The Thread of God aka CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

Reaction score
I'd like to see him feud with and job to Dolph Ziggler. They could have some fun segments and a match or two.

Somebody respond to this and tell me who gets Ziggler heat, please.

Reaction score
So every single person they push should appeal to the same demographic?

^^^ No. Never said that. But if you want to make $$ you cater to those that drive sales. Ryders fans, for the majority,are bitchy internet smarks with no $$.

I said for someone over (that's arguable to say the least) with a large demographic, his crowd reaction was lackluster to say the least, especially put against someone whom is universally hated by all key demos. Then I said that the demo he appeals to doesn't equate to money for the E. Teenagers and college kids are broke muffuggas, they don't buy merchandise, ppvs and other WWE camp the way Little Jimmys can get their parents to open their wallets by a far margin and advertisers know this. You can have great ratings, but if you draw the wrong viewers, the high paying advertisers leave in droves, and right now the E isn't exactly "in" the way it was when Austin and Rock were up top, two guys that appealed to enough demos to make wrestling cool. Kids and their parents, penniless teens and college kids, long time fans and adults with disposable income catching on with the fad brought in an amalgam of advertisers on board and the E could literally cherry pick whom they wanted, usually the highest bidder. Nowadays they don't have that luxury because they have stars whos draw isn't as broad as a Rock or Austin, and they exploit them to the demos that bring in the $$.

To answer you question, should they push people to the same demo? No, not necessarily, but push to the key demos that drive your business. The E is far better off pushing Mistico to the moon as he will drive far more pesos into WWE coffers than Zach Ryder will dollars. They should target ethnic demos, Rey being one of the top merchandise movers for damn near a decade is proof of this. Khali is HUGE in his native land and the E draws HUGE over there with him. Push the Euro guys, push the Orientals, push the Mexicans. Remember, the E is a worldwide company that has a higher profit margin over seas than here at home, mainly because it isn't overly saturated there, but the bottom line is that this is a business and profit is the goal. Ryder can have near 100k hits on Youtube, doesn't mean jack if he doesn't appeal to the demos that butter the bread.

I saw Monday as a litmus test for Ryder. He was up against the male counterpart of Vickie and he received nothing that constituted the hype he gets on the IWC. You can't blame the WWE now, they put him in an incredible chance to get over. Cole is more over than basically any heel on the roster since Punk is basically a tweener now and he didn't fare well with the crowd. See the heat Cole got during his promo? See the heat he got during his entrance (awesome btw)? Notice the lack thereof for Ryder? I guarantee you if Santino or some other mildly over mid card face were put in that spot, the crowd pops. I'm not saying it's fair to judge his pop because he has indeed had a lack of exposure. But if he's as over as some insist he is, the pop would have been there. Yes there are Ryder fans, yes there are Ryder signs, but it's not like he's Jericho in late 98, Ryder is still a minority cult following at best. People, to me at least, are getting it twisted with this guy.

Regarding Punk, anyone see them doing an Austin-Bret at SummerSlam with Punk and Cena? Seems like now is the perfect time to do a double turn and set Cena up properly for Rocky. There's no way the audience would let that match go down as face/face and Rock isn't heeling no matter how hard he tries.

Reaction score
I'd like to see him feud with and job to Dolph Ziggler. They could have some fun segments and a match or two.

Somebody respond to this and tell me who gets Ziggler heat, please.

Vickie. Take away Vickie and this equates to nothing. Ziggler should be on Smackdown, if they're going to give him a chance it might as well be on the show where he has the best chance.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^^^ No. Never said that. But if you want to make $$ you cater to those that drive sales. Ryders fans, for the majority,are bitchy internet smarks with no $$.

I said for someone over (that's arguable to say the least) with a large demographic, his crowd reaction was lackluster to say the least, especially put against someone whom is universally hated by all key demos. Then I said that the demo he appeals to doesn't equate to money for the E. Teenagers and college kids are broke muffuggas, they don't buy merchandise, ppvs and other WWE camp the way
So who is buying ALL the Ryder merchandise?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Enzo Malenko said:
Regarding Punk, anyone see them doing an Austin-Bret at SummerSlam with Punk and Cena?

I couldn't help but think the same thing watching Raw, Cena for one of the first times during his main run, played a total heel on Raw during his interactions with Rey, ultra babyface. I don't think Punk's the man to do it with though, More like him turning on Rey if they wanna go that route., which would at least be an interesting feud until Survivor Series since they've never really feuded since Cena moved to Raw. I don't think they'll turn Cena in the end though, seems more like they held Rock back during his WM deal, they might want to (stupidly) try to make Rock more heelish over Cena. Just my guess though.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
As far as Ryder goes, I heard himself make a great point as far as his merch sales, basically. The WWE only orders so much of his shirts to sell. For example If Ryder's shirt sells out, they likely ordered much much MUCH less than a Cena shirt. And they probably ordered as much as a jobber dictates, and he sold up to lower-mid-card standards, "selling out" faster than usual. I think that would explain that pretty well.

As a fan, I enjoy his wrestling. His promos are weak, since the ECW days. I used to like his show, but he himself is basically a one-trick pony. "WWE ISN'T USING ME! I'M SAYING IT PUBLICLY! HAHA LAUGH! STUPID JERSEY PHRASE!" Everyone else on the show is funnier than him, he seems like much more of a nice guy than a comedian. Like I said, I think he's a good wrestler, but if he doesn't get pushed, I think of half-dozen way more agregious non-pushes just in this decade and I personally won't get up in arms. Everyone's entitled to their favorites, he's no draw though.

Reaction score
So who is buying ALL the Ryder merchandise?

People with money, duh. :)

Seriously, I don't see alot of Ryder shirts in the audience nor have read reports that they are flying off the shelves. Not everyone in that specific age group is penniless, but that demographic is notoriously horrendous to advertising revenue. Everyone has a shirt, Kozlov, DiBiasie and Goldust have shirts. Who's buying ALL that merchandise?

...god...

Reaction score
Ya, HTK, I alluded to that a long while ago, obviously why his shirts are selling out. And people, A LOT of people are buying his stuff, obviously not as many Rey masks or Cena gear, but the point is he should have far enough exposure since he's already done a good job of selling shit most likely why he got a new shirt. It seems he's getting more time on the show though as he's now the SD assistant GM or w/e.

...god...

Reaction score
I guarantee you if Santino or some other mildly over mid card face were put in that spot, the crowd pops. I'm not saying it's fair to judge his pop because he has indeed had a lack of exposure. But if he's as over as some insist he is, the pop would have been there. Yes there are Ryder fans, yes there are Ryder signs, but it's not like he's Jericho in late 98, Ryder is still a minority cult following at best. People, to me at least, are getting it twisted with this guy.
Guarantee, huh? Interesting you used Santino as an example as he just tagged with Ryder and got completely shit on as far as reaction and pops were concern. Don't think there was ANYONE more hotter than Ryder tonight lool close between him and Punk. gg smurf.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
If Punk really has creative control over his storylines is this how he wants it? Really? Terrible end to Raw. What do they think bringing out John Laurinitus makes the promo more edgy and controversial? Idk I just didnt like really anything that I saw on Raw tonight besides The Truth, Miz, and some small portions of the opening promo, but even that was dissapointing.

Reaction score
Guarantee, huh? Interesting you used Santino as an example as he just tagged with Ryder and got completely shit on as far as reaction and pops were concern. Don't think there was ANYONE more hotter than Ryder tonight lool close between him and Punk. gg smurf.

I was about to come in here and eat crow. Read that and now I've nothing to cling to. Fuck off.

Axis

Reaction score
tbf, I'm pretty sure PeepShow was the only one cheering for him, and he's just really loud

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Nah, there was actually a group of like five 15 year olds above us that all had his shirt and Ryder signs constantly chanting WE WANT RYDER between every segment. He got a really fucking good pop. I would honestly say the only ones better were Cena, HHH, Punk, and Mysterio.

...god...

Reaction score
Sad they had him lose to those fucks, as you can see, he could REALLY piggyback off some credibility. A teaming of Ryder and Miz would also be so fucking gold and beneficial for Ryder. But I'm enjoying the Truth/Miz stuff just as much at the moment, definitely the highlight of the show aside from the awesome opening Punk/HHH promo which was getting pretty intense. I just wish Cena would fuck off and we could have just a old classic 'personal' type feud because Triple H and CM Punk where they have just brutal fucking fights to the death, shed blood, and tell a story, then have it culminate in a Hell in a Cell. Am I the only one interested in a HIAC match between these two? Could be awesome.