• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I really don't want them to even attempt to shoehorn somebody into Seth's place.
This is one of the reasons why it could end badly, knowing how the shield was originally with the high flying abilities of Seth Rollins there would be no doubt they would try and replace Seth with another high flyer.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why it could end badly, knowing how the shield was originally with the high flying abilities of Seth Rollins there would be no doubt they would try and replace Seth with another high flyer.
Adrian Neville??? Nahhhhh

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score

I don't want them to replace him with anybody at all. high-flying or not, the chemistry those three had was incredible and I highly doubt they'll come close to getting anywhere near that again.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Not to mention Seth's roll wasn't just the high flying jaw dropper that he became. He was also kind of the peace maker within the group. Whenever there was a falling out between Ambrose and Reigns, Seth would be there picking up the pieces and placing the team back together.

How is it going to work without him?

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Not to mention Seth's roll wasn't just the high flying jaw dropped that he became. He was also kind of the peace maker within the group. Whenever there was a falling out between Ambrose and Reigns, Seth would be there picking up the pieces and placing the team back together.

I'm leaning towards "It won't"

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Not to mention Seth's roll wasn't just the high flying jaw dropped that he became. He was also kind of the peace maker within the group. Whenever there was a falling out between Ambrose and Reigns, Seth would be there picking up the pieces and placing the team back together.

They will be on the same page for sure now... they both got their asses whipped so they both have the same goal.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Damn I wish it would have been Ambrose that turned heel there but whatever. Haven't watched in a while but that was actually nicely played out from what I saw. I think Ambrose and Reigns will get beat down for a while and then Ambrose turn his back on Reigns possibly and have Reigns as a big face character. That'd be cool.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Damn I wish it would have been Ambrose that turned heel there but whatever. Haven't watched in a while but that was actually nicely played out from what I saw. I think Ambrose and Reigns will get beat down for a while and then Ambrose turn his back on Reigns possibly and have Reigns as a big face character. That'd be cool.

Yeah, you know that Reigns will be solo eventually and this would be a good way for it to play out.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah, adding a new member to The Shield wouldn't make sense. Reigns is already being groomed as the next big main eventer and once he's gone, that leaves only Ambrose. So unless they wanted to keep the group around with Ambrose and two new recruits (tuuurrible idea), then The Shield is pretty much done after Reigns and Ambrose split. It's had it's life and to be honest, I'm eager to see all three guys will look like when they're not all just wearing riot gear 24/7.

Anyway, being that Reigns is the guy designated to be the biggest breakout star here, it's pretty obvious that he's gonna be the one left standing to fight the whole battle by himself in the end. Which means expect Ambrose to turn on Reigns when it comes time for Reigns versus Hunter at Summerslam. Before that time arrives, though, this is kinda how I expect it to play out - Hunter tells Reigns and Ambrose next week on Raw that their buddy Rollins saw the light and realized that there's much more of a future in being on good terms with the boss than in fighting against him, and he tells them that the door is always open for them to follow suit and do the same. They rebel though, and the result is that Ambrose fights Rollins in a singles match at the PPV and Reigns competes against Orton in the MITB match (assuming Reigns isn't put on the sidelines because of his possible real-life injury.) Perhaps a couple of rematches at Battleground as well (Reigns/Orton, Ambrose/Rollins.) Then it's to Summerslam, which I mentioned above.

Fast forward to Hell In A Cell where Reigns defeats Hunter inside the cell (no idea what goes down at NOC.) Then it's off to Survivor Series where Reigns and four partners defeat HHH/Orton/Ambrose/Rollins and a fifth partner (a one-time thing, similar to the Wyatts teaming with The Real Americans last year, or Snitsky and Edge teaming with Evolution back in 2004) in a traditional SS elimination match. And that should bring this whole rivalry to a culmination point. I'd also expect that Rollins will defeat Sheamus for the United States Championship somewhere down the line, and Ambrose could end up winning the IC Championship from someone, too, if Barrett drops it to another babyface before that time.

Reactions: The Showstopper1

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Yeah, adding a new member to The Shield wouldn't make sense. Reigns is already being groomed as the next big main eventer and once he's gone, that leaves only Ambrose. So unless they wanted to keep the group around with Ambrose and two new recruits (tuuurrible idea), then The Shield is pretty much done after Reigns and Ambrose split. It's had it's life and to be honest, I'm eager to see all three guys will look like when they're not all just wearing riot gear 24/7.

Anyway, being that Reigns is the guy designated to be the biggest breakout star here, it's pretty obvious that he's gonna be the one left standing to fight the whole battle by himself in the end. Which means expect Ambrose to turn on Reigns when it comes time for Reigns versus Hunter at Summerslam. Before that time arrives, though, this is kinda how I expect it to play out - Hunter tells Reigns and Ambrose next week on Raw that their buddy Rollins saw the light and realized that there's much more of a future in being on good terms with the boss than in fighting against him, and he tells them that the door is always open for them to follow suit and do the same. They rebel though, and the result is that Ambrose fights Rollins in a singles match at the PPV and Reigns competes against Orton in the MITB match (assuming Reigns isn't put on the sidelines because of his possible real-life injury.) Perhaps a couple of rematches at Battleground as well (Reigns/Orton, Ambrose/Rollins.) Then it's to Summerslam, which I mentioned above.

Fast forward to Hell In A Cell where Reigns defeats Hunter inside the cell (no idea what goes down at NOC.) Then it's off to Survivor Series where Reigns and four partners defeat HHH/Orton/Ambrose/Rollins and a fifth partner (a one-time thing, similar to the Wyatts teaming with The Real Americans last year, or Snitsky and Edge teaming with Evolution back in 2004) in a traditional SS elimination match. And that should bring this whole rivalry to a culmination point. I'd also expect that Rollins will defeat Sheamus for the United States Championship somewhere down the line, and Ambrose could end up winning the IC Championship from someone, too, if Barrett drops it to another babyface before that time.

I like your thinking... nice!

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Rollins is the most natural baby face of the group. I don't know why they didn't use Ambrose in this betrayer role. What's done is done though, I'll have to see how they explain this one.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
New Shield member... CM Punk! lol

At this point, it wouldn't really make sense adding another member to The Shield. I just can't wait to see how they explain this.