The vignette from Raw...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I'm like 75% certain I'm going to be at that Raw. They are promoting Taker for that show, but that's not who the vignettes are promoting. THey don't do a Taker return without some gongs and whatnot.

nation

Reaction score
[YT]SM9ysYQPwpw[/YT]

Pause at 2:30. It's Sting, not only is this obviously similar to his Starcade 97 return promo but there is just no imagery to present this as the Undertaker, no bells, drones, tombstones, etc.

fuzzy

Reaction score
But would Sting actually go there just to wrestle at WM and possibly be in the HOF? I mean if he does go there, he's gonna face Taker at wm but why would he where's the reason in him facing Taker? and why would Taker face him at wm and not not to go after Kane after what Kane has done to him? and it's very likely that if Sting does face Taker at wm, Taker is gonna win, so what is that gonna do for Sting...he comes to wwe, wrestles Taker at wm and loses...then what?
and as far as promosgo, they can be changed to fit a revammped or returning character.

Reaction score
Man, after seeing tonight's vignette and hearing the Johnny Cash song from last year's HBK'Taker video, especially the part about "no grave holding his body down" left me a little saddened that it could be Taker, unless it's a very, very good way to try and swerve.

fuzzy

Reaction score
same here, I was thinking the same thing. And that part about "No grave holding his body down" kind of makes me think that Taker's coming back from his last match being buried alive by Kane, and his at that house that Kane had burnt down...

Reaction score
Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer stated during yesterday's episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that there has been absolutely no contact between Steve "Sting" Borden and World Wrestling Entertainment officials.

Umm, you can take it how you like. Meltzer's group was the one circulating the rumors that the TNA guys had said Sting was WWE bound, so who knows. I'm thinking that they filmed the vignettes before signing Sting and used them as a Taker return as a worst case scenario. Or this can be the WWE's best kept secret since Cena returning at the Rumble in 08.

nation

Reaction score
Sting got removed from the TNA website today, nice timing. The song is a good swerve, it could mean how no grave(casket) will hold Sting down. Or perhaps in reference to his old Crow character.

noumenon

Reaction score
lmfao @ that smoke thing in the video. Give me a fucking break... now that's taking it too far.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^The most hilarious thing, someone made a video where they "determined"

"Subtract 2 from 21, you get 19.
Subtract 1 from 1, you get 0."

And the guy who made the smoke video commented saying "Who the Hell wastes their time with stupid shit like this!?"

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I think some people are looking way to far into the videos. Honestly, Using the smoke/numbers as reasoning as to why it is/isn't Sting. I hope it is, but knowing the WWE I wont get my hopes up for anything until February 21st. This however may be one of the coolest debut hypes sinces Jericho's back in 1999.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
It's Undertaker. The end.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much a done deal.

I mean, unless this is like one of the biggest swerves of all time. Think about it less literally. Ain't no grave that could hold my body down? That could easily be referring to Sting's time in TNA and the resulting crappiness that came along with it.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Just throwing it out there.

But didn't TNA take had him removed from their site once or twice before, and both times he made his return... so TNA taking his profile down doesn't mean all that much, and on top of that, isn't TNA doing the storyline where the original TNA wrestlers are bounding together to fight off the immortal take over of the company. Isn't Sting one of the originals?

Axis

Reaction score
Depends on your definition of "original." Given that he's a WCW guy and was globally famous before coming to TNA, I would argue that he's not an "original." Regardless, that is logical, and your point is over what TNA is going to do, so throw what I said out the window. Fact of the matter is that you're probably right in that if Sting returns, it will likely be to fight against Immortal.