, it'd be a must for Punk to go over. Punk's a popular guy and he's over in WWE but that win would cement him there. And I don't think anyone would be opposed to it because Sting isn't a "WWE guy" while, in a way, Punk is.

noumenon

Reaction score
It's most likely Undertaker. However... WWE would not run a vignette like this knowing that people would start wild speculation over the possibility of it being Sting, it would just be asinine. Unless a continuation of the vignette airs within the next week or so with a more concrete confirmation that it's Taker I would hope WWE is playing off the double edged sword that it could be either man (assuming it could be Sting). Taker always receives these return promos, so it's really nothing new.
Let's also not rule out the possibility of someone completely new.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
If it is in fact Sting, I will undoubtedly mark like a little kid again. I love Sting (even his TNA stint) next to Austin he's my favorite wrestler of all time (I'm a 90s Kid what can I say lol) and the potential of a Taker/Sting dream match (virtually the only real dream match that I haven't seen yet) Sting and Taker both have the same characteristic: not the dark type of character or only working about half of the year but more the fact that when needed they both can pull an awesome match out of their asses when needed.

I've also heard Tyler Black (or Seth Rollins or whatever his FCW name is) and even Jericho. Neither of which I see very realistic. Sting would make sense, this vignette looks a lot like the Starcarde '97. I dont say it's a precursor, just putting that out there. Hell knowing the WWE Evan Bourne wouldn't shock me lol.

As a matter of fact here's the 1997 Starcade vignette:
http://[YT]exS_djjs3WA[/YT]

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The reason it doesn't say Taker to me is it's the first vignette for Taker that doesn't have the static... and I've never seen a Taker promo I could question it being Taker for.

noumenon

Reaction score
Didn't WWE sign Tyler Black from ROH? Didn't he have some sort of dark gimmick to him? Sorry if I'm wrong, not a huge ROH viewer... just spitting out some possibilities.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Ya no shit jack...i'm talking about when he was in tna, during his last week or two in that company.

But you said without Nash and Booker, it only leaves them Sting and Christian, thus implying that Sting and Christian could be a part of the They storyline...

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Didn't WWE sign Tyler Black from ROH? Didn't he have some sort of dark gimmick to him? Sorry if I'm wrong, not a huge ROH viewer... just spitting out some possibilities.

Tyler Black is too fast-paced and charismatic for this...

fuzzy

Reaction score
what if it's not Sting-Taker or Kong. what if it's someone it's a new wrestler coming into wwe? like what they did with ADR except instead of promos they are doing this.

...god...

Reaction score
This is so obviously Sting. This speculation is so utterly Blue, it's laughable. AWESOME KONG (WHAT?), how could any human being with an IQ > 60 think this is Awesome Kong in any shape or form. Tyler Black (lol), Undertaker, no, all no. Undertaker will come back in some way linked to fucking Kane, since he was the one who BURIED HIM. Why would there be random promos for him now? It's Sting, it's a returning guy, they played the promo twice on the show, they played Jericho's promos twice on the show.