• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The vignette from Raw...

ahorrig

Reaction score
roflmao at people 'determining' its sting. in jericho's return a couple years back, the hype was quite huge. the video reminds me of the promos.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I don't think it's jaricho, it's likely gonna be Taker. as far as Sting goes, a lot can be known tomorrow durring TNA Impact because now Hogan is known as the bad guy and Sting was against him when he came in durring that whole short lived NWO bs tna pulled, except it was shown moreso that hogan is there for the better and not a takeover...so now that's clear in the open, who knows? it just might be Sting returning at LLD...?
what do you guys think?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Okay, I keep reading that Taker is returning on 2/21/2011....but I still think the video is for Sting. It would be incredibly gay if they were to hype someone who has been in the business for over 20 years and who is famous these days for suddenly reappearing around WM time. Would make sense for Taker and Sting to arrive on the same day and build up a feud for an epic WM match.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Okay, I keep reading that Taker is returning on 2/21/2011....but I still think the video is for Sting. It would be incredibly gay if they were to hype someone who has been in the business for over 20 years and who is famous these days for suddenly reappearing around WM time. Would make sense for Taker and Sting to arrive on the same day and build up a feud for an epic WM match.

That could simply account for why, maybe, they've chosen not to go down a cryptic route of teasing the return.... Because it's 'obviously' Taker and it's a simple announcement that The return of the Deadman is imminent.... I mean you'd think they'd signal it in someway through fear of lack of interest in a Taker-less Mania.

That vid to me is like the equivalent of them showing a promo for HHH where all you can see is a biker jacket and a sledgehammer - Of course, it could be something entirely different, but it's hard to ignore what's right in front of yer face.

fuzzy

Reaction score
well after watching impact tonight, i could see Sting making his return at the next TNA-ppv. just the way the immortal-fortune storyline and how bischoff is bringin' in more members, i can fortune going down in numbers and needing that help they're looking for...

but who knows cause they looked pretty strong this week.

Edward 3:16

Reaction score
This is Undertaker. There is no way in hell Sting is going to WWE this late in his career. Sting has said many times in the past that he doesn't like Vince nor anything WWE stands for.

There just teasing us with the idea of it being sting by using the same kind of promo sting cut at Starcadde in 97.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
This is Undertaker. There is no way in hell Sting is going to WWE this late in his career. Sting has said many times in the past that he doesn't like Vince nor anything WWE stands for.

There just teasing us with the idea of it being sting by using the same kind of promo sting cut at Starcadde in 97.

As far as I've read/seen he said he's never had anything against Vince or the WWE, and he has all the respect in the world for Vince and the WWE. All he has said is he didn't like the direction the WWE (WWF at the time) was moving in, and he didn't like how many of the top WCW guys (DDP, Booker T etc.) were buried, be it intentional or not were buried during the Invasion. Never once did he say he didn't like Vince (as far as I've read).

But I also think the #1 reason he never went to the WWE aside from him faith is his ego and being the #1 name to NEVER work for Vinnie Mac, it's not that he's a egotistical person, but I think he likes that association.

Edward 3:16

Reaction score
As far as I've read/seen he said he's never had anything against Vince or the WWE, and he has all the respect in the world for Vince and the WWE. All he has said is he didn't like the direction the WWE (WWF at the time) was moving in, and he didn't like how many of the top WCW guys (DDP, Booker T etc.) were buried, be it intentional or not were buried during the Invasion. Never once did he say he didn't like Vince (as far as I've read).

But I also think the #1 reason he never went to the WWE aside from him faith is his ego and being the #1 name to NEVER work for Vinnie Mac, it's not that he's a egotistical person, but I think he likes that association.

He's still not coming. If i doesn't like the general direction then why would he be so inclined to jump on board.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
He's still not coming. If i doesn't like the general direction then why would he be so inclined to jump on board.

Sting has actually openely expressed respect and praise for WWE making it into the PG area; and the Crow Sting actually came up in a discussion to help clean the trashy-content of the NWO from WCW, he didn't want to be affiliated with that, so they made him the anti-nWo... he's ALWAYS been against the more hardcore rated stuff (typically why you don't find a Sting match with blood or weapons (the bat was a very big compromise, and he even talked about that during his TNA-exclusive interview before he made his first appearance for the company).

Now that WWE fits that mold as a company, Sting would be comfortable working the programming...

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Here's the vid of Sting's reasoning as to why he never went north after WCW closed:

[YT]l0hn2nHnvls[/YT]
(IDK why but it wont embed so fuck it)

This video pretty much sums it up. Back in 2001 he was just burned out and needed a break. Also, like he said he didn't like the product at the time. I've also heard that like previously stated he likes the current direction of the WWE. I think that with the PG WWE and Sting knowing he doesn't have much time left I wouldn't mind seeing him go to the WWE, if for nothing else just a true Sting DVD (I'm sure if he wanted to he could buy the rights to his TNA material) and HOF induction. But, I think with the right build and opponent he could have one last epic match, at Wrestlemania, be it this year or next.